Washing Hair

Guest _amli_

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!

i have a question which i will be greatful if could be answered. i am a practicing sikh and hope to take amrit this year. however i was curious as to what the rehat is about washing hair, as in is ther a specific time you should wash it. i mean i have talked to other gursikhs. they wash there hair everyday in the morning with water and let it dry while they do naam abhiyaas in the morning. however i was wondering if it is compolsary to do that. also i wash my hair once a week and i do it in the evening. is that okay. otr is there a specific time you should wash it.

bhul chuk maaf

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!

It is compulsory to wash the hair every day when you have your Ishnaan in the morning. Most people use just water on a daily basis, and use shampoo every 4+ days. Some people oil their Kesh every day.

Wahegurji ka Khalsa , Wahegurji ki Fateh ,

Veerji congrats for thinking about taking Amrit :)

As far as my knowledge goes there is no specific time to wash hair (or put otherwise, all times are good to wash hair) . I am not aware if it's compulsory to wash hair every morning. None of the Sikhs I know practice this.

For all those who go to Gurdwara to keep Amritvella , this seems to be a very unfeasible as wearing turban on wet hair is not an option.

Wahegurji ka Khalsa , Wahegurji ki Fateh .

Wahegurji ka Khalsa , Wahegurji ki Fateh ,

For all those who go to Gurdwara to keep Amritvella , this seems to be a very unfeasible as wearing turban on wet hair is not an option.

Wahegurji ka Khalsa , Wahegurji ki Fateh .

The Rehat I was blessed with asks that Kesh is washed everyday, as the post above says. Kesh can then be towel dried and wearing a dastar is no problem.

Fateh ji

Our kesh should be washed every 4 days, and dried naturally not using hair dryers and what ever you have now days. Washing hair everyday is not compulsory as far as i know.

Sorry if i made a mistake.

Vaheguroo

How can your morning Ishnaan be complete without washing your Kesh? Your Kesh is the most important part of your body...it deserves our full respect and care.

I have long hair and I have never had a problem with drying my Kesh in time in the morning...you will only have problems if you wake up late and need to go to school/work etc and thus do not have time in the morning.

Guest Khalsa Panth

Ishnaan is not complete without washing the kesh. Gurmat ishnan is to wash the kesh. The head is the shiromani (most important) part of the head, and without washing the hair the head cannot be washed completely.

Leave the hair open whilst doing simran, they should dry, If they don't then u can always dry them in the day time or if u really need to use a heat source (hair dryer, heater).

If going to the gurdwara at amritvela then tie a thick(er) dastar tight, which should make them dry with the heat.

Use shampoo only once or maybe twice a week. Oil the hair after using shampoo.

Hope this advice is useful.

I would really like to hear people supporting their claims from the article of Sikh Rehat Maryada . . Thank you.

Wahegurji ka Khalsa , Wahegurji ki Fateh

actually, it depends on what the panj pyarai tell you