Unable To Follow Guru Ji's Rules....

Guest --LEARNER--

Guest --LEARNER--

I feel bad of my self.I feel i am not sikh b'coz a person is not called a sikh by just taking birth in a sikh family.Like a doctor by taking birth in a doctor family is not a doctor until he/she does a hardwork & get a degree of doctor.

I love to read gurbani.Love to be with guru ji but unable to follow that things.

Like i don't love studies but have to do.To earn the living.

I have so much less confidence that in collage i can't stand by myself to answer any question if i know.

I don't have any special quality in me that's why no one gives me a membership in a commitee of collage.

I get angry very soon.1 week b4 some peoples had rejected my request that "i want to became a anchor in the teachers day" then i just showned my angryness on them & i run from there.

what i do?

Now i get too busy that i rarely get gurbani b'coz when i read gurbani i get tensed & think that i have to study these & these,i have to do these & these.

I want someone(life partner) in my life who love me,who cares for me.But now its not the time for these things it is the time to get involved in making a carrier.

But my mind is working these side only.My mind is slow in studies.B'coz vulgur things have eaten my mind.I start chanting waheguru whenever i get that vulgur thoughts.But my thoughts stop on one thing that if i get a life partner then everything will be fine.

But i have one sibling who is elder than me & now it is the time for there marriage.Then how i stop my thoughts for some years......i am very bad.

i have to study nicely & i get tensed now a-days when i am reading gurbani.Because i think i have to study.Vaise my time get wasted.

I love to read gurbani when i am free from responsibility but responsibilities will be our whole life.Then how to manage.

My sleeping & waking time is not fixed.That's why i don't properly do morning prayer.

But in the evening by guru grace i do rehraas saheb regurally.

1-2 years b4 i use to do kirtan for 2-3 hours but now i love to do but have lots of responsibilities.

Plz tell me what i do....My mind is not balanced,i get disturb by emotions easily,i have nothing special in me then how i exceed in my life?

I am not sikh b'coz i am bad.............

I have so much less confidence that in collage i can't stand by myself to answer any question if i know.

I don't have any special quality in me that's why no one gives me a membership in a commitee of collage.

I get angry very soon.1 week b4 some peoples had rejected my request that "i want to became a anchor in the teachers day" then i just showned my angryness on them & i run from there.

what i do?

Now i get too busy that i rarely get gurbani b'coz when i read gurbani i get tensed & think that i have to study these & these,i have to do these & these.

I want someone(life partner) in my life who love me,who cares for me.But now its not the time for these things it is the time to get involved in making a carrier.

But my mind is working these side only.My mind is slow in studies.B'coz vulgur things have eaten my mind.I start chanting waheguru whenever i get that vulgur thoughts.But my thoughts stop on one thing that if i get a life partner then everything will be fine.

But i have one sibling who is elder than me & now it is the time for there marriage.Then how i stop my thoughts for some years......i am very bad.

i have to study nicely & i get tensed now a-days when i am reading gurbani.Because i think i have to study.Vaise my time get wasted.

I love to read gurbani when i am free from responsibility but responsibilities will be our whole life.Then how to manage.

My sleeping & waking time is not fixed.That's why i don't properly do morning prayer.

But in the evening by guru grace i do rehraas saheb regurally.

1-2 years b4 i use to do kirtan for 2-3 hours but now i love to do but have lots of responsibilities.

Plz tell me what i do....My mind is not balanced,i get disturb by emotions easily,i have nothing special in me then how i exceed in my life?

I am not sikh b'coz i am bad.............

You've mentioned the words 'my mind' four times. You see what's happening to you? You are letting your mind feed on your soul's spiritual energy. It is converting this energy to the lowest form of energy possible.

All the words that are bold above show a direct relation to the mind. They are all negative thoughts that you let this mind feed on.

Go to the Guru Ghar more often. Do seva. Maharaj Ji's grace knows no bounds whatsoever when he starts showering it. My Daataar Ji only knows how to give. Why wouldn't he help you? Ask him for help. Do Saadh Sangat's seva. He resides in their positive attributes. But remember Ji, that Saadh Sangat is done of the souls not bodies. So make it a rule to not look at 'faces' too much.

Dhan Guru Naanak...

Days, moments don't always stay the same. Life is full of ups and downs. Don't worry. You will be in upswing soon. Yeah, your mind does need something to hold on to. Make that learning the meaning of one or more shabads every day or listening to katha of Anand Sahib, or Sukhmani sahib or Chaupai Sahib. BTW, Chapaui Sahib bani has lot of strength in conquering the mind problems (not that I am saying other banis don't).

See it starts with saying "Hamri karo hath dai rachha", there you go, start reciting it over and over. your waheguru simran stops becuase of thoughts, but reciting Chapaui sahib won't. You have to finish it once you start it (takes only 5 mins. anyways) and then entangle your mind by telling it that you are going to recite Chaupai sahib 5,10, 15,20.....50 times in a day. Do as much as you can do. It will only help you, not hurt you at all.

In few days, you will see the difference.

resources are gurmatveechar.com, sikhee.com, sikhitothemax.com, gurbaniupdesh.com to download/read banis.

I alwasy remember this story. If you go in a dark room, you will be faced with the fear of bats, snakes, rats etc. you cann't face them all one by one, but one thing you can do is turn on the light and you will find out that there was nothing there to start with.

So turn on the light of leaning/reciting bani.

Guest --learner--

Days, moments don't always stay the same. Life is full of ups and downs. Don't worry. You will be in upswing soon. Yeah, your mind does need something to hold on to. Make that learning the meaning of one or more shabads every day or listening to katha of Anand Sahib, or Sukhmani sahib or Chaupai Sahib. BTW, Chapaui Sahib bani has lot of strength in conquering the mind problems (not that I am saying other banis don't).

See it starts with saying "Hamri karo hath dai rachha", there you go, start reciting it over and over. your waheguru simran stops becuase of thoughts, but reciting Chapaui sahib won't. You have to finish it once you start it (takes only 5 mins. anyways) and then entangle your mind by telling it that you are going to recite Chaupai sahib 5,10, 15,20.....50 times in a day. Do as much as you can do. It will only help you, not hurt you at all.

In few days, you will see the difference.

resources are gurmatveechar.com, sikhee.com, sikhitothemax.com, gurbaniupdesh.com to download/read banis.

I alwasy remember this story. If you go in a dark room, you will be faced with the fear of bats, snakes, rats etc. you cann't face them all one by one, but one thing you can do is turn on the light and you will find out that there was nothing there to start with.

So turn on the light of leaning/reciting bani.

Thanks for the resources.

Thanks all of u for giving the valuable time of u'r life..............

God bless!

You've mentioned the words 'my mind' four times. You see what's happening to you? You are letting your mind feed on your soul's spiritual energy. It is converting this energy to the lowest form of energy possible.

All the words that are bold above show a direct relation to the mind. They are all negative thoughts that you let this mind feed on.

Go to the Guru Ghar more often. Do seva. Maharaj Ji's grace knows no bounds whatsoever when he starts showering it. My Daataar Ji only knows how to give. Why wouldn't he help you? Ask him for help. Do Saadh Sangat's seva. He resides in their positive attributes. But remember Ji, that Saadh Sangat is done of the souls not bodies. So make it a rule to not look at 'faces' too much.

Dhan Guru Naanak...

Ok this may be abit of a weird question... If we're meant to give up our minds to the Guru, are we not supposed to think at all, or think about god? If we can't control our minds, how are we supposed to think about god? Or does naam jaap help us control our thoughts and to focus on the guru in a controlled way? Hope someone understands my question.

Another ques is if we suppress the normal workings of our minds like this would we be able to experience emotions like pain and suffering anyway and if not then should we be able to, or are we only put here to feel the pain and suffering of our seperation from god. Gurbani says saints are always in bliss- I just don't know if we are supposed to embrace pain and sufferring or turn it into chardi kala by doing naam jaap. If we're always in chardi kala then what lessons were we put here to learn? Bhagat ravi das ji and Guru Nanak dev ji both felt pain and seperation from god, are we supposed to feel this or keep doing naam jaap and being in chardi kala? I 'm really confused and know my questions sound reallyyy confusing but if anyone can help out it would be appreciated! :6

If we're meant to give up our minds to the Guru, are we not supposed to think at all, or think about god? If we can't control our minds, how are we supposed to think about god? Or does naam jaap help us control our thoughts and to focus on the guru in a controlled way? Hope someone understands my question.

Another ques is if we suppress the normal workings of our minds like this would we be able to experience emotions like pain and suffering anyway and if not then should we be able to, or are we only put here to feel the pain and suffering of our seperation from god. Gurbani says saints are always in bliss- I just don't know if we are supposed to embrace pain and sufferring or turn it into chardi kala by doing naam jaap. If we're always in chardi kala then what lessons were we put here to learn? Bhagat ravi das ji and Guru Nanak dev ji both felt pain and seperation from god, are we supposed to feel this or keep doing naam jaap and being in chardi kala? I 'm really confused and know my questions sound reallyyy confusing but if anyone can help out it would be appreciated!

You cannot stop thinking. It won't happen. 'Unless' you get re-connected to the Shabad---Waheguru. When you start reciting Gurbani, it plays in your head again and again. Some line keeps coming up in between thoughts, they keep you connected to the truth. This is a way for God to help you get over thoughts. Gurbani prepares you for meditation. It gives you a stronger will power. This is why the more recitation of Gurbani with an understanding which develops, the better. One thing we must understand is that we are not our minds. The mind substance is the one that makes you do all the 'regretful' things. Then there is that inner voice which says, "Be careful, this may not be good for you." Turns out this inner voice was correct afterall. This is your 'higher self' which directs you away from the mind. Try listening to it more often. It's his voice...

Pain and suffering are two different things. Pain is felt throughout our lives, when external injuries occur or when we reap the fruits for listening to our minds. The prior is inevitable but latter is avoidable. On the other hand, suffering is when we 'listen' to our minds, do these so called 'regretful' things and harm our innocent souls. Suffering is felt by the soul. Pain is felt by the body.

There are four states of being. Tamas, Rajas, Sativa, and Sehaj. Tamas is the lowest of all. These beings are purely evil types. Eat rubbish like meat and other junk which makes their minds even worse. Rajas beings are keenly active in the world. They are the ones that enjoy going to the parties and think that life is a party and, therefore, loose the game. Sativa state is the highest of the other two. This is a state when the being starts coming into senses. The being becomes more compassionate, and peaceful, compared to the other two states. It is in this state that you can even think about 'trying' to re-connect with God. Follows the fourth, and the highest state of being, this must be earned by Gurbani and Simran. It cannot happen without them. This is a state is of pure divine bliss without any interference of the mind. You become carefree. It takes practice. You will fall again and again. The thing is to get up and walk past the mistakes and make the most out of them, ie. learn the lessons.

When you start your walk towards him 'again', you will feel the pangs of separation. This is all about love. You cannot make this happen. You cannot well up love for God by your mind and thoughts.

Sohche Sohch Na Hovayee Je Sohchi Lakh Vaar

You need to recite Gurbani to have his grace. He's forever merciful, just take that step towards him. Make the effort.

If we're meant to give up our minds to the Guru, are we not supposed to think at all, or think about god? If we can't control our minds, how are we supposed to think about god? Or does naam jaap help us control our thoughts and to focus on the guru in a controlled way? Hope someone understands my question.

Another ques is if we suppress the normal workings of our minds like this would we be able to experience emotions like pain and suffering anyway and if not then should we be able to, or are we only put here to feel the pain and suffering of our seperation from god. Gurbani says saints are always in bliss- I just don't know if we are supposed to embrace pain and sufferring or turn it into chardi kala by doing naam jaap. If we're always in chardi kala then what lessons were we put here to learn? Bhagat ravi das ji and Guru Nanak dev ji both felt pain and seperation from god, are we supposed to feel this or keep doing naam jaap and being in chardi kala? I 'm really confused and know my questions sound reallyyy confusing but if anyone can help out it would be appreciated!

You cannot stop thinking. It won't happen. 'Unless' you get re-connected to the Shabad---Waheguru. When you start reciting Gurbani, it plays in your head again and again. Some line keeps coming up in between thoughts, they keep you connected to the truth. This is a way for God to help you get over thoughts. Gurbani prepares you for meditation. It gives you a stronger will power. This is why the more recitation of Gurbani with an understanding which develops, the better. One thing we must understand is that we are not our minds. The mind substance is the one that makes you do all the 'regretful' things. Then there is that inner voice which says, "Be careful, this may not be good for you." Turns out this inner voice was correct afterall. This is your 'higher self' which directs you away from the mind. Try listening to it more often. It's his voice...

Pain and suffering are two different things. Pain is felt throughout our lives, when external injuries occur or when we reap the fruits for listening to our minds. The prior is inevitable but latter is avoidable. On the other hand, suffering is when we 'listen' to our minds and do these so called 'regretful' things and harm our innocent souls. Suffering is felt by the soul. Pain is felt by the body.

There are four states of being. The Tamas, Rajas, Sativa, and Sehaj. Tamas is the lowest of all. These beings are purely evil types. Eat rubbish like meat and other junk which makes their minds even worse. Rajas people are keenly active in the world. They are the ones that enjoy going to the parties and think that life is a party and, therefore, loose the game. Sativa state is the highest of the other two. This is a state when the being starts coming into senses. The being becomes more compassionate, and peaceful compared to the other two states. It is in this state that you can even think about 'trying' to re-connect with God. Follows the fourth, and the highest state of being, this must be earned by Gurbani and Simran. It cannot happen without them. This is a state is of pure divine bliss without any interference of the mind. You become carefree. It takes practice. You will fall again and again. The thing is to get up and walk past the mistakes and make the most out of them, ie. learn the lessons.

When you start your walk towards him 'again', you will feel the pangs of separation. This is all about love. You cannot make this happen. You cannot well up love for God by your mind and thoughts.

Sohche Sohch Na Hovayee Je Sohchi Lakh Vaar

You need to recite Gurbani to have his grace. He's forever merciful, just take that step towards him. Make the effort.

Thanks alot for the help, you have helped me alot!

But can I just ask that with if I read Gurbani and do simran regularly which I have been doing (prob not enough though) and if someone slanders or attacks me as has been happening every day for the last few years, do I just ignore it, or acknowledge it and let them know how I feel, if I keep it on the inside no matter how much I do paath I can;t be at peace but if I tell them it ends up in a fight.

Also, when I'm slandered, although I know what people are saying about me isn't true and I know they're just jealous I feel like I start to become the person they're telling me I am- like if a child is constantly told they're bad when they're not and eventually starts to believe he/she's bad, I can't help it, its uncontrollable. It almost feels like im being cursed or something to become what they wish I was and when they see me weaken and become pathetic (like walking with my head down instead of up tall and devoid of my usual confidence) they get happier, walk taller and feel like theyve won.

I feel like I would be able to concentrate so much more on paath if this wasn't happening to me, my days are filled with hurt that this one very evil jealous person (I can't even be in the same room as them without feeling like running out, I feel that their presence is dark and evil, but they act like an angel to everyone else!) is making my life hell when otherwise it would be ok. I don't know if this person will ever get payed back for what they've done to me, they get praised constantly for being fake and always come out on top even though they're pure evil and have ruined my paath, sense of self, confidence and happiness!

But this is what I don't understand, I am not a showoff, everytime I feel relaxed or am not stressed out this person pounces on me and isn't satisfied unless im scared. Im not an overconfident person but when I feel happy and relaxed I do tend to wall abit straighter without realising. This person has bullied me for so long and I can't get them out of my head when sitting to do paath because they upset me so much, when I go out of my way not to provoke them, there is nothing more I can do to keep except ignore them but I find that when I do this it gets worse. I just want to be able to focus more so im going to try and do more paath, try harder and the advice ive been given!