Sikhs Getting Bullied

Khalasthan86

Im going on abit now but IM SICK N TIED OF SO CALLED SIKHS SAYING THEY GETTING BULLIED BY MUSLIMS N HINDUS, i can understand beef with muslims but cant understand beef with hindus ive NEVER EVER EVER HAD A HINDU SAY NYTHING BAD TO ME BOUT SIKHI

I agree. In case you were referring to my post let me clarify that I meant to ask which is the favourite target of Muslims, the Hindus or the Sikhs?

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

Me thinks they dnt really care but they know the upheavel they got from Sikhs bak in Guru Jees Days so they hate on Sikhs but they feed on the defenceless ever seen a bully take on two or three people Never he will pry on the weak simple if u getting bullied get to the gym if u was bullied when u was younger when ur kids turns 5 get him into martial arts self defence weapons trainning OR HE/SHE WILL HAVE the same up problams u had(if u got bullied)

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Firstly, if anyone is getting bullied they need to talk to someone about it. I dont think that violence is the correct way to resolve the matter of bullying because in some cases it can make the situation worse. If amridhari sikhs are being bullied, surely such minor things shouldnt matter to them, just jap naam. But some people do find it hard to deal with such situations because they may feel isolated. If this is the case the best thing to do is get a family member involved and try and resolve the matter. If that doesnt work, the police should be informed; because no-one should silently suffer for others wrong doings. We have rights.

If non amridhari sikhs are being bullied the same applies. The question that needs to be asked is why are sikhs being bullied? Is it due to their appearance? Or lack of knowledge of their religion? To emphasise on this point a lot of the younger generation think the best way to deal with muslims bullying sikhs is using violence. Violence is not the answer to anything. If a sikh is strong in their sikhi they can face anything.

The best thing to do is paath and simran.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna

Firstly, if anyone is getting bullied they need to talk to someone about it. I dont think that violence is the correct way to resolve the matter of bullying because in some cases it can make the situation worse. If amridhari sikhs are being bullied, surely such minor things shouldnt matter to them, just jap naam. But some people do find it hard to deal with such situations because they may feel isolated. If this is the case the best thing to do is get a family member involved and try and resolve the matter. If that doesnt work, the police should be informed; because no-one should silently suffer for others wrong doings. We have rights.

If non amridhari sikhs are being bullied the same applies. The question that needs to be asked is why are sikhs being bullied? Is it due to their appearance? Or lack of knowledge of their religion? To emphasise on this point a lot of the younger generation think the best way to deal with muslims bullying sikhs is using violence. Violence is not the answer to anything. If a sikh is strong in their sikhi they can face anything.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna

Doing kamaayie is a must but at the same time Sikhs are not pacifists. 'aapan huthi aapna aape hi kaaj svaariyeh'

The problem is that most of our community don't follow Sikhi, so there is nothing to unite them. In fact you will get more kids attending sessions and daytimer gigs than a youth programme at the gurdwara. So punjabi kids at schools and colleges are easy targets. The solution is for the youth there to join the many local martial arts groups,start getting into the right sangat and learning about Sikhi.

"Until we are united, until we stand under the saffron Nishaan Sahib (Sikh religious flag), until we have unflinching faith in Siri Guru Granth Sahib, Khalsa Ji, we shall certainly get beatings."

Sant Giani Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna

This is what is wrong with sikhs nowadays. The older generation are saying dont fight back, just do simran. But just with simran you wont stop the bullying. Naam Japping is essential in our daily routine, BUT we have to fend for our selves. If we don't who will?

If a muslim smacks you on the face what are you going to do? play the tabla? do some kirtan? sit there like a Budda and wont fight back?

NO, what did Guru Gobind Singh Ji tell us? stand up for your selves!

The key thing to bring the panth back up to strength is, all sikh friends gather up, go to gym and TRAIN hard in Weights and Martial Arts.

If a muslim hits you dont just stand there like a clown, fight back! Dont be affraid to use anything you got on you! what else are Kakkars for?

If we look at muslims, they send their kids to gym and martial arts classes from young ages! If one muslim gets battered, they all come back in strength in hundreds and demolish sikhs!

What do sikhs do? we get scared and run away and play the tabla. Voilence is not the answer, but if someone smacks you what are you going to do? FIGHTTTT FIGHT FIGHT BACK!

J_kaur we arnt getting bullied because of lack of knowledge, we are getting bullied because we dont train.

listen to that track by crative boy....we need to train! That track is our answer to our problems!

In 1984 when Akal takht got attacked did sings jsut sit there doing kirtan? No Sant Bhindranwale and singhs got up and faught back liek lions!

Wasnt The shaheeds of 1984 from the same parents of ours, we are from guru gobind singh ji, we have to the same blood. have we lost so much respect for ourselves? Learn and get up!

Fateh!

Those of you recommending just more paat, meditation or simran to those facing initimidation, harrassment or physical violence may as just become Hindus again or Buddhists. Sikhs are not pacifists who sit on their hands whe they are being attacked.

I suggest those of you facing such problems do as the previous poster has suggested and start hard physical training and martial arts. In addition, read more Dasam Bani, especially Chandi di // with your morning nitnem, to help you develop courage.

If you meet violence head on and you have no fear of death or what comes after, your problems will vanish; if you meekly take the slaps that are doled out to you by scum, you will end up slaves. A Christian may tur his other cheek when he is slapped, but a Singh should chatka the fool who dares to lay hands on him (or at the very least beat him so badly that he will never look you in the eyes ever again).

K.

West Midlands is an excellent place for learning various yudh kalaan. People should join classes of whatever is closest to them i.e. Shastar Vidya in Wolves, Brum and Leicester, Master Hari Singh - Brum, there is a JKD Sifu Sardaar in Brum (forget his name now)... thre is Shinkin in Wolves etc...

All of thethese will help you develop confidence, courage, awareness, give you some idea of real combat through sparring, give you yudh vidyala sangat, teach you about conditioning/training for strentgh/flexibility and speed, teach you how to use weapons etc etc.

In particular one needs to learn how to do Dhummala/Dara raksha and use their kara in combat - this is taught by Nidar Singh Nihang.

As Kalyug says, familiarity with Dasam Bani and incorporating puratan NITNEM elements in to your NITNEM i.e. Chandi ki Vaar, will help you no end.

There is no excuses, those who carry a kirpan or aspire to - need to understand its meaning and use - IT IS NOT A SYMBOL AS MANY MIDDLE CLASS SELF APPOINTED SCHOLARS tell you, I have seen people on the Sikh channel say this. Same goes for the kara. Yo don't need to use kirpan, what I would recommend to every Gursikh is to always keep a short stick (around 6 inches long) you can get these from martial arts shops for a couple of pounds, these are nornally used by Filipino martial arts to practie knife techniques safely. This is an extremely and effective weapon, which won't kill (if used correctly) BUT CAN CAUSE SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE. Its use should be learnt for self defence - a little different from knife fighting, where as in knife fightnig one learns to slash specific points (or stab) using the stick is more akin to striking - i.e. if someone punches you, you side step and stirke the but of the stick on their hand/wrist - which will more likely than not, break some fingers or even the wrist. Simple. Other targets are under teh armpit, under the chin, under the nose, eyes, temple, groin shins, knees, elbow etc.

Its best to be taught, but at the very least, use some resources and learn some basics, always be armed, even with this little stick - it also gives one confidence.

An old Nordic saying goes....

"A knifeless man, is a lifeless man......."

Be Tyaar Bar Tyaar, physically.

Lastly, forget politics etc, when one wants to learn to fight, remember that is what you are learning - doesn't matter about the beliefs of your teacher, learn the fightting vidya from them.

Dasam Patshah Palaa karai a te Bahaduri devai.

Same goes for the kara. Yo don't need to use kirpan, what I would recommend to every Gursikh is to always keep a short stick (around 6 inches long) you can get these from martial arts shops for a couple of pounds, these are nornally used by Filipino martial arts to practie knife techniques safely. This is an extremely and effective weapon, which won't kill (if used correctly) BUT CAN CAUSE SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE. Its use should be learnt for self defence - a little different from knife fighting, where as in knife fightnig one learns to slash specific points (or stab) using the stick is more akin to striking - i.e. if someone punches you, you side step and stirke the but of the stick on their hand/wrist - which will more likely than not, break some fingers or even the wrist. Simple. Other targets are under teh armpit, under the chin, under the nose, eyes, temple, groin shins, knees, elbow etc.

Fateh!

I would recommend one of these sharpies instead of a stick:

http://www.coldsteel-uk.com/store/Sharkie.html

If you are stopped by the police, they can hardly take a pen off of you, but they may confiscate a stick they believe may be used as a weapon.

K.