Camps / Retreats

Akaali

PLEASE POST all the Camps/Retreats happening this year (2004) across the world, so people can refer to them, and hopefully attend some in their areas!!

Sikh Youth Camp - Summer 2004

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...&t=4466&hl=camp

Khalsa Camp (U.K. / U.S.A)

http://www.khalsacamp.com/uk/

Sikh Student Camp 2004

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...&t=4596&hl=camp

West Coast Sikh Youth Alliance

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...&t=4513&hl=camp

Tennesse Camp in U.S.

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...&t=4476&hl=camp

Toronto Sikh Youth Retreat

-Attended this camp last year, toooooo good!

http://www.torontosikhretreat.org

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh

heres one for the Uk sangat. dont miss out

http://www.boss-uk.org

Sikhi Camp 2004 ...Its back!!

11th - 16th July

Sikhi camp has been a constant source of inspiration for the Sikh youth since it started almost a decade ago. Everyone needs Sangat to boost their enthusiasm and the camp provided a great opportunity to do this by meeting young Sikhs from all over the UK and europe. Unfortunately the camp has been away for a couple of years but with Guru jis Kripa we are back and better than ever!!

What is it…it's an action packed 5 days learning about Sikhi and meeting loads of students from all over the country...

Who's it for…anyone over 16 who is interested in learning the basics about Sikhi in a friendly, chilled, non-judgemental/non-preachy environment. It doesn't matter how religious you are..it's all about how keen you are to learn! EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!

Why should I go…don't be stupid! Its only 45 quid for 5 days in gorgeous countryside with loads of fun activities and inspirational talks/discussions...You've been stressed all year with college/uni, chill out and de-stress at Sikhi camp!

Still not convinced…visit www.boss-uk.org for the photo gallery of previous camps…check out all those sunny, happy, smiling people enjoying themselves!

OK! OK! So I’m convinced!! How do I apply…wise move, visit www.boss-uk.org for an application form, but apply soon!!! The deadline for applications is 1st of JUNE..

Need more info

? contact us...

email: info@boss-uk.org

NORTH: 07973 387925

SOUTH: 07958 644655 / 07957 791675

MIDLANDS: 07956 595850

There is a Sikh Retreat going on Memorial Day Weekend in Cleveland, OH. This used to be held in Detroit, but now the venue has changed.

<> S I K H Y O U T H F E D E R A T I O N <>

10th Annual Leadership Retreat

Nishchai Kar Apni Jeet Karo: May I Persevere to Succeed!

Dear Khalsa Jio,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

The Sikh Youth Federation, USA, would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming 10th Annual Gurmat-Oriented Sikh Youth Leadership Retreat. The Retreat will take place at the Environmental Education Center from May 28-31, 2004. You are expected to arrive on Friday, May 28, 2004 between 5:00PM to 8:00PM; and depart on Monday, May 31, 2004 at 1:00 PM. The registration fee is $100.00(US) and is due by April 30, 2004.

This retreat is geared towards Sikh youth across North America who are genuinely interested in strengthening their Sikhi and increasing their knowledge. The intent is to foster a spirit of lifelong learning and a dedication to leading the Sikh Panth.

We humbly request you to join us in what promises to be an enlightening event. By participating in various interactive workshops, engaging debates, inspirational speakers, Kirtan Diwans and open discussions, we will explore several avenues of Sikhism and what the lifestyle of a Gursikh ought to be. Learning how to live in accordance with Guru Ji's teachings and providing an environment that supports the learning of Gurmat will be at

the heart of this year's experience. With your active participation we hope to achieve these goals and explore the many facets of Sikhism.

2004 will mark a number of special occasions for Sikhs – namely, the transformation of Guru Sahib from physical form to spiritual text; and the Holocausts of June and November 1984. Therefore, the theme of this year’s Retreat will be “Remember & Resilience” – a reminder of the obstacles and battles Sikhs have had to face, and how we have overcome.

Other sessions will focus on the subjects of Human Rights in Punjab, Social Activism and Sikhs in the World Wars. We will also examine the first Parkash of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. This year, we will also celebrate Sikhs in film by inviting 4 - 5 up-and-coming documentary filmmakers to share their work and experiences. As well, we will hear first-hand testimonies from witnesses and survivors from the June invasion of the sacred Harimandar Sahib and the November anti-Sikh massacres.

Directions to the campsite, necessary instructions and a description of the workshops are below. An information packet will be mailed/emailed to you upon receipt of your registration. If you will be flying, please reserve your flights to Cleveland early in order to receive the best rates, and contact me with your arrival and departure information.

We look forward to seeing you.

With best wishes for Panthic Chardi Kalaa.

In the Service of the Guru Panth,

Kuldeep Singh

For Information Contact: S. Kuldeep Singh, (419) 841-7178 6863 Cloister Rd, Toledo, OH 43617

Email: info@sikhyouthfederation.org

Look for updates at: http://www.sikhyouthfederation.org/

Sessions:

Dear Khalsa Ji,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

The Sikh Youth Federation’s annual Gurmat leadership retreat is fast approaching and space is quickly running out for this Memorial Day weekend. This year’s

venue has changed from Detroit to Cleveland’s Environmental Centre. This is to remind you that you need to get registered by mailing in your form by May 18, 2004. Admission to the retreat will not be possible if the form is not received by this date. If you have already registered then this year’s retreat will feature the following workshops and sessions:

--Sikhs in World Wars I & II

It is a well-known fact that Sikhs participated in World War I and II and we will have an opportunity to see a rare collection of materials demonstrating their feats and sacrifices. Archive materials will include photographs and a multimedia presentation. Presenter: Sandeep Singh

--Sikhs in Film

Bollywood has been the mouthpiece for Sikhs, thereby presenting a false image to the world. However, Sikhs are finally starting to tell their own stories by developing their own films. Watch the world premier of Harpreet Singh and Sarabjot Kaur’s short visual montage on June 1984; and Michael Singh, director of “Riding the Tiger”, a film documenting his personal reflections from November 1984.

Moderator: Harmanpreet Singh

--Guest Speakers: Personal Testimonies from Survivors of 1984

We have the honour and privilege to hear the personal accounts of two survivors from 1984. Baba Muktyar Singh was in Harimandar Sahib during the Indian Army’s invasion and occupation during June; and Sardar Satpal Singh lived and witnessed the horrors in Delhi during the anti-Sikh massacres in November.

Facilitator: Gunisha Kaur

The retreat will take place from Friday, May 28-31 and we encourage you to book your flights today. Please visit our website at www.sikhyouthfederation.org for more information. We look forward to hear from you soon. Thank You.

In the service of Guru Panth

Kuldeep Singh

IF YOU NEED FORMS, PLEASE EMAIL ME: GBEDI@ADELPHIA.NET

Are there any more camps going on? How about the ones in California? Don't see them posted here. Please do post the details of these camps or websites that I can refer to. I'm looking for a camp in the U.S. The ones that I know about:

Tuscarora

Lohgarh

Tennessee

New Mexico

"Bhagat90" ji, can you send me more information on the TN camp? Thank you.

What about them Cali camps??

There are no california camps happening around :wub: California singhs/kaurs are the laziest sangat u will ever find in whole wide world.. :):)

Oh wait there is one camp in Yuba City.. But it's mostly for the kids i believe.. It's happening 2nd weekend of june frid, sat & Sun