Dad Is Mean To My Mom

Guest dillard

Guest dillard

I am 20 years old and ever since I can remember, my dad has always been ignoring my mom. He never talks to her or tells her what is going on. If someone calls and says that they are coming over, he will hang up and said ok fine. Then, if my mom happens to leave the house, the guests say, "we told you guys that we were coming."

My mom gets embarrassed and feels bad that my dad didn't tell her that people were coming over.

Once, my aunt came from india with her family and my dad is one who did the greencard paperwork. One day, my dad showed up at home with my aunt from india and her husband and two sons - he just got them from the airport and and brought them straight to our house. He never even told us that they were coming, and then never told us that they will live with us for 5-6 months until they got here. Everyone else on my dads family knew.

My dad never tells my mom anything. IF someone invites my dad to a paath, he will go alone. Later when we run into their family in a couple of days, they ask us why we didnt come. Well - we didn't know!

My mom has nicely asked my dad to talk and she has gotten upset too.

nothing works.

he only talks to his parents and his sister.

not us kids, my mom, or my moms relatives - for no good reason. my moms side of family is religious and my dads side drinks everyday.

what am i supposed to do. why does my dad think he is too high and mighty to talk to us. people say we are such good kids. nice family.

whatever

i hate living like this.

any support will comfort me. i have been hurt.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 20 years old and ever since I can remember, my dad has always been ignoring my mom. He never talks to her or tells her what is going on. If someone calls and says that they are coming over, he will hang up and said ok fine. Then, if my mom happens to leave the house, the guests say, "we told you guys that we were coming."

My mom gets embarrassed and feels bad that my dad didn't tell her that people were coming over.

Once, my aunt came from india with her family and my dad is one who did the greencard paperwork. One day, my dad showed up at home with my aunt from india and her husband and two sons - he just got them from the airport and and brought them straight to our house. He never even told us that they were coming, and then never told us that they will live with us for 5-6 months until they got here. Everyone else on my dads family knew.

My dad never tells my mom anything. IF someone invites my dad to a paath, he will go alone. Later when we run into their family in a couple of days, they ask us why we didnt come. Well - we didn't know!

My mom has nicely asked my dad to talk and she has gotten upset too.

nothing works.

he only talks to his parents and his sister.

not us kids, my mom, or my moms relatives - for no good reason. my moms side of family is religious and my dads side drinks everyday.

what am i supposed to do. why does my dad think he is too high and mighty to talk to us. people say we are such good kids. nice family.

whatever

i hate living like this.

any support will comfort me. i have been hurt.

Beebaji, roj path karde on?? IF do, continue and also in ardas, say it everyday, that babaji let our dad be part of the family. Looks like your mom and you kids (how many, u didnt mention) are family but dad is not. He is part of the bigger branched extended family but not to his immediate family. Too bad for him. In meantime, start inviting your friends over without your dad knowing. Let him feel it little bit as well. When he asks, tell him, oh, we didnt feel it was neccessary to tell each other. He will realize what he has been doing so far.

As far as the black magic thing, first of all, I could never understand to believe it or not. the people who ask me about it, I have just one answer, no black magic works where there is vaheguru's name simran. Vaheguru is the biggest most effective black magic. So dont worry about it. Ask Babaji for protection only. Dont go out figuring out if its black magic or not. Just concentrate on Gurbani. Have Gurbani playing in your house most of the time. Do nitnem daily. You do your part, baki babaji aap sarab kla samrath hun. Tu kahe dole praNiya, tujhe rakhega sirjanhar.

People will get annoyed at me for saying this, but there is a chance that someone on your dad's side of family has done jadoo toona (black magic) on him. I don't know of a way to verify this, but this was the case for someone very close me. When they took amrit, the dad went unconscious for a while and their mom noticed that ever since then he was a much better person.

Happen to my family dad start to fight with my mom like every dad. They even got devoured .... a few months later a saint (baba ji ) retated to my family came and did ardas. Things got better from then on but not the same. I know it's hard very hard, If you try to say some your just going to get insulted and it will make things worse TAKE THAT FROM ME learn from my mistakes.

1) Don't get in between your parents

2) Don't get this out of your family - all my relatives know now and there happy about it.... Because no one in the world is happy for you.

3) Let time play it's game

If you tell some one your problems 60% don't care 40% are happy you have them

People will get annoyed at me for saying this, but there is a chance that someone on your dad's side of family has done jadoo toona (black magic) on him. I don't know of a way to verify this, but this was the case for someone very close me. When they took amrit, the dad went unconscious for a while and their mom noticed that ever since then he was a much better person.

Gurumukhooo don't give uppp (your not a papi to me)

To, topic starter.

If you even go to the gurudwara, if you have ever read out loud dhan dhan JAPJEE sahib, then go to your local guruwara and get into a feel goood mood, if you cannot get into a good mood then do this:

give all your pain to dhan dhan maharaaj jeee

give it!!!!

and believe in YOURSELF, JUST try your best to BELIEVE in yourself. don't give up, go for it!!!

In meantime, start inviting your friends over without your dad knowing. Let him feel it little bit as well. When he asks, tell him, oh, we didnt feel it was neccessary to tell each other. He will realize what he has been doing so far.

Don't do that !! Don't do that piss of your dad more then what he is ...It will right to a divorce Trust me. My mom started doing that. My dad simply said you can go live with them if you like them so mush.

Give your mum a hug and tell her that you are always there for her. That's all you can do for her.

As for you dad, you can't do anything about it. Gurbani can. But this solution you already knew about, yet you still posted a topic.

Odd that we always know the solution is Gurbani and yet we seek other so called easy answers. Sigh...sleep.gif

tayray gun bahutay mai ayk na jaani-aa mai moorakh kichh deejai.

paranvat naanak sun mayray saahibaa dubdaa pathar leejai.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Gurbani stops this so called suffering. You can only 'experience' it.

Give your mum a hug and tell her that you are always there for her. That's all you can do for her.

As for you dad, you can't do anything about it. Gurbani can. But this solution you already knew about, yet you still posted a topic.

Odd that we always know the solution is Gurbani and yet we seek other so called easy answers. Sigh...sleep.gif

tayray gun bahutay mai ayk na jaani-aa mai moorakh kichh deejai.

paranvat naanak sun mayray saahibaa dubdaa pathar leejai.

We all know the answer is... just makes people feel better. You don't need to rub it in thee face. (sigh :huh: )