What Is With Amritdhari Sikhs Acting So Elitist?

Guest Question Ask

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

It is both a community as well as personal problem.

There is no way such discrimination can take place, unless one has an inferiority complex and other is too proud.

So both parties are at fault !

I personally find people who are more into Dharmic karma's to be short tempered, frustrated, unreasonable, discriminating, stereo types, hyprocrites. They rather follow some dead leader's teachings from their caste or pind rather than Gurbani. That's why, they have lost the plot and have gone astray from true Sikh path.

If any writing contradicts the diktat of Sri Guru Granth Sahib jeeo please don't follow it !

It is for your own good.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest just learnin

Only yesterday i heard someone tell a story about another sikh family who owned a fish and chip shop and they accidently gave food prepared in oil that had been used to cook meat in the shop to amritdhari singhs.While i cant speak for Amritdhari sikhs, i can understand why they would not eat from non-Amritdharis. There is always a chance that intentionally or unintentionally someone who eats meat can conteminate food.

As for parents being non-amritdharis, surly the amrit shak sikh would trust his/her parents not to do anything that would be break that sikhs rehit.

Some People Dont Even Have Any Food To Eat In The World Should We Be This About Food Given To Us In Good Food. You Are Talking Like It Was Poisioned. I Am Seeing How The OriGinal Poster Is Feeling When People THink THere Food Is Not Good Enough For SOme Elitists Of The Sikh

Some People Dont Even Have Any Food To Eat In The World Should We Be This About Food Given To Us In Good Food. You Are Talking Like It Was Poisioned. I Am Seeing How The OriGinal Poster Is Feeling When People THink THere Food Is Not Good Enough For SOme Elitists Of The Sikh

That is not a good argument. Some people dont have clothes in the world, should we not wear a dastar?

Everyone has different lives to live. Some people don't have food to eat so you should eat what ever is given to you? You missed the whole point of my post, i was saying that for Amritdharis it is a risk to eat food prepared by non-amritdharis because rehat might not have been followed.

from my limited understanding, it seems to be quite simple.

food is either:

1. prepared by doing naam abhiyaas and reciting bani

2. or not

food that is purified by naam, is good for your soul. it has a positive effect on your jeevan.

food that is prepared without naam and bani, will not benefit you spiritually. it will either have hardly any effect, or a negative effect.

it is very very difficult to jap naam. if we, with guroo maharaajs apaar kirpa, can aid our jeevans by keeping bibek, then of course we should.

bibek is not kept out of ego. please don't believe that for a second. it is kept out of humility, because we are weak people and are easily influenced by thoughts and feelings (basically maya). a bibeki will trust an amritdhari who is preparing food, to be doing naam abhiyaas and reciting bani, ik man ik chit with their head at maharaajs charan.

the receiving of amrit is not just a ceremony. its a complete spiritual rebirth. it affects you physically, mentally, emotionally. the power of amrit cannot be described, it completely transforms us. this is why, it is a great honour to eat from the hands of someone who has given their entire being to guroo maharaaj. that food is blessed.

forget right and wrong, the only question we should be asking ourselves is: will this be beneficial spiritually?

if the answer is yes, then do it as much as possible. if not, then forget about it.

sorry for rambling. wahegurooo.

this is a problem within the community of course. the vast majority of you will come up with different ideas to justify this practice but the true reality is...this happens cuz amritdaris are considered primary over non amritdaris simply cuz they are amritdari.

Dont worry guys, its not a practice authorized from SGGS, its followers that like to make up their own ideas.

i remember when i cudnt get prasad until all the amritdaris recieved it first.

Hello original poster,

I only eat food prepared by Amritdharis because it is Guru Jis Rehat, but generally I prefer the company of non Amritdharis or non Sikhs than those of Amritdharis my age that I know.

Please explain my contradictory lifestyle before my head explodes

Thank you

Why don't they eat food made by regular people? Are they considered too good compared to the average person? Suddenly if their parents are not yet Amrit Shakked, they will not eat from the hand that once fed them?

I've seen someone on here say "We all know that God doesn't listen to your prayers if you are not Amrit Shakked" and the forum members agreed.

Why do some Amritdharis make their food only in steel/iron plates? Because Bhai Sahb Randhir Singh did it

Doesn't this all go against the basic principles of Sikhi?

If you are going to come onto a public sikh forum and declare yourself or others victims of elitism while communicating your own arrogance, you need to be called out. I don't practice as you stated. There is an excellent chance that you and most people reading this are far more sikh than I. However, your post and post title is irresponsible, discriminatory, and ironically elitist. You have a very valid question, which is lost in the arrogance which contains it.

If you are genuinely concerned about principles of Sikhi, you should have the decency to refrain from using an stereotypical tone common amongst those who have not committed to sikhi. Your tone promotes punjabi based stereotypes of a sikh nation that once fought the mughals, followed by racism of the west, discrimination within India, and now battles discrimination from punjabi brethren whose primary claim to sikhi is based in birth akin to brahmin caste rights.

In ardaas we ask for 'sikha nu sikhi daan,kesh daan,rehat daan,BIBEK daan' Some people choose to adopt a bibek in which they only eat food made by gursikhs or in sarbloh. Its great that they can keep this and nobody should judge anyone. Its their choice. It is pretty difficult to do this but its good to see people keeping bibek. But the bibekis i have seen have never looked down on non amridharis.

Also you mentioned that God only listens to your prayers if your amritdhari. Well this is completely false. I know from personal experience that when you do ask for something from guru ji with sharda then Guru ji will bless you regardless. I mean we asked for amrit and naam di daat and guru ji eventually gives you that when he thinks your ready. Nobody should put the impression on someone that if they come to gurus duaar to ask for something with compassion, they will never leave empty handed.

sorry if i offended anyone!

Gurfateh

I remember once i was at gurdwara and an 'amritdhari' sikh refused a Singhs fateh and said he didnt say fateh to non amritdhari sikhs. He seemed well ignorant.

One guy did that, so he personally is stupid for that not all Amritdharis. I say Gurfateh to everyone nonAmritdhari or Amritdhari, to me they think since they arent Amritdhari they think Sat Sri Akal is good enough, to me it is an insult to say Sat Sri Akal because GurFateh is what a Sikh should say regardless of Amritchauk or not etc. I think monaey just dont like saying the word KHALSA maybe it makes them feel insecure about their Sikhi????

Ive seen ignorant people on all sides, remember you must keep Gurmat vibe to be a true Amritdhari, meaning no bad attitudes etc or your just as bad as anyone else with a bad attitude.

I dont eat from nonAMritdharis because they think I think Im better than them because I made a commitment to Guru Sahib. They seem to want to break peoples Amrit by throwing in mas or their bad vibes into the food. My wife and I got into an arguement the other day about a minor infraction she did and after I yelled at her she said for me to not make her food until she says ok because she didnt want to eat food made by me even with a vibe out of the NAAM context(and we are both Amritdhari). I thought it was fair and said ok you are right. So if an AMritdhari has a bad vibe we shouldnt eat from them either, so it doesnt just apply to nonAmritdharis.

People love to pull out the "you think your better" card which in most cases is the other way around, I see people think they are better because they found a way to think they dont need Amrit and just love God to understand Sikhi which completely bypasses Guru Gobind Singhs Khanda di Pahul and in this think if they put up a wall of ignorance then they have battled that guilt from their mind and actually fight against the very reason why Guru Sahib made the Sikh take a vow or be on your own with spirituality.

ਕਊਆ ਕਾਗ ਕਉ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਰਸੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਤ੍ਰਿਪਤੈ ਵਿਸਟਾ ਖਾਇ ਮੁਖਿ ਗੋਹੈ ॥

You may place ambrosial nectar before crows and ravens, but they will be satisfied only by eating manure and dung with their mouths.