Check This Nonsense Out :(

KEERPA

Opinion:

What it seems the site does is, Do an Ardas and then send them a Hukamnama in Gurmukhi and english. Isn't that better than what they do in some Gurdwaras? Just thinking, at least here they get a Hukamnama and english veechar to perhaps understand what is being said. (Hopefully it is only through email, so No Beadbi occurs). Perhaps then they can then understand the message if they take the time and refect on the Gurus' message. But at Gurdwaras, its Ardas-Hukamnama Read-Pay, or sometimes pay first, I don't know. But Do they understand what the Hukamnama said? Have they been given a reflection of what is being said of the Hukamnama? That would be a good reform, if the Gyanees after reciting the Hukamnama sat down with the individuals and tried to explain to them the meaning of the Hukamnama and how one can bring that message into Practical Life. That would be the Spirit of Khalsa Parchar.

I think the key is, everyone as individuals has to reflect on what the Gurus' message is. We have been blessed with such treasures. We should take this opportunity and reflect on the Scriptures in the Gurus' Home.

We definately need to do something to inspire the masses to take the initiative to attempt in understanding and applying the message of our Guru in Real Life.

I hope some Good Parchaar from Gursikhs who actually want to Promote Khalsa Jeevan become Great Parcharaks, and the masses are inspired to take the initiative to Become Real Gursikh Khalsa. Importantly, the masses also Take the Initiative Themselves to become Khalsa.

Can sites like this, perhaps connect people to the message of the Guru? Because they actually get the Shabad in Gurmukhi with english reflections? Hopefully the english reflections are accurate.

Got me thinking. The Money part I don't Like though. But I'm not going to judge their intentions at this moment. There is definately room for corruption, because we do not know what is happening on the other side. Perhaps they keep proper Maryada? I don't know. Hopefully Though.

Nishkhaam is definately the ideal way to go. But, I shouldnt judge. I dont want to slander individuals, but want to correct concepts. There is definately need for reform. The status quo for the Sale of Gurbani, etc. is not right.

Just need to try my best as an individual, and perhaps, the intentions of the site are good?

Gurdwaras for sure need reform. Even till date Women cannot do Keertan at Harmandir Sahib! What a World! Bibi Nanaki is not allowed to do Keertan at Harmandir Sahib. Sad.

somebody should do a ardas for the person that created the blog.

LOL. This is the funniest post on this thread.

Is there a charge?

As our staff has to be tasked to recite your particular prayer, it is necessary to charge a fee to cover their time.

Check this out as a rationale for charging money: "Also, we believe that there must always be an exchange of energy to keep the Universe in Balance. Thus the small amount charged helps to achieve and maintain this Karmic Balance." LOL!

And: "Your prayer is recited without judgment or prejudice." Translation: this is a business, and we'll pray for you to get whatever you want, regardless of whether it's totally anti-Gurmat.

O Lord, please grant me a boon of a full container load of booze

And a bevy of pretty girls

And grant thy humble servant a few hundred mg of cocaine

And mayest a dog maul my neighbor, who snores too loudly

Thanking you in advance, O Lord

I think the point of "Your prayer is recited without judgment or prejudice." is you can't find anyone (friend, relative, whoever) who thinks enough of your desire/goal to pray for you for free, so you have to bribe someone to do so.

By the way, when gianis do the (joint) morning and evening prayer, they don't pray that God fulfill all the congregation's desires ("manokamnavan"), rather, they pray that God fulfill their correct/proper/good desires ("shub manokamnavan").

To offer to pray for someone regardless of the subject matter is, sorry to say, the worst kind of prostitution of your conscience. It's a vice (greed) dressed up as a virtue (the modern so-called virtue of non-judgement). Unbelievable!

What it seems the site does is, Do an Ardas and then send them a Hukamnama in Gurmukhi and english. Isn't that better than what they do in some Gurdwaras? Just thinking, at least here they get a Hukamnama and english veechar to perhaps understand what is being said. (Hopefully it is only through email, so No Beadbi occurs). Perhaps then they can then understand the message if they take the time and refect on the Gurus' message. But at Gurdwaras, its Ardas-Hukamnama Read-Pay, or sometimes pay first, I don't know. But Do they understand what the Hukamnama said? Have they been given a reflection of what is being said of the Hukamnama? That would be a good reform, if the Gyanees after reciting the Hukamnama sat down with the individuals and tried to explain to them the meaning of the Hukamnama and how one can bring that message into Practical Life. That would be the Spirit of Khalsa Parchar.

There is two ways around this, 1) be the volunteer to bring your laptop and post on the projector the hukamnama on STTM or a similar program and do the seva so others can read the interpritation of the Shabad 2) Do what I do when someone isnt there to do the projector Seva and either ask for the Granthi to tell you the Ang number(Or I stand up and look so I can go home a read from my pothis with english that Ang 702 stating at the memory of the Shabad etc)

ONe step a Sikh takes is the steps towards understanding, some Granthis are lazy but then how much lazier is the Sangat????? Go out of your way and eventually the love for the Shabad will get you what you need. Why cant you make the effort if you are deprived of the interpritation in english?????? The seeker of knowlege will climb a cliff just to glance at the truth, even if you only saw it for two seconds it was still worth the climb.

Remember that you are the one that should start to do things, dont rely on others or they might fail you. If you do it then only you can fail others if you dont. Easy to blame others, hard to take the initiative. Move yourself in forward motion and then Sangat will slowly but surely get out of reverse or nuetral. Others are just waiting and begging for someone to inspire them to climb that steep mountain. Stand up all eyes will be on you.