3ho Sikhs Doing Aarti On Channel 793

Gursikh Singh

There are 2 3HO Sikhs doing Ganga Aarti on Sky channel 793 right now.

Disgraceful!!!

mad.gif

OMG not Aarti and Ganga!!! how discraceful to your Sect of Sikhi!!!!!

Let me explain my view on this:-

Aarti = Poetic verses explaining the importance and values of naam simran, whether this is sikh, hindi, jewish or christian you should listen and understand what is being said before slagging it off

Ganga = A sacred place where Guru Nanak devji visited aswell as many other Mahapursh over millions of years. Just to do darshan of this sacred place is a privilage let alone any form of prayer to God.

Yoga - Let me explain to you of my understanding before I get slated by all the so called Sikhs out there that jump on anything other than their narrow minded version of Sikhism. Sri Guru Granth Sahibji tells us to do naam simran which is not an easy task as our mind is attacked left right and center by the 5 evils, now for us to start naam simran we should try anything we can to get our mind to focus, as we are all individuals different things will help focus our mind. Yoga helps some, walking helps others, washing dishes others, sitting in a dark quiet room others.

My point is Whether you sit at home or wash dishes at Harimandar Sahib or yoga at the river Ganges and do naam simran or Aarti or Japji Sahibji. You are better than the next person that wastes their time on Sikh Sangat slagging everyone else off for trying to better the life.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgraceful!!!

mad.gif

Aarti = Poetic verses explaining the importance and values of naam simran, whether this is sikh, hindi, jewish or christian you should listen and understand what is being said before slagging it off

Ganga = A sacred place where Guru Nanak devji visited aswell as many other Mahapursh over millions of years. Just to do darshan of this sacred place is a privilage let alone any form of prayer to God.

Yoga - Let me explain to you of my understanding before I get slated by all the so called Sikhs out there that jump on anything other than their narrow minded version of Sikhism. Sri Guru Granth Sahibji tells us to do naam simran which is not an easy task as our mind is attacked left right and center by the 5 evils, now for us to start naam simran we should try anything we can to get our mind to focus, as we are all individuals different things will help focus our mind. Yoga helps some, walking helps others, washing dishes others, sitting in a dark quiet room others.

My point is Whether you sit at home or wash dishes at Harimandar Sahib or yoga at the river Ganges and do naam simran or Aarti or Japji Sahibji. You are better than the next person that wastes their time on Sikh Sangat slagging everyone else off for trying to better the life.

wat a reply m8 wow.

Disgraceful!!!

mad.gif

wat a reply m8 wow.

Yoga is a form of excercise, I never said it doesn't help with naam simran because it helps a hell of alot with mine.

However statements such as the one I posted, that removing blockages etc will bring happiness and prosperity into your life are not sikh-

Only god has that ability- we're 100% helpless wthout him, this is kaljug, the darkest age and yoga isn't going to get rid of peoples misfortune, only something amazingly pure and strong can overcome misery and misfortune- and that's god.

Disgraceful!!!

mad.gif

wat a reply m8 wow.

Yoga is a form of excercise, I never said it doesn't help with naam simran because it helps a hell of alot with mine.

However statements such as the one I posted, that removing blockages etc will bring happiness and prosperity into your life are not sikh-

Only god has that ability- we're 100% helpless wthout him, this is kaljug, the darkest age and yoga isn't going to get rid of peoples misfortune, only something amazingly pure and strong can overcome misery and misfortune- and that's god.

If yoga helps with your naam simran then I say do yoga, do it as much as you can and I promise you by increasing your naam simran through yoga you will 'remove blockages etc will bring happiness and prosperity into your life'. My point being dont just put down yoga just because someone wrote a statement that yoga helps do this and yoga helps do that or yoga is this and yoga is that. Look deeper than that.

As for you 2nd statement stating only God has that ability....God has given you the ability to do naam simran and the knowledge to know that naam simran will help you get through the dark ages of Kaljug it is down to you to take the oppurtunity and put in the effort to do it. Naam simran is not easy and I myself find it really difficult to concentrate and remember to do this enough so like I said whether its yoga, walking, cooking, cleaning if it helps with naam then do it.

Hmm, if the article said that yoga helps clear the mind, I wouldnt have written anything.

The White Tantric Yoga® Video Course is a powerful meditation practice that clears the subconscious mind, allowing prosperity, success, and happiness to flow freely into your life. It is an ancient and unique yogic science that accelerates your psychological growth by dissolving deep-rooted subconscious blocks through the direction of a facilitator and the energy of Yogi Bhajan, the Mahan Tantric.

If the article said the yoga helped to clear the mind and there was no mention of flowing happiness, prosperity and sucess etc I would see it as credible.

I love practicing yoga as excercise, but the happiness and success comes from Guru Nanak.

I love practicing yoga as excercise, but the happiness and success comes from Guru Nanak.

No ones denying that fact. Guru sahib said jap, and thats exactly what our brothers and sisters are doing.

No offense bro/sis but putting down someone elses way of practicing truth isn't going to make your way any more true.

Also, yoga is NOT just an exercise. Everything we do in so called mainstream "Sikhism" is a form of yoga and pretty much has been practiced for many millennia.

We sit in their postures, we chant with their techniques, then we deny their existence...?

And about the label "3HO Sikhs". I don't think they gave themselves that label. "We" did.

We sit in their postures, we chant with their techniques, then we deny their existence...?

Ummmm I dont know about you but I dont do their yoga techniques and I try to follow Guru Sahibs way of yoga called "Raj Yoga" which doesnt involve anything but chanting Naam.

And about the label "3HO Sikhs". I don't think they gave themselves that label. "We" did.

UMMMMMMMM NO they call themselves 3ho harbhajan singh "coined" that phrase. 3ho would be just a bunch of white sikhs if they didnt sell yoga. Since they sell yoga they have some sort of secular power they use to buy into Sikhi, and many think just because youre a rich organisation means you are a good Sikh. I could go on and on about the issues of 3ho but then Ill be labelded as some sort of hater because I have done some research on their organization and found some very contradicting things about what they teach and what Guru taught(and no I dont mean yogi harbhajan singh as a guru )

:umm:

kundalini yoga is a fraud and Guru Granth Sahib talks about what "real yoga is". Today Yoga is sold as a product and in ancient yoga it would be a sin for people to sell yoga and teach people who werent truelly dedicated to the guru of a particular yoga, now a daze any old shmow and walk into a studio and pay someone to teach them how to sit and bend or sit and breath and so on etc and later that night be a fool and go hang out with their friends doing God knows what that isnt coisiding with the yoga techniques. blah blah who cares as this is why yoga is a fraud, it either gets you to get caught up with some yoga shop corrupt baba/guru or gets you to pay them to be spiritual with no regular job and them teach you some "technique" to shed stress and open your mind.

Yogi harbhajan singh taught that kundalini yoga can get you to understand god 10x faster than the "normal sikh techniques"

Guru Sahib taught that Raj yoga is the only true yoga and the rest gets caught up in the act.

(he dnt even sing it, he puts on a cd and does the easy part(which a sikh isnt even supposed to perform arti) If a Sikh even recites Sohila they would know that Vahiguru does arti every night and Sikhs only sing the arti shabad but not supposed to do the hindu ritual of arti and especially beeaadbi of Guru Granth Sahib Ji from waving a candle on a plate like if Guru would be pleased from some fake sikh performing arti.

3ho doing arti? now thats a new low Ive ever heard from them, I know they hand out with naamdhari guru jagjit sinh but never knew some pretend to be that "pious' to perform hindu stuff, and on tv???? wow :6

ਪ੍ਰਭਾਤੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥

Prabhaatee, First Mehl:ਨਿਵਲੀ ਕਰਮ ਭੁਅੰਗਮ ਭਾਠੀ ਰੇਚਕ ਪੂਰਕ ਕੁੰਭ ਕਰੈ ॥

You may perform exercises of inner purification, and fire up the furnace of the kundalini, inhaling and exhaling and holding the breath.

ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਿਛੁ ਸੋਝੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਭਰਮੇ ਭੂਲਾ ਬੂਡਿ ਮਰੈ ॥

Without the True Guru, you will not understand; deluded by doubt, you shall drown and die.

ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਅਸਟਪਦੀਆ

Raamkalee, Fifth Mehl, Ashtapadees:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਕਿਨਹੀ ਕੀਆ ਪਰਵਿਰਤਿ ਪਸਾਰਾ ॥

Some make a big show of their worldly influence.

ਕਿਨਹੀ ਕੀਆ ਪੂਜਾ ਬਿਸਥਾਰਾ ॥

Some make a big show of devotional worship.

ਕਿਨਹੀ ਨਿਵਲ ਭੁਇਅੰਗਮ ਸਾਧੇ ॥

Some practice inner cleansing teahniques, and control the breath through kundalini Yoga.

ਮੋਹਿ ਦੀਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਆਰਾਧੇ ॥੧॥

I am meek; I worship and adore the Lord, Har, Har. ||1||

ਤੇਰਾ ਭਰੋਸਾ ਪਿਆਰੇ ॥

I place my faith in You alone, O Beloved Lord.

ਆਨ ਨ ਜਾਨਾ ਵੇਸਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

I do not know any other way. ||1||Pause||

Guru Arjan is saying I dont do kundalini yoga, I only worship God, there is no other way of knowing God besides worshipping Vahiguru. yoga is something that some people do in their way of making a big show of their "devotion to God" Having lots of money as an organization and owning yoga studios doesnt mean nothing. ONly worship of God will get your ego shed or your mind clear etc..................

Yoga as for fittness isn't a bad idea.

But yoga for trying to reach god. You can bend the body in anyway you like this won't get you closer to God. Only makes your ego grow bigger. You will be sayin, Look what I can do. LOL

Raj Yoga as another member said is permitted for Sikhs. Which is just meditating on Waheguru or doing paath. Stilling the mind.

kundalini yoga is a fraud and Guru Granth Sahib talks about what "real yoga is". Today Yoga is sold as a product and in ancient yoga it would be a sin for people to sell yoga and teach people who werent truelly dedicated to the guru of a particular yoga, now a daze any old shmow and walk into a studio and pay someone to teach them how to sit and bend or sit and breath and so on etc and later that night be a fool and go hang out with their friends doing God knows what that isnt coisiding with the yoga techniques. blah blah who cares as this is why yoga is a fraud, it either gets you to get caught up with some yoga shop corrupt baba/guru or gets you to pay them to be spiritual with no regular job and them teach you some "technique" to shed stress and open your mind.

Yoga exercise to improve mental or physical state is not what we are talking here. Most of the people that go to yoga classes want to improve health in some way this is not what we have been talking about in this thread.

I can tell you form my own experience that after a running around all day at work and home my mind is thinking a million thoughts of how to fix this and that, or bills to pay, or getting things ready for work etc. So to help calm my mind so that it doesnt jump from one thought to another I do a minute or so of breathing exercise to calm it down, this then helps me concentrate on naam and focus my time on meditating on naam. I dont know if this falls under kundalini yoga, raj yoga or any other type of yoga but what I do know is that this helps me in my goal of concentrating on naam simran rather than, doing simran through my mouth while my mind is elsewhere.

Like I said before do what ever suits you but the end goal for not just Sikhs but human beings is naam simran, this is what we are here for and this is what we should be doing. Its not easy and each individual has to use whatever tools he/she can to help with naam.

(he dnt even sing it, he puts on a cd and does the easy part(which a sikh isnt even supposed to perform arti) If a Sikh even recites Sohila they would know that Vahiguru does arti every night and Sikhs only sing the arti shabad but not supposed to do the hindu ritual of arti and especially beeaadbi of Guru Granth Sahib Ji from waving a candle on a plate like if Guru would be pleased from some fake sikh performing arti.

The person in this video is showering Our Guru with flower petals what is wrong with this? do you think he is doing this with some sort of hate? or do you think this for love for his Guru?

Can you not see any devotion in this, can you not look deeper into the reason for him doing what he is doing or is this wrong because hindus do this?

So when we see a deva or thoof (Incense sticks) at the gurudwara is this not Beadbi? is this wrong because hindus do this? or could it be that we do this to purify or make the air around Guruji smell sweet.

Do you not think you should looker deeper than their physical actions to the reasoning and love behind their actions and respect that? Dhana jatt had so much love for a stone, he worshipped it day and night because he thought it was god and eveyone laughed at him? and told him he was wrong? so why did God himself give him Darshan - it was because of his pure love for his God.

Raamkalee, Fifth Mehl, Ashtapadees:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਕਿਨਹੀ ਕੀਆ ਪਰਵਿਰਤਿ ਪਸਾਰਾ ॥

Some make a big show of their worldly influence.

ਕਿਨਹੀ ਕੀਆ ਪੂਜਾ ਬਿਸਥਾਰਾ ॥

Some make a big show of devotional worship.

ਕਿਨਹੀ ਨਿਵਲ ਭੁਇਅੰਗਮ ਸਾਧੇ ॥

Some practice inner cleansing teahniques, and control the breath through kundalini Yoga.

ਮੋਹਿ ਦੀਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਆਰਾਧੇ ॥੧॥

I am meek; I worship and adore the Lord, Har, Har. ||1||

ਤੇਰਾ ਭਰੋਸਾ ਪਿਆਰੇ ॥

I place my faith in You alone, O Beloved Lord.

ਆਨ ਨ ਜਾਨਾ ਵੇਸਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

I do not know any other way. ||1||Pause||

Guru Arjan is saying I dont do kundalini yoga, I only worship God, there is no other way of knowing God besides worshipping Vahiguru. yoga is something that some people do in their way of making a big show of their "devotion to God" Having lots of money as an organization and owning yoga studios doesnt mean nothing. ONly worship of God will get your ego shed or your mind clear etc..................

I agree worship of God through naam simran.

You got to remember naam simran is not easy for mere mortal humans like me so like a car I sometimes need a push start by using physical means e.g yoga, breathing, walking to help me focus on naam. I believe that once ive got this engine started and I can jap naam with every breath I will no longer need the physical exercises like yoga, breathing exercise etc and can maybe then I can be considered a Sikh :-)

is there a shabad where Guru sahib tells us doing Aarti is wrong and it shouldn't be done.

To look at Aarti of a Hindu and the same apply's to Sikh would be wrong. because a Sikh is not doing Aarti of a stone, but of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, which is not an idol.

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Bihaagraa on Pannaa 556

mÚ 1 ]

ma 1 ||

First Mehla:

ihMdU mUly BUly AKutI jWhI ]

hi(n)dhoo moolae bhoolae akhuttee jaa(n)hee ||

The Hindus have forgotten the Primal Lord; they are going the wrong way.

nwrid kihAw is pUj krWhI ] AMDy guMgy AMD AMDwru ]

naaradh kehiaa s pooj karaa(n)hee || a(n)dhhae gu(n)gae a(n)dhh a(n)dhhaar ||

As Naarad instructed them, they are worshipping idols. They are blind and mute, the blindest of the blind.

pwQru ly pUjih mugD gvwr ]

paathhar lae poojehi mugadhh gavaar ||

The ignorant fools pick up stones and worship them.

Eih jw Awip fuby qum khw qrxhwru ]2]

ouhi jaa aap ddubae thum kehaa tharanehaar ||2||

But when those stones themselves sink, who will carry you across? ||2||