--not Getting Nice Guru For Classical Music & Gurbani Teaching--

Guest --gupt--

Guest --gupt--

Guru fateh!

Agar ahap sudha punjabi nahi pada pate matarao ma mistakes karte ho aur agar ahapa guru charni lag jao toha paap padata hai?

I am not getting good teacher who teaches me how u read properly gurbani,where i do mistakes?

I can read punjabi but not perfectly but i even can't find my mistakes.

So maha guru charni laga gayi kyuki manu shri guru granth saheb padana ki bahut icha thi.

I am also not getting good classical singing vocal teacher.What i do?

Jikan sadhe guru ji hai ohkan real life vicha guru kyu nahi milda?

asa guru joha matalabi na ho,guru ji ka sare gun ho ohna da andar.

<h2 class="maintitle"> --not Getting Nice Guru For Classical Music & Gurbani Teaching--</h2>

oh thats because there is no Guru other than Guru Nanak thru Guru Gobind Singh and then Guru Granth Sahib.

If your a Sikh youll never have a guru to teach you other than Guru Granth Sahib. Teacher and guru are way different in sikhi. If your a hindu then there are 700 trillion gurus etc but a Sikh only has one current Guru and that is Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

type in learn punjabi on google and do the study that youll find, to tell you the truth whoever you have teach you will teach you "their way of reading" and there are many different ways so first know how you are going to recite because each person Ive learned from does it their own way, so I have came to the conclusion of reciting Gurubani as it is strictly written. i.e no swithing Kripa and kirpa sometimes when you feel like, no saying mangey when it is written as magey, no using 'shasha" when its not written with a bindi. If is says SABAD then say it as SABAD if it is written in Dasam Granth with a bindi then say shabad etc

music is something that youll have to really get someone who knows raag

Yep, although Gurmat Sangeet tradition is being lost today, in favour of simpler music (not prescribed by Guru Sahib) so that everyone can do kirtan. How sad, what's next, we will say let's "simplify" gurbani so everyone can do paath?! :o As Bhai Avtaar Singh Jee pointed out, I am paraphrasing, "If it was up to people they would remove Siri raag (i.e. all raags) from Gurbani today. We have removed raag from our thinking already, but we couldn't remove it from Guru Granth Sahib"

Unfortunately, there aren't that many teachers available who teach Gurmat Sangeet. There are lots who teach Indian Classical Music, but there is a difference between that and Gurmat Sangeet. I have also noticed that most people don't realize the level of commitment needed to learn Gurmat Sangeet. When I taught Tabla for a while, I used to always mention to people that they need to do 1hr practice everyday. Upon hearing this, a lot of them gave me very surprised looks as if I was joking with them! 1hr everyday is the bare minimum, maybe more.

I only know of 2 places where Gurmat Sangeet is being taught today, both places are in India. There is Jawaddi Taksaal in Ludhiana and Punjabi University in Patiala. I can personally vouch for the principal of Jawaddi Taksaal, such a loving character. I had the pleasure of meeting him for only 2 days a few years ago and to this day I remember it very clearly.

Guest --gupt--
Yep, although Gurmat Sangeet tradition is being lost today, in favour of simpler music (not prescribed by Guru Sahib) so that everyone can do kirtan. How sad, what's next, we will say let's "simplify" gurbani so everyone can do paath?! :o As Bhai Avtaar Singh Jee pointed out, I am paraphrasing, "If it was up to people they would remove Siri raag (i.e. all raags) from Gurbani today. We have removed raag from our thinking already, but we couldn't remove it from Guru Granth Sahib"

Unfortunately, there aren't that many teachers available who teach Gurmat Sangeet. There are lots who teach Indian Classical Music, but there is a difference between that and Gurmat Sangeet. I have also noticed that most people don't realize the level of commitment needed to learn Gurmat Sangeet. When I taught Tabla for a while, I used to always mention to people that they need to do 1hr practice everyday. Upon hearing this, a lot of them gave me very surprised looks as if I was joking with them! 1hr everyday is the bare minimum, maybe more.

I only know of 2 places where Gurmat Sangeet is being taught today, both places are in India. There is Jawaddi Taksaal in Ludhiana and Punjabi University in Patiala. I can personally vouch for the principal of Jawaddi Taksaal, such a loving character. I had the pleasure of meeting him for only 2 days a few years ago and to this day I remember it very clearly.

Guru fateh!

Thanks for both of u'r help.

I live in maharastra so i can't go punjab.Even there are many peoples who offended my parents that punjab is having peoples who looks smth different & from inside they are different.

My elder sibling proposal is coming from punjab but my parents are very confused & by listening peoples conclusion about punjab peoples.They decided not to do my elder sibling marriage in punjab.

Bul chuk mafa!