Gatka...

gurmzz

Do any of u kno any websites where they talk a lot abt gatka and give tips on doing it?

WJKK WJKF

Forget Gatka, it's just a demo art. Go to:

w w w . s h a s t a r v i d i y a . o r g

(without the spaces, as for some unknown reason, it's a banned website on this forum)

This is the real stuff.

Shastar Vidyia the real stuff?

What about gatka? What’s so bad about it? How many years have you been training for, and do you think your good enough to talk blab?

Before commenting on arts which you have no clue about or studied, it’s best if you make liberal statements. I know you’ve been told else, but what do you personally know in terms of practise.

This attitude you students have towards everybody else really upsets me. It’s really sad, you people are soo lost in your own world. All you think about is who’s bigger, let me just tell you it takes just one strike from Mahraj and your all finished.

The improper and fundamentally wrong publishment, by Mr. Niddar Singh who said “sorry ” for inaccurate research. If your own teacher is historically incorrect, have you then ever thought on how incorrect he would be on statements towards gatka?

I’d suggest you calm down when commenting about things,”think before you speak” ever heard of it?

firstly i have studied both arts, so i can talk "blab". ive done gatka and shastar vidiya, and know from practice that gatka is nothing compared to shastar vidiya. within 6-7 weeks at gatka (one lesson per week) i had easily understood how to use all the weapons they had. no disrespect to the people who taught me at all, but all it is, is spinning in a figure of eight. on the street if u dont have a stick, then gatka doest help much. and doesnt help AT ALL if you are unarmed and the opponent is armed.

the khalsa army would be very closely packed wen going into battle. they would be shoulder to shoulder. now you start spinning your sword around, and you will behead your own soldiers around you.

in Tvareek Guru Khalsa, written in the late 1800s there is a lot of mention on shastar vidiya, and how within 50 odd years, must of our own people will just believe it to be a myth. and you can see that on this forum.

in both Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji, there are dipictions of battles and techniques and fighting forms which are set within shastar vidiya. none of the 3 gatka peantre have any major resemblace to any of the shastar vidiya fighting forms.

how can gatka be such a highly skilled martial art when u can teach how to master the spinning of sticks and swords to children as young as 4 years old?

ive even heard in MANY different gatka ardas, before the akhara begins, the words "sanoo shastar vidiya baksho".

it is not "us" who are in our own world. rather it is "you" who is in "our" world, but u refuse to open your eyes and expand your mind.

my apologise if i have offended you.

Gurfateh.