Unable To Follow Guru Ji's Rules....

Guest --LEARNER--

But this is what I don't understand, I am not a showoff, everytime I feel relaxed or am not stressed out this person pounces on me and isn't satisfied unless im scared. Im not an overconfident person but when I feel happy and relaxed I do tend to wall abit straighter without realising. This person has bullied me for so long and I can't get them out of my head when sitting to do paath because they upset me so much, when I go out of my way not to provoke them, there is nothing more I can do to keep except ignore them but I find that when I do this it gets worse. I just want to be able to focus more so im going to try and do more paath, try harder and the advice ive been given!

mandaa kisai na aakh jhagrhaa paavnaa.

Do not speak ill of others, or get involved in arguments.

nah paa-ay jhagrhaa su-aam saytee aap aap vanjaavanaa.

Do not get into arguments with the Lord, or you shall ruin yourself.

Most of this is related to your previous lives. That person is just returning to you, what you've done to them previously. Previous karma. Let them do whatever they want. You shouldn't get involved in any sort of arguments with them. When they try to ignite arguments, start asking for help from your inside, from Akaal Purkh. He shall help you. He will help you, if you really ask for it.

However, if you choose to get involved in the argument, you will loose the Supreme's support. Since you now chose to defend yourself so he'll let you. He won't interfere then. He lets us do what we want to do. It's that simple.

And never shall you ask him to harm someone else to help you. He doesn't do that. For him everyone is equal, he loves everything unconditionally. Ask for peace for yourself and the other being. Ask for forgiveness. He likes humility.

Ji, you shouldn't tell people about your spirituality. It's not good for your soul. How much paath you do, or how much simran you do, shouldn't be 'discussed' with anyone. It is not a matter of discussion at all. You should inspire them to recite Gurbani but not by telling them about how 'much' paath you do. It will boost up your ego body, and the other being's as well. Be careful. Spirituality is a gift he gives. It's his grace. You have nothing to do with it.

As you say that when you 'discuss' about the 'amount' of paath you do, you feel restless all day. It's because you are letting your ego body take the most of you. If you hadn't said anything at all, then with whom will that person argue with? Think about it. And why should anyone try to weigh the amount of paath they do? God doesn't count the amount of love he showers on you. He just showers it unconditionally without weighing it. Why should you NOT do the same? Love him so much that you forget counts. Mool Mantra, it helps. Most times, try to stay connected to it. Maharaj Ji has given it to us for a great purpose. Do it and find out.

Guest --learner--

If we're meant to give up our minds to the Guru, are we not supposed to think at all, or think about god? If we can't control our minds, how are we supposed to think about god? Or does naam jaap help us control our thoughts and to focus on the guru in a controlled way? Hope someone understands my question.

Another ques is if we suppress the normal workings of our minds like this would we be able to experience emotions like pain and suffering anyway and if not then should we be able to, or are we only put here to feel the pain and suffering of our seperation from god. Gurbani says saints are always in bliss- I just don't know if we are supposed to embrace pain and sufferring or turn it into chardi kala by doing naam jaap. If we're always in chardi kala then what lessons were we put here to learn? Bhagat ravi das ji and Guru Nanak dev ji both felt pain and seperation from god, are we supposed to feel this or keep doing naam jaap and being in chardi kala? I 'm really confused and know my questions sound reallyyy confusing but if anyone can help out it would be appreciated!

You cannot stop thinking. It won't happen. 'Unless' you get re-connected to the Shabad---Waheguru. When you start reciting Gurbani, it plays in your head again and again. Some line keeps coming up in between thoughts, they keep you connected to the truth. This is a way for God to help you get over thoughts. Gurbani prepares you for meditation. It gives you a stronger will power. This is why the more recitation of Gurbani with an understanding which develops, the better. One thing we must understand is that we are not our minds. The mind substance is the one that makes you do all the 'regretful' things. Then there is that inner voice which says, "Be careful, this may not be good for you." Turns out this inner voice was correct afterall. This is your 'higher self' which directs you away from the mind. Try listening to it more often. It's his voice...

Pain and suffering are two different things. Pain is felt throughout our lives, when external injuries occur or when we reap the fruits for listening to our minds. The prior is inevitable but latter is avoidable. On the other hand, suffering is when we 'listen' to our minds, do these so called 'regretful' things and harm our innocent souls. Suffering is felt by the soul. Pain is felt by the body.

There are four states of being. Tamas, Rajas, Sativa, and Sehaj. Tamas is the lowest of all. These beings are purely evil types. Eat rubbish like meat and other junk which makes their minds even worse. Rajas beings are keenly active in the world. They are the ones that enjoy going to the parties and think that life is a party and, therefore, loose the game. Sativa state is the highest of the other two. This is a state when the being starts coming into senses. The being becomes more compassionate, and peaceful, compared to the other two states. It is in this state that you can even think about 'trying' to re-connect with God. Follows the fourth, and the highest state of being, this must be earned by Gurbani and Simran. It cannot happen without them. This is a state is of pure divine bliss without any interference of the mind. You become carefree. It takes practice. You will fall again and again. The thing is to get up and walk past the mistakes and make the most out of them, ie. learn the lessons.

When you start your walk towards him 'again', you will feel the pangs of separation. This is all about love. You cannot make this happen. You cannot well up love for God by your mind and thoughts.

Sohche Sohch Na Hovayee Je Sohchi Lakh Vaar

You need to recite Gurbani to have his grace. He's forever merciful, just take that step towards him. Make the effort.

Guru fateh Nehmat ji!

You have great knowledge.I liked u'r answer & learned manything from it specially the four states of being.

God bless u!

Thankyou so much for your advice it's very helpful and I intend to follow it! Sorry if I sound abit slow and this is the last ques I promise but when you said

however, if you choose to get involved in the argument, you will lose the Supreme's support.Since you now chose to defend yourself so he'll let you.
If I defend myslef does that make me involved in an argument or should I just leave it to god and not defend myself?

sorry just one more ques, you said

But this is what I don't understand, I am not a showoff, everytime I feel relaxed or am not stressed out this person pounces on me and isn't satisfied unless im scared. Im not an overconfident person but when I feel happy and relaxed I do tend to wall abit straighter without realising. This person has bullied me for so long and I can't get them out of my head when sitting to do paath because they upset me so much, when I go out of my way not to provoke them, there is nothing more I can do to keep except ignore them but I find that when I do this it gets worse. I just want to be able to focus more so im going to try and do more paath, try harder and the advice ive been given!

mandaa kisai na aakh jhagrhaa paavnaa.

Do not speak ill of others, or get involved in arguments.

nah paa-ay jhagrhaa su-aam saytee aap aap vanjaavanaa.

Do not get into arguments with the Lord, or you shall ruin yourself.

Most of this is related to your previous lives. That person is just returning to you, what you've done to them previously. Previous karma. Let them do whatever they want. You shouldn't get involved in any sort of arguments with them. When they try to ignite arguments, start asking for help from your inside, from Akaal Purkh. He shall help you. He will help you, if you really ask for it.

However, if you choose to get involved in the argument, you will loose the Supreme's support. Since you now chose to defend yourself so he'll let you. He won't interfere then. He lets us do what we want to do. It's that simple.

And never shall you ask him to harm someone else to help you. He doesn't do that. For him everyone is equal, he loves everything unconditionally. Ask for peace for yourself and the other being. Ask for forgiveness. He likes humility.

Ji, you shouldn't tell people about your spirituality. It's not good for your soul. How much paath you do, or how much simran you do, shouldn't be 'discussed' with anyone. It is not a matter of discussion at all. You should inspire them to recite Gurbani but not by telling them about how 'much' paath you do. It will boost up your ego body, and the other being's as well. Be careful. Spirituality is a gift he gives. It's his grace. You have nothing to do with it.

As you say that when you 'discuss' about the 'amount' of paath you do, you feel restless all day. It's because you are letting your ego body take the most of you. If you hadn't said anything at all, then with whom will that person argue with? Think about it. And why should anyone try to weigh the amount of paath they do? God doesn't count the amount of love he showers on you. He just showers it unconditionally without weighing it. Why should you NOT do the same? Love him so much that you forget counts. Mool Mantra, it helps. Most times, try to stay connected to it. Maharaj Ji has given it to us for a great purpose. Do it and find out.

If I defend myslef does that make me involved in an argument or should I just leave it to god and not defend myself?

If you answer back, during an argument, this means you've given in to your ego substance. It is your ego that is dealt with then. How? Well, because 'I' exist that's why all the other things exist, ie. the five evils and all. If 'I' didn't exist then how will the other things exist? Understand?

If the person is arguing with you, this is because they 'think' that 'they' exist. Nothing but God really exists. Nothing at all. If we believe the false existence of this 'I'-ness to be true then we suffer.

So if you know that you don't exist then what inside is left to be provoked? Nothing. You'll be neutral to everything be it compliments, or slander. You just won't care. This is the sehaj state; we discussed before.

God will help you by giving you 'inner peace'. Pray to God that yours and the other person's ego be diminished. This happens through Gurbani. Only Gurbani. Pray for both. Never for anyone's harm.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Thankyou so much for your replies, they make alot of sense and you've helped me alot. I'm definitley going to work on this. :)

If you answer back, during an argument, this means you've given in to your ego substance. It is your ego that is dealt with then. How? Well, because 'I' exist that's why all the other things exist, ie. the five evils and all. If 'I' didn't exist then how will the other things exist? Understand?

If the person is arguing with you, this is because they 'think' that 'they' exist. Nothing but God really exists. Nothing at all. If we believe the false existence of this 'I'-ness to be true then we suffer.

So if you know that you don't exist then what inside is left to be provoked? Nothing. You'll be neutral to everything be it compliments, or slander. You just won't care. This is the sehaj state; we discussed before.

God will help you by giving you 'inner peace'. Pray to God that yours and the other person's ego be diminished. This happens through Gurbani. Only Gurbani. Pray for both. Never for anyone's harm.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.