Sikh Awareness

Kaljug Singh

Fateh!

This is a benti to the mods to reverse your decision on making the SA forum a banned site on ths forum.

It's a pity that two great and chardikala Gursikhs like Bijla Singh of SS and Neo Singh of SA have had a falling out, but the other site has nothing anti-Gurmat in its message. As such, I do not feel the need to ban every mention of the site here and, as a result, to ban other Gursikhs here of such a unique resource

In my experience, both sites have a unique approach to Sikhi and both have a different sangat, but they are two parts of the same wonderful Sikh Panth.

As to the rumour that the other forum is inciting hate for Sikh Sangat, it is entirely untrue. Neo Singh is as impartial and unbiased as mods get - we have very divergent views on some subjects, but he has never removed any of my posts and has always been courteous in his responses to views with which he does not agree.

I believe any member of Sikh Awareness will say the same thing about Neo, regardless of any difference of opinions.

My experience corresponding with Bijla Singh off the forum has been just as positive. Where he has disagreed with my views, he has been kind enough to quote the relevant panktis from Gurbani to back up his disagreements.

Singho, at the end of the day, we are all Gursikhs, and if one wants ekta in the Panth in the real world, it has to be manifested here on internet land first where everyone has the opportunity to express an opinion, disagree with others, and learn from the experience.

And mods, please don't delete the thread and ask me to open a ticket. Please let the sangat here have their say.

Regards,

Kaljug Singh.

Veerji, As far as i know SikhAwareness is not banned site on this forum. I will double check it. To have ekta, we have to work many things out (most important is to compromise with each other but not with gurmat). I know for sure that if we all get together and have some sort of meeting or hangout, most of us will stay good friends in future. Having face 2 face dialogue is the only way to sort out issues/differences (if there are). I know bijla singh very well, though he sounds strict in his posts but he is a very nice guy and will never put you off or get personal when debating on any issue. I know neo for very long time and he did supported us whether it iwas a SikhGiving project or forum help. He was once the moderator of sikhsangat forum back in the day. Point is that if most of us get together in person and share our views etc.. then only we can progress sikhi wise in this cyber world

If we Californian plan to do something in future then i will make sure to invite neo and others first and hope they will do the same if they get any chance in future.

Veerji, As far as i know SikhAwareness is not banned site on this forum. I will double check it. To have ekta, we have to work many things out (most important is to compromise with each other but not with gurmat). I know for sure that if we all get together and have some sort of meeting or hangout, most of us will stay good friends in future. Having face 2 face dialogue is the only way to sort out issues/differences (if there are). I know bijla singh very well, though he sounds strict in his posts but he is a very nice guy and will never put you off or get personal when debating on any issue. I know neo for very long time and he did supported us whether it iwas a SikhGiving project or forum help. He was once the moderator of sikhsangat forum back in the day. Point is that if most of us get together in person and share our views etc.. then only we can progress sikhi wise in this cyber world

If we Californian plan to do something in future then i will make sure to invite neo and others first and hope they will do the same if they get any chance in future.

Fateh!

Thanks for the response, veer ji, and thanks for not just removing the thread.

Unfortunately the site is still banned and it is still impossible to link to the kathas, translations and discussions that have been accumulated there by other Gursikhs.

I am certain that Bijla Singh and Neo Singh will be able to sit down and overcome any private issues like Gursikhs when they are ready, but that is a private matter between the two of them. I simply ask that the two forums not be dragged into the disagreement between them because, at the end of the day, it is other Gursikhs who are here (and on Sikh Awareness) to learn about Sikhi who will suffer for lack of knowledge.

The cybersangat is larger than the real world sangat the most people will keep, and as such I feel it needs to represent the ekta that Sikhs should be striving for in their dealings with members of the sangat with whom they have real-life interactions and disagreements now and in the future. After all, it is pretty easy to remain cordial with friends in real life, but what about maintaining cordial interactions within the larger Panth?

If one can overcome the temptation of using the anonymity of the internet to needlessly argue with other Gursikhs, to do nindiya and chugliya, to forget all courtesy and manners, then the cybersangat model can be used to strive for ekta of the Panth in the real world. Otherwise this forum and others will just become a sad reflection of the disorder and disunity of the Panth outside of the internet.

Regards,

Kaljug Singh.

Guest fordcapri

The SAS’s seva is unbelievable and their seva is like no other.

Most people on here including myself are not fit enough to walk in the shadow of some sas sevar-darrs.

They have sprit; they can pull of results against the odds.

They deal the ugly side of life.

Those who no the sas will agree with what I say, those who don’t agree well there must be something wrong with you.

Those who no nothing about sas well I hope never you have to phone them for help infact I hope no does, but people need their help with what goes on.

just checking if it's available now, there are some great Dasam Bani resources for sangat. www.<banned site filter activated>

I find it dismaying that the site is still banned. I recall admins on this site saying very clearly that sikh sangat belongs to the sangat and not to the admins / moderators. The sangat is clearly saying that they want us to be allowed to post links to www.<banned site filter activated> again.

I hope that the Admins (those who have chosen to make this ban) will follow through with the bachan that they made in the past and allow links to this site again.

The SAS’s seva is unbelievable and their seva is like no other.

Most people on here including myself are not fit enough to walk in the shadow of some sas sevar-darrs.

They have sprit; they can pull of results against the odds.

They deal the ugly side of life.

Those who no the sas will agree with what I say, those who don’t agree well there must be something wrong with you.

Those who no nothing about sas well I hope never you have to phone them for help infact I hope no does, but people need their help with what goes on.

dont confuse "sikh-awareness" forum with "sikh awareness society", Ji.

(most important is to compromise with each other but not with gurmat).

who are you or the ss forum to say that yours or ss's views on gurmat are correct?