Sign in to follow this  
Guest _amli_

Washing Hair

Guest _amli_

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!

i have a question which i will be greatful if could be answered. i am a practicing sikh and hope to take amrit this year. however i was curious as to what the rehat is about washing hair, as in is ther a specific time you should wash it. i mean i have talked to other gursikhs. they wash there hair everyday in the morning with water and let it dry while they do naam abhiyaas in the morning. however i was wondering if it is compolsary to do that. also i wash my hair once a week and i do it in the evening. is that okay. otr is there a specific time you should wash it.

bhul chuk maaf

Guest Guest

It is compulsory to wash the hair every day when you have your Ishnaan in the morning. Most people use just water on a daily basis, and use shampoo every 4+ days. Some people oil their Kesh every day.

Wahegurji ka Khalsa , Wahegurji ki Fateh ,

Veerji congrats for thinking about taking Amrit :)

As far as my knowledge goes there is no specific time to wash hair (or put otherwise, all times are good to wash hair) . I am not aware if it's compulsory to wash hair every morning. None of the Sikhs I know practice this.

For all those who go to Gurdwara to keep Amritvella , this seems to be a very unfeasible as wearing turban on wet hair is not an option.

Wahegurji ka Khalsa , Wahegurji ki Fateh .

Guest '

Wahegurji ka Khalsa , Wahegurji ki Fateh ,

For all those who go to Gurdwara to keep Amritvella , this seems to be a very unfeasible as wearing turban on wet hair is not an option.

Wahegurji ka Khalsa , Wahegurji ki Fateh .

The Rehat I was blessed with asks that Kesh is washed everyday, as the post above says. Kesh can then be towel dried and wearing a dastar is no problem.

Fateh ji

Our kesh should be washed every 4 days, and dried naturally not using hair dryers and what ever you have now days. Washing hair everyday is not compulsory as far as i know.

Sorry if i made a mistake.

Vaheguroo

Guest Guest

Fateh ji

Our kesh should be washed every 4 days, and dried naturally not using hair dryers and what ever you have now days. Washing hair everyday is not compulsory as far as i know.

Sorry if i made a mistake.

Vaheguroo

How can your morning Ishnaan be complete without washing your Kesh? Your Kesh is the most important part of your body...it deserves our full respect and care.

I have long hair and I have never had a problem with drying my Kesh in time in the morning...you will only have problems if you wake up late and need to go to school/work etc and thus do not have time in the morning.

Strictly speaking, for reasons of sucham, you should wash your entire sareer, including Kesh everyday. It isn't a problen once you get used to it.

Guest Khalsa Panth

Ishnaan is not complete without washing the kesh. Gurmat ishnan is to wash the kesh. The head is the shiromani (most important) part of the head, and without washing the hair the head cannot be washed completely.

Leave the hair open whilst doing simran, they should dry, If they don't then u can always dry them in the day time or if u really need to use a heat source (hair dryer, heater).

If going to the gurdwara at amritvela then tie a thick(er) dastar tight, which should make them dry with the heat.

Use shampoo only once or maybe twice a week. Oil the hair after using shampoo.

Hope this advice is useful.

I would really like to hear people supporting their claims from the article of Sikh Rehat Maryada . . Thank you.

Wahegurji ka Khalsa , Wahegurji ki Fateh

Guest Gupt

I would really like to hear people supporting their claims from the article of Sikh Rehat Maryada . . Thank you.

Wahegurji ka Khalsa , Wahegurji ki Fateh

actually, it depends on what the panj pyarai tell you

I noticed if I wash with shampoo every morning then I get bad dandruff so I started washing with shampoo every few days, but I do oil may hair if my hair seems dried out and only put oil in hair when needed. Every morning wash your hair with water because it is nice and neat in a turban or keski it doesnt tend to be all dirty as people think that dont keep their hair. If you did something where your hair got all sweaty then yes wash with shampoo, but other than that wash with shampoo every few days is what I do.

You don't "wash" your hair everyday, you only put water in them everyday, wash every few days. How can you wash without soap? (shampoo in this case)

i have a question which i will be greatful if could be answered. i am a practicing sikh and hope to take amrit this year. however i was curious as to what the rehat is about washing hair, as in is ther a specific time you should wash it. i mean i have talked to other gursikhs. they wash there hair everyday in the morning with water and let it dry while they do naam abhiyaas in the morning. however i was wondering if it is compolsary to do that. also i wash my hair once a week and i do it in the evening. is that okay. otr is there a specific time you should wash it.

bhul chuk maaf

How can you be a practising 'Sikh' if you haven't taken it?

bhul chuk maaf jeeo

Guest woot

bhul chuk maaf

How can you be a practising 'Sikh' if you haven't taken it?

bhul chuk maaf jeeo

woot? that is so cold man! You don't have to have taken amrit to be a sikh. You be a sikh, then as a result you are blessed with amrit. After amrit you are still a sikh. It is just different stages in progression. But you can still be a sikh either way.

punj peyare will tell u rehat and they will never tell u when to wash ur hair ... and they tell u to keep ur hair clean ... u can wash them twice a day or even once a week ... just have a look at ur hair every day in ur kanga ... they will give u a sign its time to wash us ... dont follow the bhed chall ... try and find the reason for the actions which we are told to perform ... all the things which are compulsary are clearly written like to tie dastar twice in a day do kanda twice ... not to eat before doing ur japji and jaap ... to do ardas after standing after ur rehras ... they are all writen hence compulsary ... which is not written any where its upto you ...

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Guest puzz1ed
      That's the genius of the Pakistani troll. By pretending to be a Sikh of his same surname he tries fly under the radar That's why chose puzzledtoo as in order to look respectable initially. So that peeps thought it was you (puzzled). In short puzzled is not the same as Guest puzz1ed. The only thing Mahmud Dulai has to be proud of is a circumcision (not a Dastar)  
    • He keeps his hair and wears a pagh. 
    • Maybe because he didnt sexually abuse anyone.. Why should anyone hate him when they dont him or what the story is. Whose to say me or you are not bigger sinners then him? Hatred is a strong word Singh... is it any less then kaam or humkar?   "Let the one who is without sin strike first"
    • Well done Guest Ban jee . Excellent job, by revealing the  truths of a troll.  I had my doubts since the very beginning he stepped in, he was even told that the type of questions he asked, were not likely to be asked by sikh, upon which he said something like, he was 100 %sikh... he is/was so blinded by trying to prove wrong sikhee under the pretext of science, that, that very his unethical behavoiur, ended by revealing his true foolishness and fakeness  Shame on him...
    • “You were born with potential.
      You were born with goodness and trust.
      You were born with ideals and dreams.
      You were born with greatness.
      You were born with wings.
      You are not meant for crawling, so don’t.
      You have wings (Bhakti).
      Learn to use them and fly.”     “When you look for God,
      God is in the look of your eyes
      In the thought of looking, nearer to you than your self,
      or things that have happened to you There’s no need to go outside.
      Be melting snow.
      Wash yourself of yourself. A white flower grows in the quietness.
      Let your tongue become that flower.”     “You call out, I am the lover,
      But these are mere words.
      If you see lover and Beloved as two,
      you either have double vision,
      or you can’t count.”     “Oh Beloved,
      take me.
      Liberate my soul.
      Fill me with your love and
      release me from the two worlds.
      If I set my heart on anything but you
      let fire burn me from inside.
      Oh Beloved,