True Raag Kirtan

Himat408

if you listen to classical kirtan or some old school ragis, there's a huge difference between that style of kirtan and the new era of AKJ kirtan and bollywood tunes kirtan. was there any specific way that guru meant for kirtan to be done. does anybody today do kirtan the way guru arjan dev ji did kirtan? or have we gotten rid of the old ways? all i know is that when i listen to bhai balbir singh (ex hazoori ragi) kirtan it sounds way betyter than when i hear some ragis doing bollywood tunes

Listen to kirtan of satkaar jog gurmukh payarey Bhai Avtaar Singh Jee :)

You can listen to shabads sung by bhai sahib in this diwaan; look at the Related Videos

PS. I LOVE the mardang sound toward the end of attached video :L: mai mast ho jana sunda :happy:

Lol, personal quarrels do not equate to the SA 'admin' team inciting hatred! Thats the silliest thing I have ever heard. Whilst some members of the forum certainly do laugh at the puritan mindest of some Sikh Sangat members (and even admin), the SA admin have never bad mouthed this forum, on the contrary, they always make a specific point that they comments are not a reflection on the forum...

Banning the mention of what is probably the most eye opening/intellignet Sikh forum on the net is a disastrous move in terms of the professionalism and lack of ekta mindset of Sikh Sangat Forum Admin.

That N30 has been banned from here due to whatever reason, is no reflection on his N30s neutral and tolerant attitude towards everyone else including those very people that banned him from here..

Anyway, I digress.