Friend Took Crisps From My Packet

axesingh

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Can those who have completely ruined my post, please stop commenting - you are ruining the concept of this forum. Just be net gangsters on your own msns. Thanks

2) Aimed at Papi

a) in my original post i stated that i maintained a level of humility. i also stated that i informed my friend - if i had taken his crisps, i too would have pollutted his crisps. I think you need to read the post properly. "If someone told me he won't eat the food I touched because it's now polluted, I would be highly offended." you are insane to think this given the fact that he tells you that if he ate your crisps - he would have pollutted yours too. Level playing field mate.

b) how can you say "it's unhygenic to share food". the concept of vand kay shakna is all about sharing. and the concept of langar is about sharing food. Again, if you read my post properly - i asked you to formulate a technical response for me. you have failed to offer anything.

c) Further, your comment "Sucham was not there in the first place, how do you know the person who was involved in making the Crisps kept sucham?" is completely irrelevant. I asked you to explain how I can explain the concept of sucham.

2) Aimed at everyone : it's amazing how people can't explain the concept of "jhooth" and "sucham".

3) Aimed at everyone : my friend is a gora.. i can't say "it's jhootha".

4) Aimed at Prabhjoyt Kaur : so it's ok for me to eat the crisps if my friend wasn't a meat eater???

I still hope the sangat can help instead of bikkar amongst themselves.

Thanks

a) in my original post i stated that i maintained a level of humility. i also stated that i informed my friend - if i had taken his crisps, i too would have pollutted his crisps. I think you need to read the post properly. "If someone told me he won't eat the food I touched because it's now polluted, I would be highly offended." you are insane to think this given the fact that he tells you that if he ate your crisps - he would have pollutted yours too. Level playing field mate.
Your "humility" went down the drain when you used the word polluted to explain why you wouldn't eat them after he took some. I'm pretty sure he didn't realize that it's a "Level playing field mate"...most people won't.

b) how can you say "it's unhygenic to share food". the concept of vand kay shakna is all about sharing. and the concept of langar is about sharing food. Again, if you read my post properly - i asked you to formulate a technical response for me. you have failed to offer anything.
sucham/hygiene is still maintained in 'vand key shakna' because you wash your hands before giving food to others. I wasn't trying to formulate a "technical" response for you nor I am attempting to do that now. It's your fault for using the word 'pollute', go apologize to him and explain what you meant.
c) Further, your comment "Sucham was not there in the first place, how do you know the person who was involved in making the Crisps kept sucham?" is completely irrelevant. I asked you to explain how I can explain the concept of sucham.
It is relevant, how you can say it got jootha when your friend touched it when you do not know if it was sucha in the first place? For all you know, someone touched the crisps with meat hands before they were packaged. The simplest way to explain the concept of jootha/sucha to non-sikhs is to take the hygiene route.

Try to understand being in the shoes of amritdhari's is not easy.

There is no difference between an amritdhari and non-amritdhari in my mind. None is better than the other. This human life is not easy for anyone.

I am sure you see no difference b/w a person who speaks truth and a liar (from NY) ...lol.. *mod edit - but you knew that was coming : )*

Guest Megatron

Starscream: What the...? Megatron! You're... you're dead! I terminated you!

Megatron: Fool. I can not be terminated by a single blast from your puny weapon. I'm sick of your endless quest for power. Especially at the cost of losing mine!

Starscream: Don't just stand there! DO something! Your new leader orders you to slay Megatron!

Megatron: You're a fool Starscream if you think anyone would follow your orders.

Soundwave destroy Starscream

Guest Optimus Prim

It's okay starscream, you know you can always change sides and join the autobots. JOIN THE GOOD GUYS. WEll good robots/transformers.

AUTOBOTS, TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT

Starscream: What the...? Megatron! You're... you're dead! I terminated you!

Don't put words in my mouth, Megabum! I see you've forgotten that you were destroyed by Unicron and turned into an even bigger loser called Galvatron. I will rule the Decepticons!! Just you wait!

And, Soundwave, please control Laserbeak before I rip his head off!!