Singhrow Study - Understanding Our Guru

singhrow

Singhrow Study – Understanding Our Guru

Introduction

A lot of Sikh-Punjabi youth and even me for years did not realise who and what our Guru is! Although it is a very simple concept to understand, a lot of people and parchaarics don't get this concept out to the Sangat. Only when we realise who and what our Guru is; will we take our religion serious. I am not going to write lines after lines in this study, I'm just going to make a few basic concepts clear.

What Does Guru Mean?

Gu means darkness and ru means light, in other words Guru means the teacher that can take us from a dark-dirty mind to an enlightened state of mind.

Who is the present Guru of the Sikhs?

The true Guru of the Sikhs is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, if you don't believe that; then you are not a part of the Sikh nation (simple as that).

Before Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji left for Sukhkhand he told us:

SAB SIKHAN KO HUKAM HAI GURU MANEYO GRANTH

I order every Sikh to accept Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as the eternal Guru for Sikhs.

What is our Guru?

Our Guru is God on earth, there is no difference between the (jot) light of waheguru and the Jot (light) of Sri Guru Nanak dev Ji.

ANG 1408 SGGSJ – The Embodiment of light the lord himself is called Guru Nanak.

ANG 1409 SGGSJ – There is no difference between God & the Guru. The Guru is the personification of the Lord.

ANG 308 SGGSJ – O Gursikhs, know that the Shabad of the True Guru is absolutely true. The Lord causes the Guru to Chant it.

Way of Looking at it:

God (formless Guru) = Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (Shabad Guru) = Jot in Physical Bodies of the Gurus

Vapour=Water=Ice

Shabad from Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji:

Rehani Rehai Soiee Sikh Mera, Ohu Sahib Mai Uska Chera -

A Sikh who follows the teachings' is my master and me their slave

Bina Rehat Ne Sikh Kahavai, Rehat Bina Chota Kavai-

Without the Sikh discipline don't call your self a true Sikh, with out the discipline, at the court of the lord you shall be punished.

Rehat pyari mujh ko, Sikh Pyara Nahe- The Sikh Discipline is more valuable to me that the so called Sikh who has no Rehat

Pritham Rehat Yahe Jan, Khande ki Pahul Shhekeh-

The First/supreme discipline is to drink the nectar of the double edged sword.

Way Forward

How many Amrit velas do we miss?

How much Pyaar do we show fellow Sikhs?

Do you ever Skip/miss your Nitnem?

We all know how much we need to improve our rehat, never give up, keep trying and asking Guru Ji for help. Kuljug is strong so it is a hard battle, but Gurbani is stronger therefore it can be done (if we use Gurbani as our weapon). Remember when you take Amrit you must realise; you are joining Akal Purakh Ki Fauj (it is not a joke). When you take Amrit you have enrolled into the school of Sikhi (it is just the start of the learning). When people see Amritdharis they are under the false illusion that these are perfect people, but in fact Amritdharis go through the same mind games as non- Amritdharis. Only the Amritdharis who have put in the devotion and merged back with Waheguru are free from mind games.

Singhrow Productions UK

Mission Statement: Parchaar (awareness of our roots) to Sikh-Punjabi Youth

We have produced a range of materials which have specific target audiences. All our views are backed up with Gurbani & Sikh History. We keep topics simple and straight to the point taking the angle of common sense.

We are dedicated to educating our youth about their roots in a format they will understand. A lot of youth are confused about our faith. Our organisation was set up to provide support and guidance to our youth from sevadars who have been through the pitfalls of modern society.

Knowledge of your faith is a powerful tool

Our History is a witness to this power

To view some of our talks online please visit:

www.youtube.com/singhrow

To view all projects supported by singhrow and to keep up to date with the latest singhrow gossip visit:

www.singhrowproductions.blogspot.com

To Book Singhrow productions for a workshop, Forum, Lecture, and Sikhi camp please email us on: singhrowproductions@hotmail.com

For the Singhrow Street Music Project visit:

www.sikhunit.co.uk (The Raps deal with real issues which affect our youth growing up in inner city areas of the United Kingdom)