Degh..

Jasy

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Welln I just finished my chaliya on Sunday and I wanted to make some degh to take to the gw. Does it matter that today is Thursday cuz I know some people say you shouldn’t do somethings on Thursday…and my other question is how do I make degh?

you can do it on any day ... and if people say u should not do it on thursday plz do it on thursday ... for degh you need atta sugar and desi ghee in equal quantity ... like 1 kg desi ghee and 1 kg sugar 1 kg atta ...

here u go

Sorry, cant reply today cause its Thursday !!!! Will do tomorrow.....laugh.gif

Thanks for making me smile.

I was going to have a sneeze, but will postpone, as its thursday.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Welln I just finished my chaliya on Sunday and I wanted to make some degh to take to the gw. Does it matter that today is Thursday cuz I know some people say you shouldn't do somethings on Thursday…and my other question is how do I make degh?

On serious note, Khalsa bharam bhekh ton niyara hunda hai. So never ever believe in one day being special day than other. The best day is the day when you spend doing nam simran, reciting bani. And if you do that everyday, then everyday is speical day.

Kade vee koi bharam nahi karna, even if your elders tell you (not that i don't respect elders, but they got set in certain ways because of living in hidhu ways for too long that its hard for them to not beleive in things that way anymore). My mom still does somethings in ways, I try to tell but she won't listen. I just tell her then that I won't participate in what she is doing. Thats all I could do if I don't wanna argue and hurt her. Hopefully, one day she will be over it.

If you ever get into bharam about anything and think that you would get hurt somehow or would hurt someone by doing in one way or the other. Just say waheguru before doing it. You will be fine. and don't keep thinking that you did something wrong.

I gave this much long lecture, because I know lot of people are still under many bharam bhulekhe about things that their elders believed in and passed onto the young generation.

mariyada de vich raih ke, satkar Guru Sahib layee rakhdiyan, no bharam bhulekhe.

Agree with you Amarjit Kaur Ji !...heres a little thought.......

Its people who have full bellies and plenty time to waste who are normally into these daft superstitions. The poor who struggle everyday to feed their families and have bigger worries, just like its the rich that follow and fund the pakhandi babas..........................

Agree with you Amarjit Kaur Ji !...heres a little thought.......

Its people who have full bellies and plenty time to waste who are normally into these daft superstitions. The poor who struggle everyday to feed their families and have bigger worries, just like its the rich that follow and fund the pakhandi babas..........................

Interesting.....Now you blame the rich? why......

Why ?????? how do you think all these pakhandi babas built their huge deras and globe trotting in first class seats !!! Its not the poor who fund them....pakhandi babas encourage superstitions

If you are so concerned about these 'dera's', then why haven't you done anything about it? Get in touch with them directly.