My Brother Cut His Hair

Guest Jagjeet

First and foremost, we must all learn to except guru sahibs bhana.

If your brother chose to take this step, this is his life. We can only do as much to give him reason to except sikhi principles.

The truth is he is not only your brother, he is OUR brother, you have TONS of other brothers that have left their sikhi saroop and are far away from sikhi. We can not do anything but guide them and give them LOVE.

Keep giving them a hand, the love the insight into sikhi and through the power of ardas you never know one day he will believe HIMSELF (not because he has to out of GUILT from family), but he believes HIMSELF that he is lacking something.

Vaheguruu!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the opinion, however there is a problem. There used to be 2 people at his university who had a dastar/beard... they were both my brothers. Now there is only one man (my other brother) in the entire university who is a keshdhari sikh. There are no people even within 5 years of his age that are keshdhari. All we have ever had is our family.. we don't live in a very populated area

Veerji, Sangat doesn't come only in the form of being close to someone physically. Sangat comes in all kinds of ways. few ideas. friends who can keep in touch with him over the phone, through e-mails, reading literature (which u cann't force on someone), sharing CD's MP3 downloads, etc etc with him. Suggesting to start one Sehaj path which whole family does together and you assign few "ang" to him daily or weekly. Fix a date to have a Smapti by some of his important occasion e.g. his birthday or his graduation day or may be anniversary of your parents wedding. So somehow trying to get him in loop and making him feel you are doing it for him, so that he feels part of it and wants to contribute as well. Doing Sehaj Path, has lot of power done from heart. I really believe in it. only within the family. Try it. And before you tell me you are at home and he is at university,Sehaj Path can be done from anywhere from the computer. So no limitations like that. Just have to co-ordinate with each other. The purpose is to recite Gurbani. Some people may not agree with me, but I think its better than not reciting at all. And it gives the opportunity to read meaning line by line as well. Yes, on Smapti time, whole family should sit together and do proper smapti according to maryada.

Just some ideas, my brain has limited capibilites, so only came up with these suggestions, I am sure, other people can suggest some other ideas to keep him close to his Gursikh family.

yes, don't forget to beg from babaji in ardas everyday that babaji please bring our brother/son back to sikhi saroop.

And as you already know,faith, very strong word and feeling. Faith can achieve so much that mere hard work cann't.

babaji bhali karnge.

Yup yup very true .... Here at the Toronto medical school Sikhs come in with a pagh and every thing, walk out with nothing.... Just shows they had a turban because there parents forced them to and that is very true for about 90% Sikhs in the western world.

I see...

Just be careful. He gives, he takes. Give wise suggestions to his children.

Hukame Andar Sabh Ko

God's will for us is to recite Gurbani, do Simran.

Bahar Hukam Na Koe

There is no other Hukam outside.

There is no hukam outside of Gods command etc.

If he cut his hair to fit in then its going to be difficult to have him care about that of which he will do only to not get nagged at by his family(Sikhi) Some people care about what everyone says. Society will try to buy you and chop you up and make a stew out of you and eventually give your chopped up pieces away for free, and what are you left with?(nothing)

Some people cut their hair for friends but it doesnt mean they will get good friends. I used to have lots of friends and now I look back they always were trying to figure a way to get over on me, they cheated/lied etc so trying hard to have friends is a weak way of morphing into the foolish society. They all whine about the next thing they want and ever change according to what everyone else wants/likes.

ਜਉ ਤਉ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਖੇਲਣ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ ॥

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

ਸਿਰੁ ਧਰਿ ਤਲੀ ਗਲੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਆਉ ॥

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

ਇਤੁ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪੈਰੁ ਧਰੀਜੈ ॥

When you place your feet on this Path,

ਸਿਰੁ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਾਣਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion.

ਨਾਲਿ ਕਿਰਾੜਾ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਕੂੜੈ ਕੂੜੀ ਪਾਇ ॥

False is friendship with the false and greedy. False is its foundation.

very true keerpa .....

Sometimes you try really hard and ignore every one. You let all the comments and talking behind you back go right through. It strikes you like a bullet when it's your own people :o About 90% Punjabi women my ages won't talk to me just because I have a pagh, even if I start talking to them first they just don't respond( the good looking ones). That's the time you feel stupid and ask your self whats the point.

Waheguru

I know how you feel my younger brother cut his hair 2 years ago then my other younger a week later cut his hair aswell, sad time in our family for me. I hated brothers for what they did, I felt alone before, now I feel even more alone now. I was really attached to my family as we were really going through a rough time, I'm not attacheded to my family anymore I still care for them though. Just remember Waheguru and try forget about him. Just remember were your brothers aswell :)

Look on the brightside you'll come out this stronger then before :)

About 90% Punjabi women my ages won't talk to me just because I have a pagh, even if I start talking to them first they just don't respond( the good looking ones). That's the time you feel stupid and ask your self whats the point.
The point is, you seem to be highly insecure about yourself. I don't mean that as an insult, but an observation. Set your priorities straight, don't stress over girls, it's not worth it.

About 90% Punjabi women my ages won't talk to me just because I have a pagh, even if I start talking to them first they just don't respond( the good looking ones). That's the time you feel stupid and ask your self whats the point.
The point is, you seem to be highly insecure about yourself. I don't mean that as an insult, but an observation. Set your priorities straight, don't stress over girls, it's not worth it.

lol true true....but what better thing do I have after class then mass around with women .....

Don't say patah (prayer) That will never happen with my other room partners, <banned word filter activated> off and drinking beer in the same room as me!

lol true true....but what better thing do I have after class then mass around with women .....
Uhh there's lots you could do, get some exercise, go for a run, join a gym and lift weights, join a martial arts club (Muy Thai recommended). Not only will you feel better, you will also look better ;) and hopefully that will give you a much needed confidence boost.