Motivation

Guest --learner--

saa mat dayho da-i-aal parabh jit tumeh araaDhaa.

Bless me with such understanding, O Merciful Lord God, that I might remember You.

naanak mangai daan parabh rayn pag saaDhaa.

Naanak begs God for the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints.

Maharaj Ji (Sahib Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj) says, 'Naanak' Mangai', not Gurjeet, Randeep, or so and so, but Naanak. He, himself, becomes an example of humility and humbles us. He, himself, does what he wants his children(us) to do. It's easy to become lecturers but how many of them actually do what they preach? This 'Maha' power does what he says and this is how he motivates us. Understand?

We are so silly, we question such an enormous power in front of whom we are NOTHING. How dare we? WAKE UP! See who we are bowing down to. It is not a book, see the real Power sitting on the throne. That in itself shall motivate us. It will SHAKE up our very foundation. We'll be left in an awe that such a Powerful Entity and yet so approachable, just for our sake. His love will melt our so-called egos...

Last note, the two lines above from Gurbani are 'motivating' us to do Saadh Sangat. It's in Saadh Sangat that we will 'truly' understand, for ourselves, about how exactly this Beloved helps us, 'motivates' us.

Dhan Guru Naanak...

Maharaj Ji (Sahib Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj) says, 'Naanak' Mangai', not Gurjeet, Randeep, or so and so, but Naanak. He, himself, becomes an example of humility and humbles us. He, himself, does what he wants his children(us) to do. It's easy to become lecturers but how many of them actually do what they preach? This 'Maha' power does what he says and this is how he motivates us. Understand?

Fateh Jee

I don't understand the part in bold. I do sort of get it, but at the same time it's not 100% in my head, like the rest of your post was. I would be grateful if you could maybe expand Jee.

Motivation??

When you picture shaheed singhs, singhians (and I don't mean a picture on the pc or whatever) I mean like a realization, a mind video clip of all the things they done just for us to live and spread the word of love to every corner in the universe, just for us to help serve this society, keep the panth in unity, etc. We should be motivated like crazy!!!! why arn't we?? because of this 'Maya' 'Five theifs' etc etc around us. Truth hurts the most, but you know what truth is the best thing ever!!!!!!!!

Bhul chuk maaf jii

wjkk wjkf

This 'Maha' power does what he says and this is how he motivates us.

I don't understand the part in bold. I do sort of get it, but at the same time it's not 100% in my head, like the rest of your post was. I would be grateful if you could maybe expand Jee.

If we were to take a look back at Maharaj Sahib Shri Guru Naanak Dev Ji's life, the message he spread across to humanity, he, himself, had 'first' followed that very same message. He became the change that he wanted to see in us, to encourage us. He simply didn't just 'preach'. Sahib Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj is this very same Naanak Ji himself. Hana Ji?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

This 'Maha' power does what he says and this is how he motivates us.

If we were to take a look back at Maharaj Sahib Shri Guru Naanak Dev Ji's life, the message he spread across to humanity, he, himself, had 'first' followed that very same message. He became the change that he wanted to see in us, to encourage us. He simply didn't just 'preach'. Sahib Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj is this very same Naanak Ji himself. Hana Ji?

Fateh jee

I totally agree with that too Jee. So now've I understood 'does what he says and this is how he motivates us' this part. But, I still don't understand the 'maha' and how is it linked with power? I would be very grateful again if you could further your previous explanation jee.

vjkk vjkf

Ji, Maha is a Sanskrit word. It means 'Great'.

Power in English would also mean energy, force, omnipotence. In Sanskrit, Power is referred to as 'Shakti'. 'Maha'raj Ji is the Greatest Power present on this very Earth because it is the Supreme Lord, itself.

gur parmaysar ayko jaan.

Know that the Guru and the Transcendent Lord are One.

This Great Power doesn't need to say or do anything for anyone but still does, he came into this world ten times in his physical form and now present in his shabad form, just for us. This Great Power can destory us in seconds for doing harm to his creation but still he gives us chances after chances to improve our state of being. Why? Because he loves us unconditionally. It's his nature to forgive. This Great Power is a directional map to live our lives. We should often try to follow these directions.

I hope this clears up everything... tongue.gif

Ji, Maha is a Sanskrit word. It means 'Great'.

Power in English would also mean energy, force, omnipotence. In Sanskrit, Power is referred to as 'Shakti'. 'Maha'raj Ji is the Greatest Power present on this very Earth because it is the Supreme Lord, itself.

Vahh

This is all I wanted, This is all I needed, This is all, this is all.

You have no idea of how grateful I am at this very point, at this very time, at this very hour, at this very second jee. You have cleared it all up, I can't thank you enough. thank you jee

Vaheguru Ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh jee

Guest --learner--

saa mat dayho da-i-aal parabh jit tumeh araaDhaa.

Bless me with such understanding, O Merciful Lord God, that I might remember You.

naanak mangai daan parabh rayn pag saaDhaa.

Naanak begs God for the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints.

We are so silly, we question such an enormous power in front of whom we are NOTHING. How dare we? WAKE UP! See who we are bowing down to. It is not a book, see the real Power sitting on the throne. That in itself shall motivate us. It will SHAKE up our very foundation. We'll be left in an awe that such a Powerful Entity and yet so approachable, just for our sake. His love will melt our so-called egos...

Last note, the two lines above from Gurbani are 'motivating' us to do Saadh Sangat. It's in Saadh Sangat that we will 'truly' understand, for ourselves, about how exactly this Beloved helps us, 'motivates' us.

Dhan Guru Naanak...

Thanks alot for u'r reply.

I really like it very much.The way u presented u'r answer.

Guru fateh!