Anand Karaj At 3 Pm ?

caste isnt really that much of an issue here. am sure if you attended weddings of other castes you could also nit pick and find fault. the time issue is also not significant, most weddings take place later then expected. you talk about segregation, but you yourself are segregating based upon your views. your comparing jatts and other castes, which is such a flawed argument its ridiculous . if you think that your argument takes the view point of a true sikh, you need to reconsider your stance.

posting on here is hardly going to make the world of difference, if you was so shocked why not approach someone there and then and try have an positive impact if you felt so strongly about it. if your basing all this on attending one wedding, isnt that a case of tarring everybody with the same brush.

your post and views dont reflect those of a true sikh

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Bharaat' and 'Janj' mean the same thing and are used inter-changeably. One word is not particular to any single caste or community.

Anand Karaj should ideally be done in the morning for reasons of raag. However it is superstition to be strict about timing.

I'm jatt and the news about not standing for afternoon Anand Karaj is nonsence. In Punjab the situation is the same. Often the bharaat may travel from afar and despite the best intentions for the 11am Anand Karaj, it often occurs 1-2 hrs late.

'Men only bharaats and strict segregation of sexes during the wedding' - Again, as a Jatt, go and ask the older generations - this was the norm back in their day and is therefore not exclusive to individual communities.

I'll tell you what...talk to any sikh in any area of the UK where there is a large bhatra population (Southampton, Manchester, Bristol, Cardiff, Portsmouth and Edinburgh) and you will not find one that is able to say a good word about them. Both my mother and mother in law are amritdhari and they are utterly ashamed of the bhatras as sikhs. Most of you here, have no idea what you're talking about. You don't live alongside them and you have no idea of their ways and background. In Southampton itself there, with a 50/50 split between the bhatras with their dravidian background and potohari Punjabi and the Jatts/Ramgharias/Khatris/ Kamboj etc, there is virtualy no interaction between these two groups. Bhatras are considered such outcastes no other sikh community mixes with them, because of their strange ways.

The rest of you can bury your head in the sand as much as you want. Clearly your views are not in line with 99.9% of sikhs you'll meet in real life outside of this cyber world. Outside of the cyber world I have yet to meet a non bhatra with a good word to say about the bhatras.

Firstly i must say i am absolutely disgusted to have you as a brother.

Yes i do mix within the Bhatra community - Yes i know the stereotypes set on the community. But to blacken the faces of all members of the "community"?

You my brother are a disgrace. If you had even one slightest bit of sense you would join the "community" and share your views. Im sure you are here under a secondary alias as i remember so clearly another member and his mother having these issues with Bhatre.

Open your mouth and share your issues with the community - not with a forum.

what an <banned word filter activated>, you talk rubbish. im just glad that you hold an minority view, having people such as you representing sikhs goes against the fundamental principles of sikhi itself. its as if the point of your post is to prove that your better then everyone else, thats good for you. continue with it, and tell your mum and mother in law to do the same. see where it gets you. you dont represent the views of singhs, rather you represent the views of some rss figure.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

I'll tell you what...talk to any sikh in any area of the UK where there is a large bhatra population (Southampton, Manchester, Bristol, Cardiff, Portsmouth and Edinburgh) and you will not find one that is able to say a good word about them. Both my mother and mother in law are amritdhari and they are utterly ashamed of the bhatras as sikhs. Most of you here, have no idea what you're talking about. You don't live alongside them and you have no idea of their ways and background. In Southampton itself there, with a 50/50 split between the bhatras with their dravidian background and potohari Punjabi and the Jatts/Ramgharias/Khatris/ Kamboj etc, there is virtualy no interaction between these two groups. Bhatras are considered such outcastes no other sikh community mixes with them, because of their strange ways.

The rest of you can bury your head in the sand as much as you want. Clearly your views are not in line with 99.9% of sikhs you'll meet in real life outside of this cyber world. Outside of the cyber world I have yet to meet a non bhatra with a good word to say about the bhatras.

guys no point in wasting ur time with this punk, clearly his view is not sikhi like, and hes dumb enuff to label an entire occupational background as one lolll as if there is no variation amongst ppl , you can find good and bad sikhs in everyone, go to vancouver BC and you will see balwant singh gill a "jatt" who is allowing drunk babeh in the langar hall who eat meat and all langar is served on table and chairs and how mcuh fuss this has raised in the sikh community, whether your ancestral occupational background was that of a farmer, businessman or w/e ..so now what ??this guy and his followers and other leaders like him who are also jatt are divided from the rest of the community who dont see eye to eye with them on this and the other side is also composed of jatts

its really idiotic, uneducated and narrow minded for anyone to blame a whole ``community`` , being the same..there is good in bad in every race, culture etc..

seems like you came to the wrong place cus this is SIKHsangat, not hindu sangat, if you want to play the name your caste game you can start your own hindusangat somewhere else ..

and i dont liek this whole attitude towards "jatt" ppl either, dotn label all of us as one, ppl from other castes also have their own egos and attitudes, if you are a sikh then u wudnt label anyone, a jatt, tarkhan , noone as being in those "castes" and u wudnt bad mouth someone based on that either, whether its directly or indirectly, theres no " typical mentality" for anyone, each person is diff, isnt this something we were taught in pre-school? that we are all diff ??

no point in wasting time with u, ur done on this topic as far as im concerned, you should be ashamed of urself for chickening out and not speaking up when the event was taking place, now ur too late and ur jsut showing us how much of a loser u were for not standing up for whats right, a real gursikh wud never be able to take that kind of disrespect infront of their eyes towards guru granth sahib ji, in that you showed us how much of a ``concerned soorma whose ready to take action`` u really are

pce