Adil Ray Bbc Asian Network

iaana

Guest fordcapri

This something else the media need to now about using the word "asain" again in the race disorder on saturday

In the violence and disorder which took place in Birmingham on Saturday 8th some of the media are again using the term Asian to report who was part of the disorder.

They should be accurate, we no who it was just look at the pictures.

Heres my email letter of complaint below feel free to use it and send it to newspapers who are saying it was asains, it was Pakistani Muslim Youth.

Dear Sir/Madam.

Reference to article: http://www.guardian....irmingham-islam

I wish to make a complaint about your use/abuse of the descriptive term "Asian" to generalise anyone from the continent of Asia and the sub continent of India.

It would seem that your use of the term is typically one of negativity when a particular group is in the news for reasons other than socially and culturally conducive reasons.

Many people are upset at the generalised term "Asian" when most of the population of the minorities who do come from the continent of Asia and the Indian Sub continent do not use this term.

Sikhs, Hindus, Buddhists, Chinese, Vietnamese, Burmese are all Asian, they can all be described under the terms of Asian and it is in my opinion quite wrong to generalise such a diverse swathe of people in this broad, sweeping inaccurate term.

It is something I feel that is in danger of creating a broad distrust of minorities in general. If one community is in the news for criminal and public order issues then they should be described specifically.

Yours Sincerely

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, now that's a proper complaint lol.

i sent this, not as good but there you go:

I am writing to complain about Adil Ray undermining the core principle's of a baptised sikh. During the talk about the cancellation of the Gurdas Mann Concert Adil came out and said along the lines of "that's a stupid reason for having a kirpan and do sikhs really need them?"

The kirpan is a symbol of the sikh faith and is also defined as the sword of mercy. Used to defend others in dire need and when a person is in a life threatening situation.

When he comments upon other asian religions (hardly ever), he's made to take it back and apologise, as are other people across the media.

He has been impolite about the sikh religion on previous occasions as well, and this must not go on.

Convieniently that particular show

http://www.bbc.co.uk...etwork/adilray/

is unavailable, where as previous ones are still available.

Also in terms of respect for the sikh faith, hundreds of thousands of sikhs fought and died for the allied forces in the world wars, where as the were hardly any hindus or muslim. That is not bias, it is what the unbiased records from various sources show.

i hope the bbc will take the corect action. In my opinion, an apology from Adil on his show and a warning to him about his furute conduct would suffice at this moment in time.

Thankyou, from

A sikh.

Dam, so many typos, oh well they'll get the gist of it ;)

Guest fordcapri

wow, now that's a proper complaint lol.

i sent this, not as good but there you go:

I am writing to complain about Adil Ray undermining the core principle's of a baptised sikh. During the talk about the cancellation of the Gurdas Mann Concert Adil came out and said along the lines of "that's a stupid reason for having a kirpan and do sikhs really need them?"

The kirpan is a symbol of the sikh faith and is also defined as the sword of mercy. Used to defend others in dire need and when a person is in a life threatening situation.

When he comments upon other asian religions (hardly ever), he's made to take it back and apologise, as are other people across the media.

He has been impolite about the sikh religion on previous occasions as well, and this must not go on.

Convieniently that particular show

http://www.bbc.co.uk...etwork/adilray/

is unavailable, where as previous ones are still available.

Also in terms of respect for the sikh faith, hundreds of thousands of sikhs fought and died for the allied forces in the world wars, where as the were hardly any hindus or muslim. That is not bias, it is what the unbiased records from various sources show.

i hope the bbc will take the corect action. In my opinion, an apology from Adil on his show and a warning to him about his furute conduct would suffice at this moment in time.

Thankyou, from

A sikh.

Dam, so many typos, oh well they'll get the gist of it ;)

used yours changed it a bit awating reply

Does anyone have a recording of this?

This is far worse than what Carol Thatcher was sacked for by the BBC as this went live on air. I suggest we start a campaig seeking Adil Rays removal. If he has not got the nouse to keep his mouth closed before he spouts insensitive irresponsible statements bordering on racism then he deserves no airtime. I think after the hooray over the Big Brother Shilpa Shetty comments where individuals were investigated for racism we need similar action here. With us being recognised as a race we need to take stern action against this Adil Ray and the BBC.

I suggest we start posting our thoughts on one of the BBC Muppet network sub forums like:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...?show=25&skip=0

It should be open in the morning at 9am.

We should also write to our MPs demanding action by broadcasting regulators for Adil Rays remarks and the subsequent cover up.

Complain also via:

https://www.bbc.co.u...mplaints/forms/

Also complain via the Equality Commission:

http://www.equalityh...job/contact-us/

I for one am fed up of all these pseudo asian presenters on the Asian Network who are overpaid, underworked and allowed to promote their own agendas. We fund these idiots and what do we get in return? The Asian Network is littered with nepotism and brown nosing.

Guest fordcapri

Gurfateh

Is their anyway possible we can speak to the local media sources about this?

we need people to know if they say something about our sikhi then they will be named and shamed??!?!

anyone think this is a good idea?

What religion is this Adil Ray anyway.

Tell all sikhs to boycott the station till he is brought to a displinary for gross misconduct.

What religion is this Adil Ray anyway.

Tell all sikhs to boycott the station till he is brought to a displinary for gross misconduct.

He is muslim.

The Asian nobwork have posted this denial

On Thursday 6th August on the Adil Ray show on the BBC Asian Network, the news had two stories about Sikhs. One was about the cancellation of a Gurdas Maan concert in Canada, the other about Sikh soldiers joining the Queen's guard in the UK for the first time. Adil talked about both with the newsreader after the bulletin.

We have had a few responses from listeners who thought that he was in some way mocking the Kirpan or Sikhism, or judging the rights and wrong of wearing the Kirpan. That response has led to discussion on some message boards.

The Asian Network and Adil Ray would like to assure all our listeners that he did not mock the Kirpan or Sikhism.

He was expressing surprise at the cancellation of the gig over the Kirpan issue, and then to link the two stories he made a remark about the British Army and whether it would be open-minded enough to let Kirpan wearers in. At no time did he make any judgement about people's faith or the rights and wrongs of wearing the Kirpan.

The Asian Network and Adil Ray welcome the fact that he has listeners of all faiths who enjoy his humour and presentation

BBC Asian Network

No apologies and strange why if the statement is correct they have pulled the online stream.