Is Bhangra Acceptable

Amrit79

Jag Singh - I did provide an example but perhaps you missed it. Anyway it seems you are extremely unsatisfied with all my responses so I will instead direct you to Gurbani so you can figure anything out that way.

Not 'extremely unsatisfied' with any of your responses, just not enough detail for me to understand your post.

When One talks According To There MAt< Mind > thats call MANMAT..... try ask Guru ji everytime rather then arguin on useless things...

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Aasaa on Pannaa 350

Awsw mhlw 1 ]

aasaa mehalaa 1 ||

Aasaa, First Mehla:

vwjw miq pKwvju Bwau ]

vaajaa math pakhaavaj bhaao ||

Make your intellect your instrument, and love your tambourine;

hoie Anµdu sdw min cwau ]

hoe ana(n)dh sadhaa man chaao ||

thus bliss and lasting pleasure shall be produced in your mind.

eyhw Bgiq eyho qp qwau ]

eaehaa bhagath eaeho thap thaao ||

This is devotional worship, and this is the practice of penance.

iequ rMig nwchu riK riK pwau ]1]

eith ra(n)g naachahu rakh rakh paao ||1||

So dance in this love, and keep the beat with your feet. ||1||

pUry qwl jwxY swlwh ]

poorae thaal jaanai saalaah ||

Know that the perfect beat is the Praise of the Lord;

horu ncxw KusIAw mn mwh ]1] rhwau ]

hor nachanaa khuseeaa man maah ||1|| rehaao ||

other dances produce only temporary pleasure in the mind. ||1||Pause||

squ sMqoKu vjih duie qwl ]

sath sa(n)thokh vajehi dhue thaal ||

Play the two cymbals of truth and contentment.

pYrI vwjw sdw inhwl ]

pairee vaajaa sadhaa nihaal ||

Let your ankle bells be the lasting Vision of the Lord.

rwgu nwdu nhI dUjw Bwau ]

raag naadh nehee dhoojaa bhaao ||

Let your harmony and music be the elimination of duality.

iequ rMig nwchu riK riK pwau ]2]

eith ra(n)g naachahu rakh rakh paao ||2||

So dance in this love, and keep the beat with your feet. ||2||

Bau PyrI hovY mn cIiq ]

bho faeree hovai man cheeth ||

Let the fear of God within your heart and mind be your spinning dance,

bhidAw auTidAw nIqw nIiq ]

behadhiaa out(h)adhiaa neethaa neeth ||

and keep up, whether sitting or standing.

lytix lyit jwxY qnu suAwhu ]

laettan laett jaanai than suaahu ||

To roll around in the dust is to know that the body is only ashes.

iequ rMig nwchu riK riK pwau ]3]

eith ra(n)g naachahu rakh rakh paao ||3||

So dance in this love, and keep the beat with your feet. ||3||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1375

---------

bhu qwl pUry vwjy vjwey ]

bahu thaal poorae vaajae vajaaeae ||

One may beat upon and play all sorts of instruments,

nw ko suxy n mMin vswey ]

naa ko sunae n ma(n)n vasaaeae ||

but no one will listen, and no one will enshrine it in the mind.

mwieAw kwrix ipV bMiD nwcY dUjY Bwie duKu pwvixAw ]6]

maaeiaa kaaran pirr ba(n)dhh naachai dhoojai bhaae dhukh paavaniaa ||6||

For the sake of Maya, they set the stage and dance, but they are in love with duality, and they obtain only sorrow. ||6||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=340

---------

nwcu ry mn gur kY AwgY ]

naach rae man gur kai aagai ||

So dance, O mind, before your Guru.

gur kY BwxY nwcih qw suKu pwvih AMqy jm Bau BwgY ] rhwau ]

gur kai bhaanai naachehi thaa sukh paavehi a(n)thae jam bho bhaagai || rehaao ||

If you dance according to the Guru's Will, you shall obtain peace, and in the end, the fear of death shall leave you. ||Pause||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1873

bul chuk maaf

vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh

Onlyfive is one of those people who ignore the posts which he doesn't have a comeback to and keeps going on his tantrums which make no sense. He also seems to think he's "winning"...I have received numerous PM's from members asking me not to respond to you anymore as you just seem delusional now. I don't claim to be a patient man, if this was happening in person then I surely would have punched your face in by now or worse.

Those who do NOT support Bhangra will have to post a latest audio recording of themselves reciting the entire paath of Sri Sukhmani Sahib

Those who DO support Bhangra will have to post a latest video recording of themselves performing Bhangra

Oye, what about the ones who are in the middle? I'm sure I can arrange both for you ;)

Onlyfive is one of those people who ignore the posts which he doesn't have a comeback to and keeps going on his tantrums which make no sense. He also seems to think he's "winning"...I have received numerous PM's from members asking me not to respond to you anymore as you just seem delusional now. I don't claim to be a patient man, if this was happening in person then I surely would have punched your face in by now or worse.

Those who do NOT support Bhangra will have to post a latest audio recording of themselves reciting the entire paath of Sri Sukhmani Sahib

Those who DO support Bhangra will have to post a latest video recording of themselves performing Bhangra

Oye, what about the ones who are in the middle? I'm sure I can arrange both for you wink.gif

aaahhhhhh should I pm starscream to go fetch you a banana.biggrin.gif Would that make you happy

You wanna punch me.laugh.giflaugh.gif Look where that smart mouth of yours got you. Why so Seriouslaugh.gif Threatslaugh.gif

Patients is a virtue.

I think you'll stop now with that smart mouth of yours, but you never know. Some are just born moorakhs.

aaahhhhhh should I pm starscream to go fetch you a banana.biggrin.gif Would that make you happy

You wanna punch me.laugh.giflaugh.gif Look where that smart mouth of yours got you. Why so Seriouslaugh.gif Threatslaugh.gif

Patients is a virtue.

I think you'll stop now with that smart mouth of yours, but you never know. Some are just born moorakhs.

Only Five, you know what, you're a *@@@@

(*every male has it, not sure in your case though)

Patients is a virtue.

Only Five, you know what, you're a @@@@ (*every male has it, not sure in your case though)

Just childish, nothing else to say, just childish behaviour.

It was not threat :rolleyes: Don't be lazy, a Sikh is suppose to do his own work. You go and fetch bananas for me, I will save some money then. After all, by eating banana's everyday is how I became a strong guy :cool: you want my address? Make sure you use express post, I am hungry already...

You are correct, patience is a virtue and I do know I barely have any. But let's not kid ourselves, you don't have much either :rolleyes: Oh and thank you for calling me a moorakh, I had that coming, after all I did call you an i diot previously. Now I will take my own advice and stop talking to idiots like yourself. Oops! I called you an i diot again...hawwww are you going to go cry to your mommy now?

On a serious note, do go back and re read my initial reply. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself by putting words into my mouth and expecting me to 'defend' my opinion. If you are going to hate me for having an opinion then I must say, you need to grow up. Try it one time, it'll do you a lot of good. You may actually learn something for a change, but God forbid that ever happens :rolleyes: