Can I Wear A Kirpan?

Guest guest00

Thank You I didn't much about the Kirpan. I have some questions where should I keep/store my Kirpan now? And are we allowed to wash the gatra If it get dirty? And when I taken amrit should wear my Kirpan underneath my clothes or over?

veerji, please do wear the kirpaan as you are practicing gursikhi, so there's no reason why you can't wear a kirpan, as satpunga singh said just be mindful to respect the kirpan like any one of your other kakaars. You can either wear it on the inside or on the outside, however you prefer, read up on the laws in your place of residence to avoid getting into trouble with the authorities. Yes you're allowed and encouraged to wash the gatra and keep it clean.

When you take amrit you MUST wear your kirpan on the outside otherwise the punj piare will most likely tell you to. When you take amrit you must also take off your pants so wear a chola or a kurta. Tie your dastaar so that it can be opened from the top easily as so your kes are visible.