Sonia Ghandi: Not PM!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey u guys need to think more like a politician. sonia refused it to make her way to the top. this was to make sikhs happy. i think she's planning to easily win the next election because if she took it now she would have been at a big risk. anyway i hope manmohan singh does something special

Everyone here is happy that Manmohan "singh" is nominated for PM. You guys are thinking vah vah Sikh PM of india, here comes the cavilry. Stop to think for a moment, this guy stood by indira ghandi during the attack on harminder sahib! Is he a sikh? He stayed part of congress through the 1984 riots! Is he a sikh? He even after the aquital of many Butchers of dheli stayed part of congress! Is he a sikh?

Has he ever rosen his voice for the meek conditions that the sikhs live in?

What benifit has he given to the sikhs, in such a high position he holds? and will hold.

He's a congress member, kursi passaye di lalch!

Its not going to be any different then any other primeminster of Hindia!

i can definitely say that that thought of khalsa raj didn't even once cross myy mind...

and GKD, if i say:

All sikhs who have cut hair are stupid people, with no sense of direction, and can never ever EVER be good Sikhs

what would you say...

don't paint all of the Congress Members with the same brush.. we only kmnow the stories of the Congress Party from 20 years ago... from 15 years ago... at the latest, 10 years ago... have YOU changed in 20 years? have you changed in 15 years? have you changed in 10 years, even? sure you have! people change, ideologies change, THINGS in total, they change.

be skeptical, but be optimistic.. why is it that no one wants to accept anything as good anymore??

and, a correction in your timeline... he was brought in in 1992 as Finance Minister..... AFTER 1984

He's a congress member, kursi passaye di lalch!

Actually Manmohan Singh was a very wealthy crore pati even before entering politics. The man made crores in real-estate. He has so much money that he symbolically takes only a few rupees as a MP. He’s practically working for free! He’s a self made man. Unlike other Indian politicians, he made his money legally. So I don’t think money is a factor. Besides, people say this guy is a real genius. I don’t doubt he could solves Indias economic problems, but lets see how he deals with issues like Babri Masjid, Kashmir, rising of Hindutwa especially in Gujarat etc.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i agree with gkd. if this guy was there during the 80's theres no reason really to get very excited or too overzealous. theres really no point in being too optimistic cuz chances are its not gonna happen. khalistan wont come from these politicians.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

and GKD, if i say:

All sikhs who have cut hair are stupid people, with no sense of direction, and can never ever EVER be good Sikhs

jaapmans 2 that i say u r rite 2 a extent..they are (i am) a stupid person wit no sense of direction, but i may be able 2 change but tha's a big maybe.

ne ways....

about this "congress" buddy. Yes its safe to say that he is not a good person. He was part of congress when the action happened. If he was a self respecting sikh, he would have given his postion up, as did tens of other sikhs. But yet he still sticks firmly to the side of the ghandis, who have inflicted so much pain on the sikhs. He has had 30yrs to prove him self, and a 20yr period to even say something about the great gullughara if 84, yet he has'nt even opened his mouth. What do you have to say to that? If he has'nt spoken in 20yrs, now becoming a primeminster is not going to change that. He stuck by indras side and it has obviously gotten him quite high up.

This guy's supposed to be a great economist, and fairly honest (in terms of money). However, as Cali Khalsa said, I wouldn't get my hopes too high in terms of his dealings with Sikhs. Zail Singh was a 'sikh' and look at what he did. Maybe I'm just too cynical, but I find it hard to believe that they'd put someone who wasn't a lackey of theirs at the helm of the government. We can all hope that he'll be different, but I wouldn't set my expectations too high.

Also, as far as Congress having changed over the last few years..... two butchers who should be dead or rotting in jail were given party nominations and are now Congress MPs. That's not a very promising sign.

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think a few points need to be raised.

1. Most people on this forum hate India to death and support Khalistan, therefore you should not be concerned about India's future, political or economical. Then why even bother who the next prime minister is going to be when you don't even want to be acknowledged as someone from that country?

2. The political party that has come to power is the same Congress which is responsible for Operation Bluestar, the Delhi killings, disappearances, human rights violations, fake encounters and what not. Now since it has come to power, what good can you expect it to do?

3. It does not matter whom you support. Both Congress and BJP (and its band of Hindutva supporting groups) are no good for Sikhs or any Indian for that matter. And since the political parties who claim to represent Sikhs are probably worse than anyone else (as you already know), what is the point raising a cry sitting over here thousands of miles far away from where everything is a pre planned dirty political game?

4. How is anything going to change your daily life over here in the west?

Mr malang,

1. Why does it concern me when i hate india to death? because my familly, my punjab, and most of the sikh holy places are situated within india, and more localy within punjab, which is under the illeagle holds of india, thats how it concerns me.

2. Good? a formal appology to the families, compensation to the families. But that wouldnt mean i'd say india zindabad or even remotely support congress or ne other indian party that is not partial towards sikhs.

3. Point? there is none i guess.

4. It may not change my life here, but it will change the life of the billion people who are in the clutches of india. and people being people should be every1s concern weather they are in the east or west