R We Responsible?

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

I was at school today when i heard that a sikh girl had just run away from her home to be with her boyfreind. This really upset me. but on top of that i heard a muslim girl say 'sikhs don't discipline their children, they're all the same' i obviously confronted her with the comment, and told what she needed to hear!

But i wanted to know what everyone thinks:

Do all sikhs get the blame if something like this happens?

Does all of the society suffer when only one Sikh does something their not supposed to? Are we al responsible for one Sikh's wrong doing?

As alot of people say it is bestii and embarrasment to our religion, so is it our parents fault for not teaching well?

or do you think it's just the individual?

pls post comments on what you think

Thank You

sister.....yeah if a person belongs to a minority IT WILL ALWAYS affect the whole community when a single person does something wrong....like if in Punjab a sikh girl did something....it would not be "sikhs" fault....but her parents.....but overseas it will be like "community's" fault....that is human nature....

personally i think it is BOTH individual's and parents' fault....sometimes the parents give great teaching but children just do not listen,,,but otherwise children are good but parents do not care....

i do not know about this girl.....she has surely her problems...??

May God help the poor child....

of course sikhs are not responsible. it's not true that sikh kids are not disciplined. that's just <admin-cut> and lots of people talk <admin-cut> u should just ignore because only the TRUTH matters! stereotyping is never right because each individual is different not groupable. For example, there are scientists, actors, and different talents from all parts of the world not just certain types of people are good at the same thing