Why We Selectively Follow Guru's Message?

Guest Sikh

VJKK VJKF,

Sadh sangat ji I would like to share my dilemma and ask for your opinion. When I had taken Amrit few years back the Panj Piare explained the Rehat to all of us. One of the instruction was to consider all men as your brothers, sons, fathers etc (age based). I have been active in discussion forms and other social networking sites and had come across a number of people who had added me as friend. As per Rehat they are all my brother or sons. But I find some Amritdhari Singh’s who are hesitant of me addressing them as brother. They want me to call them by their name and consider them friends. They know that I am married then why they are hesitant? Aren’t they supposed to follow the same Rehat?

I know it’s not bad to consider someone friend but if we are real Khalsa why we only follow selective Rehat? Should I just address them as brothers and not communicate with them if they are hesitant of me calling them my brothers? Only thoughtful replies please!

VJKK VJKF

Fateh jee

One of the instruction was to consider all men as your brothers, sons, fathers etc (age based)

Agreed. All is equal regardless.

But I find some Amritdhari Singh’s who are hesitant of me addressing them as brother.

It depends. If you keep calling your friends (brothers) 'Phaji' I'm sure they will understand. You must also understand that there are some serious singhs, they hate the ego boost. So try to adapt to what they fell happy with.

They want me to call them by their name and consider them friends. They know that I am married then why they are hesitant? Aren’t they supposed to follow the same Rehat?

Let them think of you as friends, but in reality your their 'phaji'. Just keep that in mind.

Should I just address them as brothers and not communicate with them if they are hesitant of me calling them my brothers?

If you consider them as your brother, then call them by what they feel happy.

Fateh

I suppose you follow every single rehat...

Paapi veerji , on second thoughts your post makes "LOTS" of sense. Did you "actually" try to convey this hidden message to the Veerji your began this topic ? ? It also serves as a reminder to actual paapi people like me to live as Sikhs our our Guru's and not as hypocrites (P.S : i am referring to myself here and not anyone else)

WJKK WJKF

If others have a bad attitude then let them sink their own boat dont worry about foolish people even if they are "Anmritdhari", someone who is a true Anmritdhari has no right to have a bad attitude in any regards. If your attitude was based on the majority then everyone would have such a bad attitude that it would stink and cause others to fall unconscious.

WJKK WJKF!

Bhenji here is what I would like to add based on my understanding of Gurmat on this issue. Guru ji had mentioned the 5 vikars in a paticular order. Kam karodh, lobh, moh and ahankar. Guru Gobind Singh had mentioned about Khalsa being one family because he was aware of the issues that we will face. If you clearly think about these five vikars, Kaam is the most powerful one (not that others are less distructive). To be brief there is a sakhi of Baba Deep Singh ji. Baba ji had rescued one girl from Mugals who was very beautiful. When Singhs decided to drop her off at her house and asked Baba Ji to take charge he refused and agreed to do it only if 5 Singhs will go with him. What that means is that even a mahapursh like Baba Ji has to be careful.

Now coming back to topic my personal experience is you can't beat Kaam unless you call and treat people as brothers and sisters. No matters how pure you are there are chances that you can slip from your path. I am not sure if you have met these Singh/s or its just virtual world communication. If they don’t address you as sister that’s still ok but asking you not to call them brother is outrageous. I don't see their conscious clear if they don't want to be called out as brothers. They may have same kind of attitude for other girls who are not married. My comments are based on personal experience. Calling and treating people as brothers and sisters had really helped me and is still working.

Now to keep in touch with these people is up to you.

WJKK WJKF