What Is With Amritdhari Sikhs Acting So Elitist?

Guest Question Ask

Well you didn't kinda answer my question, if 'gut feeling' is stronger than 'panj doots'?........I see what your overall image is of the gut feeling, and it helps, cus I remember a friend at school offered me a cigarette (actually more than that, just not allow to say it) and he wanted me to try it, but thaat 'gut feeling' kicked in. And I told him just cannot do it........so he backed off

by the way

I know who I am and I know who Im not, so if something that isnt me comes within my mind I already know its not right so I can abandon it and I feel better back to normal etc. I almost think of myself as two people, one that I talk with and one that I think with and the guy that talks is an <banned word filter activated> but the guiy that thinks is the real person I am. WHen I allow the <banned word filter activated> to take over then I lose but when I let myself take over then the <banned word filter activated> tends to yeild to the thinker who inturn speaks for the <banned word filter activated> because he is too stupid to talk over the thinker etc... hahahah (I know some people think Im weird but they still end up wanting to hang out hahahahahaha)

do PM me this with the banned words.........so I can laugh my *** off too...... :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panj doots are very powerful and it depends on how well your battle tactics are to say whether or not its stronger than gut feeling. In a normal circumstance I would say the panj doots can whoop any of our buttts, to a Gurmukh/Gursikh the panj doots bow to them (meaning Gurmukh/GurSikh is genderless)

Panj doots always buttt in when you think you can put down your guard, so they are very cunning and relentless opponents.

Not letting anyone know the banned words i posted makes it more fun to read :lol:

With the bhnag spliff that was offered to you was easily pushed away because you knew the real you doesnt need that stuff, but when the real you becomes a slave to the <banned word filter activated> guy then you will seem to justify wearing a purple mohawk. If you had a "im kewl complex" then you would have done anything that your fake gut feeling says to.

Good job not doing that because once you get into that lifestyle then all your Sikhi will go to waste.

I actually didn't want to say spliff, you split the beans man. :o oh well......

All that stuff and those type of people are nothing new to me. I tell you what, once you do it once youll justify doing another time until daily youre doing it, and then justifying that its ok to be addicted to it. Look at bhangi Nihangs they are lost in a trance and they claim its ok and religious to be high all day as long as you do your banis etc.......

Dont follow their examples, I feel sukhniddan is a gimick to get people that use bhang to justify it and eventually they dont even have any absis with Sikhi and just claim nihangs do it and its ok so they too can do it. sukhniddan is a way to not smoke it but be just as addicted to it that any old hippy.

I remember a friend at school offered me a cigarette (actually more than that, just not allow to say it)

See how your gut feeling doesnt even like to talk about it, meaning its near to impossible to do it if you dont even like talking about it. Now your inner being is able to battle away the lust for drugs or fitting in, just keep adding more to your control portfolio and youll be better off then anyone else that falls victim to stupidity and foolish justifications.

I used to be called many names because I would never even think of sleeping around as most of kids do these days. I would turn down nasty advances all the time, and I feel I benefited the most now rather than when I had to deal with people making fun of me etc..... Even then I was able to control my actions so people cant blame Amritdhari karma because I wasnt even a Sikh then so if people now are blaming elitism of Amritdhari I see it as bunk and thrown out in my view. The people who cant control themselves will then throw out the "you just think your better" card and in my opinion is just them saying bravo and they feel upset for not keeping the same discipline, a basic insecurity hidden underneath a bad comment.

Guest gurdwara

A friend of mine came from overseas and told me of amritdharis who argue and now do not even speak to their own parents, brothers and sisters soley because they are not amritdhari, she said the parents are very religious and attend the gurwarra every sunday but are now not even allowed to step in the place. Before this they had a paath and did not invite their parents because they were not amritdhari. They also told me of gurwaras where non amritdharis were not allowed to singh kirtan which I found repulsive and were not allowed to read from Guru Granth Sahib Ji. If a person has love for god they should be allowed to express this love.

ਕਾਹੇ ਪੂਤ ਝਗਰਤ ਹਉ ਸੰਗਿ ਬਾਪ ॥

काहे पूत झगरत हउ संगि बाप ॥

Kāhe pūṯ jẖagraṯ ha▫o sang bāp.

O son, why do you argue with your father?

ਜਿਨ ਕੇ ਜਣੇ ਬਡੀਰੇ ਤੁਮ ਹਉ ਤਿਨ ਸਿਉ ਝਗਰਤ ਪਾਪ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

जिन के जणे बडीरे तुम हउ तिन सिउ झगरत पाप ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Jin ke jaṇe badīre ṯum ha▫o ṯin si▫o jẖagraṯ pāp. ||1|| rahā▫o.

It is a sin to argue with the one who fathered you and raised you. ||1||Pause||

There is no question that alot of amritdharis act in an elitist manner instead of being humble, thinking they have god all figured out and practicing hypocrisy- I know amritdharis who drink, smoke and take drugs, I'm telling the 100% honest truth- and I'm sure there would be more such people around the world

But this doesn't account for all amritdharis as there are also so many who are pure, humble and genuine.

The poster should feel ashamed that he has accused all amritdharis of being elistist rather than a portion as per the topic title and should certainly post an apology to those he has upset.

If a person has love for god they should be allowed to express this love.

If a person has such love then maybe that should manifest itself by taking amrit, as the first step in Sikhi.

I know amritdharis who drink, smoke and take drugs, I'm telling the 100% honest truth-

How can they be amritdhari when they have committed two of the bujjar kauraits ?

Guest gurdwara

If a person has love for god they should be allowed to express this love.

If a person has such love then maybe that should manifest itself by taking amrit, as the first step in Sikhi.

I know amritdharis who drink, smoke and take drugs, I'm telling the 100% honest truth-

How can they be amritdhari when they have committed two of the bujjar kauraits ?

Alot of people don't take amrit unless they're completely ready, maybe theyre just not ready or don't want to I don;t know,

and I have no idea, all I know is they took amrit and then did that stuff!