Idols In Darbar Sahib

Bijla Singh

Sumer Singh Chauhan in his essay on the common heritage of the sikhs and hindus - divide & conquer - states:

"many scholars have stated that the granth contains specific references to hindu gods such as Rama and Krishna.

The gurudwaras, or sikh temples, have always been decorated with pictures of Hindu Gods, and both Devtas and Devis.

The first desecration of these pictures and Murtis was in 1906 at Harmandir, and this was the first action taken by separatist sikhs, heavily influences by British administrators such as Max Arthur Macauliffe and Wilheim Leitner (who invented the name Singh Sabha).

Until 1906 there remained life size Murtis of both Lord Hari ( Vishnu) and the 6th Guru Harigovind

Other gurudwaras also had them removed as recently as 1984, this occurred after the attack on the golden temple. this was not an attack on religion but was justified for reasons of national security.

IF THE GURUS DIDNT WANT MURTIS OF HINDU GODS IN THE

HAR(VISHNU) MANDIR, WOULDNT THEY HAVE SAID SO DURING THEIR LIFETIMES INSTEAD OF IT HAPPENING IN 1906 UNDER THE SAY SO OF THE BRITS???

Guru Govind passed on in 1708, over 200 years after his passing the Singh Sabha suddenly decide to remove these murtis??

According to A.R. Darshi:

When the British conquered and annexed Punjab in 1849 they were aware of the power and glory of the Sikhs. They also knew that Sikh power emerges from the Gurdwaras. Therefore they conceived a sinister plan to scuttle Sikhism by taking control of these institutions of religious power through their agents. In pursuit of their aim they installed Hindu Mahants as managers of important Gurdwaras. For instance, Mahant Narain Das and Mahant Sadhu Ram both anti-Sikh elements, were respectively made in charge of Gurdwara Nankana Sahib and Harimandir Sahib. The fanatic and corrupt Hindu Mahants installed idols in the Gurdwaras and introduced Hindu rites and rituals which were denounced and renounced by the Sikh Gurus. In this way the Mahants brought Sikh religion under the evil influence of Hinduism and muddled it greatly. (Gallant Defender, Page 25)

Even a Hindu is writing that Hindu mahants installed idols in Darbar Sahib. Prior to 1849 Akal Takhat and Darbar Sahib remained under the control of Akalis who were very religious and dead serious against any sort of anti-Gurmat practices. There is not a single evidence to prove that Darbar Sahib had idols from the times of the Gurus. No one can prove that the idols that were removed were installed by Guru Sahib. Not a single source can testify to this from 18th century. Macauliffe was student of Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha so he was influenced by Sikhs not the other way around. Singh Sabha brought back the traditions and had idols been part of Sikh tradition they would’ve been kept. Not a single Gurdwara exists from 18th century that has pictures of Hindu idols and demigods. If Hindus insist on their empty argument that idols were installed by Guru Sahib then they must provde a proof from historical text and give more details. How many idols were there? What were the sizes of these? Who made those statues? Why his name Is not mentioned in any of the history texts? How much was he paid for his job? Why didn’t Abdali, Jakriya Khan and Massa Ranghar destroy these as it was a custom of Muslims to destroy idols? If these idols were destroyed then who remade them? How did Khalsa get these idols? From where and for how much? Historical texts speak of Nawab Kapoor Singh laying the foundation of Darbar Sahib after it was destroyed by Abdali but no mention of brining in idols and installing them again. Darbar Sahib was repaired by Sikhs many times in 18th century so were idols repaired as well? When and what is the evidence? List of questions is endless but Hindus won’t have an answer for a single one because their arguments are simply false and lies just like their 330 million gods.

Guru Sahib spoke strongly against idol worship. Their own message is the very proof of it. Here is something for ignorant hindus to read:

ਹਿੰਦੂ ਮੂਲੇ ਭੂਲੇ ਅਖੁਟੀ ਜਾਂਹੀ ਨਾਰਦਿ ਕਹਿਆ ਸਿ ਪੂਜ ਕਰਾਂਹੀ

ਅੰਧੇ ਗੁੰਗੇ ਅੰਧ ਅੰਧਾਰੁ ਪਾਥਰੁ ਲੇ ਪੂਜਹਿ ਮੁਗਧ ਗਵਾਰ

ਓਹਿ ਜਾ ਆਪਿ ਡੁਬੇ ਤੁਮ ਕਹਾ ਤਰਣਹਾਰੁ 2

The Hindus have forgotten the Primal Lord; they are going the wrong way. As Naarad instructed them, they are worshipping idols. They are blind and mute, the blindest of the blind. The ignorant fools pick up stones and worship them. But when those stones themselves sink, who will carry you across? ||2|| (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang, 556)

ਘਰ ਮਹਿ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਨਦਰਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਗਲ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਹਣੁ ਲੈ ਲਟਕਾਵੈ 1

ਭਰਮੇ ਭੂਲਾ ਸਾਕਤੁ ਫਿਰਤਾ ਨੀਰੁ ਬਿਰੋਲੈ ਖਪਿ ਖਪਿ ਮਰਤਾ 1ਰਹਾਉ

ਜਿਸੁ ਪਾਹਣ ਕਉ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਕਹਤਾ ਓਹੁ ਪਾਹਣੁ ਲੈ ਉਸ ਕਉ ਡੁਬਤਾ 2

ਗੁਨਹਗਾਰ ਲੂਣ ਹਰਾਮੀ ਪਾਹਣ ਨਾਵ ਨ ਪਾਰਗਿਰਾਮੀ 3

ਗੁਰ ਮਿਲਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਜਾਤਾ ਜਲਿ ਥਲਿ ਮਹੀਅਲਿ ਪੂਰਨ ਬਿਧਾਤਾ 439

Within the home of his own self, he does not even come to see his Lord and Master. And yet, around his neck, he hangs a stone god. ||1|| The faithless cynic wanders around, deluded by doubt. He churns water, and after wasting his life away, he dies. ||1||Pause|| That stone, which he calls his god, that stone pulls him down and drowns him. ||2|| O sinner, you are untrue to your own self; a boat of stone will not carry you across. ||3|| Meeting the Guru, O Nanak, I know my Lord and Master. The Perfect Architect of Destiny is pervading and permeating the water, the land and the sky. ||4||3||9|| (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang, 739)

ਜੋ ਪਾਥਰ ਕਉ ਕਹਤੇ ਦੇਵ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਹੋਵੈ ਸੇਵ

ਜੋ ਪਾਥਰ ਕੀ ਪਾਂਈ ਪਾਇ ਤਿਸ ਕੀ ਘਾਲ ਅਜਾਂਈ ਜਾਇ 1

ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਹਮਰਾ ਸਦ ਬੋਲੰਤਾ ਸਰਬ ਜੀਆ ਕਉ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਦਾਨੁ ਦੇਤਾ 1ਰਹਾਉ

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਦੇਉ ਨ ਜਾਨੈ ਅੰਧੁ ਭ੍ਰਮ ਕਾ ਮੋਹਿਆ ਪਾਵੈ ਫੰਧੁ

ਨ ਪਾਥਰੁ ਬੋਲੈ ਨਾ ਕਿਛੁ ਦੇਇ ਫੋਕਟ ਕਰਮ ਨਿਹਫਲ ਹੈ ਸੇਵ 2

Their service is useless. Those who fall at the feet of a stone god their work is wasted in vain. ||1|| My Lord and Master speaks forever. God gives His gifts to all living beings. ||1||Pause|| The Divine Lord is within the self, but the spiritually blind one does not know this. Deluded by doubt, he is caught in the noose. The stone does not speak; it does not give anything to anyone. Such religious rituals are useless; such service is fruitless. ||2|| (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang, 1160)

ਘਰਿ ਨਾਰਾਇਣੁ ਸਭਾ ਨਾਲਿ ਪੂਜ ਕਰੇ ਰਖੈ ਨਾਵਾਲਿ

ਕੁੰਗੂ ਚੰਨਣੁ ਫੁਲ ਚੜਾਏ ਪੈਰੀ ਪੈ ਪੈ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਮਨਾਏ

ਮਾਣੂਆ ਮੰਗਿ ਮੰਗਿ ਪੈਨ੍‍ੈ ਖਾਇ ਅੰਧੀ ਕੰਮੀ ਅੰਧ ਸਜਾਇ

In your home is the Lord God, along with all your other gods. You wash your stone gods and worship them. You offer saffron, sandalwood and flowers. Falling at their feet, you try so hard to appease them. Begging, begging from other people, you get things to wear and eat. For your blind deeds, you will be blindly punished. (Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Ang, 1240)

ਕਹਾ ਭਯੋ ਜੋ ਅਤਿ ਹਿਤ ਚਿਤ ਕਰ ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਸਿਲਾ ਪੁਜਾਈ

ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਥਕਿਓ ਪਾਹਨ ਕਹ ਪਰਸਤ ਕਛੁ ਕਰ ਸਿਧ ਨ ਆਈ1

ਅਛਤ ਧੂਪ ਦੀਪ ਅਰਪਤ ਹੈ ਪਾਹਨ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਖੈਹੈ

ਤਾ ਮੈਂ ਕਹਾਂ ਸਿਧਿ ਹੈ ਰੇ ਜੜ ਤੋਹਿ ਕਛੂ ਬਰ ਦੈਹੈ2

ਜੌ ਜੀਯ ਹੋਤ ਤੌ ਦੇਤ ਕਛੁ ਤੁਹਿ ਕਰ ਮਨ ਬਚ ਕਰਮ ਬਿਚਾਰ

ਕੇਵਲ ਏਕ ਸਰਣ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਬਿਨ ਯੌ ਨਹਿ ਕਤਹਿ ਉਧਾਰ39

So what if you worshipped statues, monuments or pictures? Worshiping these, your soul has been tired (meaning you are close to death) but you have not found anything. You donate rice rice, you burn joss-stick, wick lamps or Franklin-cense, you burn oil lamps and perform many other rituals but that statue does not get you anything because it has not life. Hey <banned word filter activated>! What do you get out of performing these rituals? What can a stone give you? If this stone had life, then it would have been able to give you something. Think this over and start reciting God’s praises, then you will know the right path and you will know that without God, you cannot get away from this cycle of birth and death. (Shabad Hazaray, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਕਾਹੂ ਲੈ ਪਾਹਨ ਪੂਜ ਧਰਯੋ ਸਿਰ ਕਾਹੂ ਲੈ ਲਿੰਗ ਗਰੇ ਲਟਕਾਇਓ

ਕਾਹੂ ਲਖਿਓ ਹਰਿ ਅਵਾਚੀ ਦਿਸਾ ਮਹਿ ਕਾਹੂ ਪਛਾਹ ਕੋ ਸੀਸੁ ਨਿਵਾਇਓ

ਕੋਊ ਬੁਤਾਨ ਕੋ ਪੂਜਤ ਹੈ ਪਸੁ ਕੋਊ ਮ੍ਰਿਤਾਨ ਕੋ ਪੂਜਨ ਧਾਇਓ

ਕੂਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਆ ਉਰਝਿਓ ਸਭ ਹੀ ਜਗ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਗਵਾਨ ਕੋ ਭੇਦੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਓ 10

While worshipping stones some people are bowing before them and some others are withholding idols of stones in their necks. Some people have faith that God is in the south while others consider God, is toward the west and they are bowing their heads in those directions. Some people are worshiping idols foolishly while others are adoring the dead. The whole world is busy in such false performances without knowing the secret mystery of God. (Akal Ustat, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਤਾਹਿ ਪਛਾਨਤ ਹੈ ਮਹਾ ਪਸੁ ਜਾ ਕੋ ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪੁ ਤਿਹੂੰ ਪੁਰ ਮਾਹੀ

ਪੂਜਤ ਹੈ ਪਰਮੇਸਰ ਕੈ ਜਿਹ ਕੇ ਪਰਸੈ ਪਰਲੋਕ ਪਰਾਹੀ

ਪਾਪ ਕਰੋ ਪਰਮਾਰਥ ਕੈ ਜਿਹ ਪਾਪਨ ਤੇ ਅਤਿ ਪਾਪ ਲਜਾਹੀ

ਪਾਇ ਪਰੋ ਪਰਮੇਸਰ ਕੇ ਜੜ ਪਾਹਨ ਮੈਂ ਪਰਮੇਸਰ ਨਾਹੀ ੯੯॥

O foolish beast! You do not recognize Him, Whose Glory hath spread over all the three worlds. You worship the creatures of God, on account of which your future (in the yond) is lost. For self interest you do such sin that even then great sin is ashamed of that. O ignorant, fall at the feet of the Lord. God does not reside in these stones. (Bachittar Natak, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਕਾਹੇ ਕਉ ਪੂਜਤ ਪਾਹਨ ਕਉ ਕਛੁ ਪਾਹਨ ਮੈ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰ ਨਾਹੀ ਤਾਹੀ ਕੋ ਪੂਜ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਕਰਿ ਕੈ ਜਿਹ ਪੂਜਤ ਹੀ ਅਘ ਓਘ ਮਿਟਾਹੀ

ਆਧਿ ਬਿਆਧਿ ਕੇ ਬੰਧਨ ਜੇਤਕ ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਲੇਤ ਸਭੈ ਛੁਟਿ ਜਾਹੀ ਤਾਹੀ ਕੋ ਧਯਾਨੁ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਨ ਸਦਾ ਇਨ ਫੋਕਟ ਧਰਮ ਕਰੇ ਫਲੁ ਨਾਹੀ ੨੦

Why do you worship stones? The Lord-God is not within those stones; you may only worship Him, whose adoration destroys clusters of sins; with the remembrance on the Name of the Lord, the ties of all suffering are removed; ever mediate on that Lord because the hollow religious will not bear any fruit. (33 Swayeas, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

ਫੋਕਟ ਧਰਮ ਭਯੋ ਫਲ ਹੀਨ ਜੁ ਪੂਜ ਸਿਲਾ ਜੁਗਿ ਕੋਟ ਗਵਾਈ ਸਿੱਧ ਕਹਾ ਸਿਲ ਕੇ ਪਰਸੇ ਬਲ ਬ੍ਰਿੱਧ ਘਟੀ ਨਵਨਿੱਧ ਨ ਪਾਈ

ਆਜੁ ਹੀ ਆਜੁ ਸਮੋ ਜੁ ਬਿਤਯੋ ਨਹਿ ਕਾਜ ਸਰਯੋ ਕਛੁ ਲਾਜ ਨ ਆਈ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਗਵੰਤ ਭਜਯੋ ਨ ਅਰੇ ਜੜ ਐਸੇ ਹੀ ਐਸ ਸੁ ਬੈਸ ਗਵਾਈ ੨੧

The hollow religion became fruitless and O being ! you have lost millions of years by worshipping the stones; you will not get power with the worship of stones; the strength and glory will only decrease; In this way, the time was lost uselessly and nothing was achieved and you were not ashamed; O foolish intellect ! You have not remembered the Lord and have wasted your life in vain. (33 Swayeas, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

In Zaffarnama Guru Gobind Singh Ji gives the cause of opposition to him by the hill kings.

ਮਨਮ ਕੁਸ਼ਤਨਮ ਕੋਹੀਯਾਂ ਬੁਤ ਪਰਸਤ

ਕਿ ਓ ਬੁਤ ਪਰਸਤੰਦੁ ਮਨ ਬੁਤ ਸ਼ਿਕਸਤ 95

I have killed hill Rajas (kings) who are bent on mischief. They are stone idol worshippers, I break idols and I worship one Lord. (Zaffarnama, Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

It is written in Dubistan-i-Mazahib:

ਨਾਨਕ ਪੰਥੀ ਜੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਿੱਖ ਹੈਨ, ਓਹ ਬੁੱਤ ਔਰ ਬੁੱਤਖਾਨਿਆਂ ਪਰ ਨਿਸ਼ਚਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਰੱਖਦੇ

Followers of Guru Nanak (Sikhs) do not have faith in idols and temples of idols.

With respect the quote about idols in the harmandir sahib being there 4rom the gurus times, is from an essay on sikh history by the great sikh historian sumair singh, and if u read the whole article he explains why. It is backed up by the likes of bhai ranbir singh and khushwant singh too. To me tho it isn't a big deal. I won't say anything more as I mite start gettin attacked and told I'm a hindu supporter, lol

Perhaps you can post the articles here and we will see what evidence these 20th century "scholars" have presented to back up their claims. Guru Sahib's stance on idols is clear in Gurbani. A person who doesn't have faith in Gurbani is not a Sikh. Therefore, Khuswant and Sumair are not Sikhs. Read "Harmandar Sahib Da Suneheri Itihaas".

Ps a lot has to do with fact that it was named hari mandir, and murti pooja was an important spiritual practice at da time and our gurus didn't impose there ways on anyone and couldn't refuse anyone. Ps bhai kahn singh was taught by wilheim leitner, a british administrator. A person who had no link 2 sikhi. Nirmala and udassi temples in punjab still hav murtis today. I'm not saying its right, just stating fact. My answer is, things evolve and change, hence we don't hav them today.

Google the article and u can read it, its quite interesting. Pps, no I'm not hindu,lol fbhul chuk maafe

Pps what gives u or anyone da right to say khushwant singh, sumair singh or nayone else isn't sikh? Hankaar is wrong. Concerntrate on our karma and sikhi, and forget wot others r.

Ps a lot has to do with fact that it was named hari mandir, and murti pooja was an important spiritual practice at da time....

Guru Gobind Singh Ji writes, " I am an idol breaker" in Zafarnama. There are contemporary paintings of Darbar Sahib from the times of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, and there are no idols. As Bijla Singh has written, they were installed later on, by the British appointed mahants. Before this time, the Gurudwara was in control of the Nihangs - do you really see them allowing idols?

Har in Gurbani does not refer to the devta of the same name, but to Waheguru.

I wait for the day that someone will repeat the bs from the hindusikh website to my face, but I fear it won't come, because the people who come up with type of rubbish are all cowards, just like their forefathers.

Har means God that is everywhere not Vishnu that is mythological character of Hindus. Hindus have created false characters and attributed God's names to them. Guru Sahib spoke against idol worship and called idol worshippers fools, blind and animals. Gurbani is clear on that. Read it before you make a judgement. Kahan Singh Nabha wasn't student of any British official. The guy didn't even know about Sikhi yet taught Kahan Singh Nabha. What a joke. Macauliffe spent a year in learning from Kahan Singh Nabha. Get your facts straight.

The british are straight up lying and cheating administraotrs of fake Sikh history and hiring "puppet Sikhs" to try to instill half practiced Sikhi. They did a good job but were unable to hide this fact from us today. We need to go back to Gurmat and not Panjabi-mat which is different from Sikhi. You can be a Sikh from any country and follow GURMAT, but panjabis try to implement panjabi-mat into Sikhi. Now I now Im going to be called a "panjabi hater" which is not true, but panjabi cultural practices and Sikh practices differ in many ways, shapes and forms. The british tricked all the spiritually blind and ignorant people to fight against the people that follow Gurmat because the british knew they could not win by mere trickery but dividing the community in civil war was the only way for them to "try' to disrupt Sikhi, so far its workded for 100 years but when you see women returning to the truth of Sikhi and wearing turbans then you now that God gave them the understanding to not take the panjabi culture of "Its ok to just wear a chunni/dupatta, because men are only required to wear a turban etc".

We need to start asking the Gurdwara to do a true Anand Sahib when finishing a program or anything of the sort, i.e. ALL 40 PAURIS not the cut down first 5 and then last pauri, which is the equivalent to reading the fisrt five pauris of JapJi and then reading the salok and then calling that a legit "JapJi recital" etc. If we allow the british lies and trickery to go further then we also have succombed to having our leg cut off and "claiming to be the fastest sprinter in the world". All the mix-up in Sikhi is due to the british "hiring" idiots that were in Sikh roop and having them run the Gurus Institutions. And when saying all this you got people trying to pull the "taliban Sikh" card, because they have fallen into the british trap of moorukhs that claim to be Sikhs.

I also want to publicly retract a sakhi that I posted on another thread about the correct pronounciation of Gurbani and the Sakhi goes as "A Sikh said some Gurbani wrong" and instead of teaching the Sikh that he actually messed up big time and changed the meaning, he supposedly got the Sikh caned/beaten. After talking about it last night with a veer Sahib I can now stand by the fact that "somehow" these stories have emerged to make Guru Gobind Singh sound like a mean Guru so that people are discouraged from being blessed with Amrit. They (the moorukhs) want Guru Gobind SIngh to appear mean and strict beyond compassion, which I feel is a twisted Sakhi to detour Sikhs to be against Guru Gobind Singhs trust and rehat.

A Sikh is Sikhi and Gurubani is Gurbani, and it wont contradict! Those that try to make it contradict are fools that try to justify there insecurity of following Sikhi, or are antiSikhs that want Sikhs to fall as a Panth. There are the emerging moorukh jathas of Anti Dasam Granth/Anti Guru Gobind Singh Sahib and they are noticing the emergence of true Sikhi even after 1984 and have to take their stance now or they might never get to win with public misleading and utter lies. If they dont act fast they might never have the chance to try to trick more people into foolishness and they will be the guy preaching to a wall with no following and no backing by who they are desperate for having a kachi sangat. Foolish people succumb to the "If you cant beat em join em" mentality.

So keep your hair (all of it) and tie your turban and hold on tight you might fall to have the next wave of Sikh soldiers fight for advancement. Be to human shield for your brother/sister behind you in the ranks of this war front that all us GurSikhs are in.

If a baba contradicts Sikhi then dont listen to them, if a sakhi contradicts Sikhi then dont listen to it, if a supposed history contradicts Sikhi then dont learn it. Gurmat is Sikhi. Guru Sahib doesnt contradict, only the fools will lie to make it.

We must understand that there is Guru Sahibs way or no way.

[edited due to grammatical/spelling errors]

good post Bijla Singh.

This is what some ( i presume Hindu) guy has posted on another site ( i wont name it as i dont wish to promote it here) re idol/mutri worship:

Every religion in the world conducts idol worship/murti pooja in some way or another.

Christian bow b4 statues of Jesus, Crucifix and Mary

Muslims bow b4 the Kabba in Mecca , pray towards, conduct Hajj to go and kiss it

Buddists bow b4 statues of Budda

Sikhs bow b4 a granth covered in Cloth that they have never read, and b4 pics of gurus and shasters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what somone else said re expalanation of idols/murits in Hari mandir sahib, ( HOW WOULD YOU answer these points? - SO that i can copy and paste on them on their message board, THANKS for doing the hard work FATEH)

....the lines between who is hindu and who is sikh were a lot more blurred during and immediately after the (sikh) gurus times on earth, than they are today.

Hindus from the Punjab who under the leadership of Guru Gobind Singh took up arms against the mughals, adorned the five kakkars of the guru, and took amrit would describe themselves as Khalsa - (PURE), rather than sikh.

When the fighting was over they would go back to their day to day duties and carry on with their Hindu rituals and festivals such as Diwali, rakhri, lohri and vaisakhi.

...they saw no contradictions in doing so either.....therfore it would be of no surprise that the eldest son of a Hindu family would join the Khalsa army whilst at the same time retaining his Hindu identity /religion during these times.

inter marriage was not seen as an obstacle either and was infact encouraged along the same caste lines....

....it was only with the arrival of the British that words such as sikhi-ism and Hindu-ism were coined, largley to help the British differentiate between and understand the complex spirituality of the natives.....it was also during these times, towards the end of Maharaja Ranjit Singh's empire that the word sikh became more popular as a means to describe what was now begining to be seen as a more distinct religion, than the aforementioned khalsa which was more of an army/hieretichal description......

... therfore one should not be alarmed to note that the holiest shrine of the Khalsa panth (not religion) was named after a Hindu deity, and the practice of idol worship was implemeted by the largely hindu punjabi adherrents to the khalsa panth, soon after its construction...

it was only centuries later after the onset of the British paid historians such as Kahn Singh Nabha that distinctions were formed forged and two seperate belief systems were formed ...this eventually led to idols of the Hindu deities and Guru Harigovind being removed.....largely under the influence of Wilheim Leitner, Kahn Singh Nabha and Max Arthur Macauliffe.....

Navjot Singh Oberoi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How would we answer this? How true is it? I will post ur ansers on their message board

Pps what gives u or anyone da right to say khushwant singh, sumair singh or nayone else isn't sikh?

Just from a distance I would say the fact that they are refering to our beloved Guru sahibs as the following is a very strong tell tell sign as to what test tube they have been spawned from:

Guru HariGovind & Guru Govind Singh