Was Maharaja Ranjit Singh Kartar Singh Udham Sikh Sikhs

jgill

no insults

no nothing

I ask these questions cause many will say, if your not a gursikh you cannot be a sikh, if you don't follow sikhi has hard as you can, you cannot be sikh yet they'll say these men were, which to me sounds hypocritical, cause ppl who say you need to be gursikh or follow sikhi hard as you can to be sikh, say its cause gurbani says you have to follow sikhi hard as you can or be gursikh to be sikh, i just want to know how ppl can say these guys our sikhs and others arn't who cut their hair or drink, but if you don't believe these men were sikhs thats alright cause itleast your not being hypocrites and arn't judging others but truly believe this is what you have to do to be a good sikh

just answer the question, were maharaja ranjit singh a sikh, even though he drank ate meat and had many wives and mistresses

was he a sikh YES or NO and why

were ment like kartar singh and udham singh sikhs who cut their hair

YES or NO and why

For ppl who say these men were not sikhs, then you can't say sikhs ever had an empire that the empire was a punjabi empire under ranjit singh

and ONLY FIVE, i would love to get you to answer some questions on this topic

cause you believe that these three were sikhs

yet you judge others who cut their hair or drink and say they cannot be sikhs, and you say this cause you say gurbani says these ppl can't be sikhs cause of these actions, so if gurbani says this then why would you say ranjit singh udham singh kartar singh are sikhs???

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear JGILL,

I was a guy who had his hair cut before and some so called sikhs would not speak to me, to me those guys were not Sikhs neither nor was i..............But i used to think of excuses and look at negatives instead of looking at myself, just as you are doing.

It was so easy to look at other "moonas" and feel better about being a moona too. Its about accepting who you are and being content with it, either moona or Kesdhari. I get a feeling that you are angry and deeply disappointed, please remember there are many like you out there.

Feel free to be angry with sad judgemental individuals but make peace with your spiritual side through Simran and Sewa.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

it is not in our power nor are any of us in the place to say who is a sikh and who isnt, those who think they can tell someone else who they are are lost themselves..

the real question shud be changed to this: am i a sikh to the guru?

who can answer that question? not us, only the guru or those mahapursh who have reached the guru.

it donest matter if u are a sikh to men ( or women), these humans arent the ones who will liberate u in the end and possess no such

insight to tell u despite what some of them may think

pce

no insults

no nothing

I ask these questions cause many will say, if your not a gursikh you cannot be a sikh, if you don't follow sikhi has hard as you can, you cannot be sikh yet they'll say these men were, which to me sounds hypocritical, cause ppl who say you need to be gursikh or follow sikhi hard as you can to be sikh, say its cause gurbani says you have to follow sikhi hard as you can or be gursikh to be sikh, i just want to know how ppl can say these guys our sikhs and others arn't who cut their hair or drink, but if you don't believe these men were sikhs thats alright cause itleast your not being hypocrites and arn't judging others but truly believe this is what you have to do to be a good sikh

just answer the question, were maharaja ranjit singh a sikh, even though he drank ate meat and had many wives and mistresses

was he a sikh YES or NO and why

were ment like kartar singh and udham singh sikhs who cut their hair

YES or NO and why

For ppl who say these men were not sikhs, then you can't say sikhs ever had an empire that the empire was a punjabi empire under ranjit singh

and ONLY FIVE, i would love to get you to answer some questions on this topic

cause you believe that these three were sikhs

yet you judge others who cut their hair or drink and say they cannot be sikhs, and you say this cause you say gurbani says these ppl can't be sikhs cause of these actions, so if gurbani says this then why would you say ranjit singh udham singh kartar singh are sikhs???

Truly sad that you have to lie man. Tell me where I said any of these guys are Sikh or not.?

Gurbani tells us about how to be a Sikh. In your situation you are looking for an easy escape and thinking by calling yourself a Sikh you can be released from life and death.

Ranjit Singh Udham Singh Kartar Singh, whether Sikh or not is irrevelant.

If you want to know how to become a SIkh then start reading Sri Guru Granth Sahib and it would come clear what a Sikh is and there is no difference between Sikh and Gursikh- they mean the samething.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

i think the udnerlying factor here is GUILT

how can i not practice sikhi yet be liberated after death, how can i rationalize what i do even tho its against sikhi, how can i feel good about what i do.. its guilty feelings that are coming out and though we are not to say who is sikh and who isnt ( only five im not sying u do i havent read any of ur posts on these topics before actually) but we DO KNOW what our responsibility as sikhs is.. we cannot justiyf the wrong things we do, we will HAVE TO PAY for them one day, there is no escape from that fact..

so whether someone else is a sikh isnt the real issue here, the issue here is " i live my life diff from what ppl say a sikh shud be, but why cant i be saved, why cant i be liberated, why will i have to die at the hands of jamdoots" thats like saying, i never tried hard in school, i never attempted post secondary, but why cant i be a doctor if so and so can..

like someone else sed in this thread ( forgot who) the underlying reason is uncertainty and i know i sed this before but it is GUILT and regret that is really eating at you, nothing else

one word: insecurity ( about the decisions, ways etc that u/i have made in life)

why o u need to know if someone can do bad things and be called a sikh? is it cus u do thoe thigns or thngs that re also considered bad and what some kind of reassurance that u will be accepted at gods door? is that wat u want to hear? reality is reality, we are all paapis the diff between a sih and a non sikh is that a sikh tries not to commit these paaps, unless they uknowingly commit one then they learn from it, whereas as a person with manmat commits pap KNOWING it is a paap THATS THE DIFFERENCE

a gursikh is someone like baba deep singh ji who goes above and beyond what teh guru requires of him and doesnt have ego enuff to show it off to the world, the true gursikhs are those who keep their avasthas hidden

ps sorry for spelling mistakes, i post in a rush

i think the udnerlying factor here is GUILT

how can i not practice sikhi yet be liberated after death, how can i rationalize what i do even tho its against sikhi, how can i feel good about what i do.. its guilty feelings that are coming out and though we are not to say who is sikh and who isnt ( only five im not sying u do i havent read any of ur posts on these topics before actually) but we DO KNOW what our responsibility as sikhs is.. we cannot justiyf the wrong things we do, we will HAVE TO PAY for them one day, there is no escape from that fact..

so whether someone else is a sikh isnt the real issue here, the issue here is " i live my life diff from what ppl say a sikh shud be, but why cant i be saved, why cant i be liberated, why will i have to die at the hands of jamdoots" thats like saying, i never tried hard in school, i never attempted post secondary, but why cant i be a doctor if so and so can..

like someone else sed in this thread ( forgot who) the underlying reason is uncertainty and i know i sed this before but it is GUILT and regret that is really eating at you, nothing else

one word: insecurity ( about the decisions, ways etc that u/i have made in life)

why o u need to know if someone can do bad things and be called a sikh? is it cus u do thoe thigns or thngs that re also considered bad and what some kind of reassurance that u will be accepted at gods door? is that wat u want to hear? reality is reality, we are all paapis the diff between a sih and a non sikh is that a sikh tries not to commit these paaps, unless they uknowingly commit one then they learn from it, whereas as a person with manmat commits pap KNOWING it is a paap THATS THE DIFFERENCE

a gursikh is someone like baba deep singh ji who goes above and beyond what teh guru requires of him and doesnt have ego enuff to show it off to the world, the true gursikhs are those who keep their avasthas hidden

ps sorry for spelling mistakes, i post in a rush

Great post Bhenji

THat's what I have been trying to explain to jgill. I know I am paapi and what I do wrong will not be jusfied by using SIkhi. Because it is wrong no matter wha,t and what I do will be judged hear after, but if i know I am doing wrong then it's better to find out now so we can correct ourselves and move forward in SIkhi. That's what we have to get away from; our vices. IN every breath we have to work toward being a better Sikh, not look at someone else's downfalls and say I don't do that so I'm a SIkh.

Bhenji i was trying to get jgill to look at how Guru Shaib defines a Sikh and then follow that instead justfy his wrong doings by others and then call himself a Sikh.

Sorry you had to get into this whole mess. I know you probably had better thing to do. Your input was much appreciated and if us moorakhs still want to argue about this just let us till one of us gives up and slanders the other. It's a heated arguement that is already over, but just let it keep going.

:wacko: If that guy is a "sikh" and drinks alcohol and cuts his hair, then I am too :rolleyes:

Ridiculous claims of what a Sikh is from the foolish monaey.

ਓਹ ਆਲੁ ਪਤਾਲੁ ਮੁਹਹੁ ਬੋਲਦੇ ਜਿਉ ਪੀਤੈ ਮਦਿ ਮਤਵਾਲੇ ॥

With their mouths, they babble on about this and that, like the drunkard who has drunk his wine.

Go get drunk and wonder why you are lost and have no faith to follow Guru Sahib. As a GurSikh you are supposed be an exact replica of Guru Sahib which brings two questions: WOuld Guru Sahib drink Alcohol???? (NO) WOuld Guru Sahib cut his hair???(NO) A GuruSikh tries their hardest to do exactly what Guru Sahib would do and monaey do what Guru Sahib would never do.

Maharaja Ramjit wasnt a Sikh after his first sharaab he was just a king of the Sikhs but wasnt a Sikh king. Nihangs dispised him for being a fool and being the "king' of what he didnt do himself.

Can a documented sex offender be a "babySitter"????????????????? They cant even live close to a school. Fools should have this same rule that until they stop the foolishness should admit they are foolish and only come to the Gurdwara so they can stop their foolishness not come to continue their foolishness.

Why need a background check for work cause other people go to prison why check if I did too???? :rolleyes:

Insecurity is the main issue here, a fool wants to call himself a Sikh because a huge group of fools also call themselves Sikhs.

PapiJi they sell mirrors at walmart and that is the Sikh meter you are asking about, the rest is an Antarjami factor which has to be turned on to maintain the inside values as a Sikh. :D

A Sikh is defined as any person male or female who faithfully:

• i. believes in the existence of One eternal God
  • ii. Accepts as their only Spiritual guide the Guru Granth Sahib and the ten human Gurus and follows their teachings.
  • iii. Is preparing to take the baptism Amrit Sanchar as promoted by the tenth Guru, and
  • iv. does not owe allegiance to any other religion.

Are you preparing to become an Amritdhari or preparing/continuing to be a monaey-no-dhari????????

. Naam Japna - Meditation on God's Name and the recital of the holy scriptures:
  • a. To arise in the early hours and recite Gurbani in the morning (Five Banis), evening (Rehras) and night (Kirtan Sohila) followed each time with the Ardas prayer. To remember God at all times and to recite his name whenever possible. (Naam Simran)

• b. Seek the support of only the Almighty Lord before beginning any new task or venture. (Ardas)

• ii. Kirat Karni - Leading ones life in accordance with the Guru's teachings:

• a. Ones profession, work or course of study must be honest work done with honesty and integrity.

• b. Promote the family way of life giving time to ones children in an active way so as to ensure their proper awareness of the Sikh way of life.

• c. To live humbly and with love in an extended family group encouraging Gurmat principles and offering moral support within this extended structure.

• iii. Sewa – Undertake free voluntary service within the community at Gurdwaras, community projects, hospitals, old peoples homes, nurseries, etc.

• a. Take every opportunity to devote ones free time working in ones community without thought of recompence and to devote at least 10% of ones wealth in money (or in ones time) to support community projects.

The Sikh is commanded by the Gurus to lead a disciplined life and not to blindly follow rituals and superstitions which bring no spiritual or material benefit to the person or community.

• b. Eat simple food in moderation and refrain from any food or drink that causes determent to the body or mind like alcohol, drugs, tobacco, etc.

• c. Refrain from rituals, superstitions and other anti-Sikh behaviour (such as gambling, smoking or the use of alchoholic drink or illegal drugs).

• d. To treat all those of the opposite sex, apart from ones marriage partner (wife or husband) as one would her/his own daughter or son, sister or brother, mother or father - depending on their age.

• e. To treat all other humans as equals and work towards the day that men and women of castes; classes, races, and religions treat each other with grace, respect and equality.

Im treating everyone as hard as I treat myself. If I think of myself as a fool for drinking etc them I will tell you too.

Living according to the Guru's Way

To live and promote the tenets stipulated by the Gurus.

• Belief in One God
  • Equality of All the Human race
  • Respect for All, irrespective of gender, age, status, color, caste, etc
  • Self-Control – Kill the Five Evils; no rituals or superstitions; no gambling, tobacco, alcohol, intoxicating drugs, etc.
  • Self-Improvement – Promote the Five Virtues
  • Maintenance of a distinct external image – 5 Ks and Bana

Now do as Guru Sahib would do and start to become a Sikh.