Need Help

Guest guest

sangat ji wjkk wjkf

I am starting to lose faith with alot of things in my life, including religion which is really starting to worry me. I am sikh but trim my beard and eat meat and often drink alcohol. I have always believed in god and do try and to do japji saihb most mornings. my parents are both amritdhari and always go gurdwara and do bani. They have always given me freedom and have never forced religion on me, they say when you are ready to commit wahaguru will guide you. another problem is, that i am quite lazy and not the most intelligent person in the world. I have no qualifications and am finiding really difficult getting a job which often leads me to a drink or two. I always know in my head and heart that i am doing something wrong but carry on doing it. When i do japji saihb and do ardas I never ask god for anything becasue I know the wrong things i am doin in my life. I am really low on confidence and find it hard to ask for advice in person.

simply, all I am asking is How can get my self out of this rut. How can i stop feeling insecure and be more confident? How do I know god can help me?

I apologise if this article is a bit confusing, but thats my life at the moment....

thank for listening.

wjkk wjkf

I have no qualifications and am finiding really difficult getting a job which often leads me to a drink or two.
Two things:

1) Improve your qualifications, enroll in a course or self-study; that will multiply your chances of landing a job

2) Drinking is not going to magically add to your qualifications. If anything, it'll do the opposite, every time you drink you are killing your very precious brain cells.

simply, all I am asking is How can get my self out of this rut. How can i stop feeling insecure and be more confident?
We all go through ruts, I am going through a Sikhi rut myself these days, it's called Life. It's full of ups and downs, thats what makes it intriguing.
How do I know god can help me?
Thing of it this way, you are breathing, do you make any effort to breathe? Did someone teach you how to breathe? The answer is no to both questions, Waheguru is breathing for you.

Change your sangat, stay around positive people and when you see something you don't like say 'hum nahi changey bura nahi koe'

When i do japji saihb and do ardas I never ask god for anything becasue I know the wrong things i am doin in my life. I am really low on confidence and find it hard to ask for advice in person.

Why don't you ask anything from God. As far as I know thats the only one we should be begging from. Only one who will give and not mention to you later, who will give and forget, who won't ask anything in return.

qU dwqw dwqwru qyrw idqw Kwvxw ]

thoo dhaathaa dhaathaar thaeraa dhithaa khaavanaa ||

You are the Giver, the Great Giver; we eat whatever You give us.

Guru Raam Daas Ji

Raag Sorath

652 [/url]

qU dwqw dwqwru srb duK BMjno jIau ]

thoo dhaathaa dhaathaar sarab dhukh bha(n)jano jeeo ||

You are the Giver, the Great Giver, the Dispeller of all sorrow.

qU dwqw dieAwlu sBY isir Aihinis dwiq smwir kry ]2]

thoo dhaathaa dhaeiaal sabhai sir ahinis dhaath samaar karae ||2||

You are the Merciful Giver, above the heads of all. Day and night, You give gifts, and take care of all. ||2||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Raag Maaroo

qU dieAwlu dieAw kir dyKih duKu drdu srIrhu jweI hy ]5]

thoo dhaeiaal dhaeiaa kar dhaekhehi dhukh dharadh sareerahu jaaee hae ||5||

When You, O Merciful Lord, look with Your kindness, then pain and suffering leave the body. ||5||

AwKih mMgih dyih dyih dwiq kry dwqwru ]

aakhehi ma(n)gehi dhaehi dhaehi dhaath karae dhaathaar ||

People beg and pray, ""Give to us, give to us"", and the Great Giver gives His Gifts.

So why not in ardas, all the time, beg beg and beg like beggers. Guru de ghar na der hai na andher hai, bus sharda (faith) honi chahidee hai

Guest abhilaakhi

When i do japji saihb and do ardas I never ask god for anything becasue I know the wrong things i am doin in my life. I am really low on confidence and find it hard to ask for advice in person.

Why don't you ask anything from God. As far as I know thats the only one we should be begging from. Only one who will give and not mention to you later, who will give and forget, who won't ask anything in return.

qU dwqw dwqwru qyrw idqw Kwvxw ]

thoo dhaathaa dhaathaar thaeraa dhithaa khaavanaa ||

You are the Giver, the Great Giver; we eat whatever You give us.

Guru Raam Daas Ji

Raag Sorath

652 [/url]

qU dwqw dwqwru srb duK BMjno jIau ]

thoo dhaathaa dhaathaar sarab dhukh bha(n)jano jeeo ||

You are the Giver, the Great Giver, the Dispeller of all sorrow.

qU dwqw dieAwlu sBY isir Aihinis dwiq smwir kry ]2]

thoo dhaathaa dhaeiaal sabhai sir ahinis dhaath samaar karae ||2||

You are the Merciful Giver, above the heads of all. Day and night, You give gifts, and take care of all. ||2||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Raag Maaroo

qU dieAwlu dieAw kir dyKih duKu drdu srIrhu jweI hy ]5]

thoo dhaeiaal dhaeiaa kar dhaekhehi dhukh dharadh sareerahu jaaee hae ||5||

When You, O Merciful Lord, look with Your kindness, then pain and suffering leave the body. ||5||

AwKih mMgih dyih dyih dwiq kry dwqwru ]

aakhehi ma(n)gehi dhaehi dhaehi dhaath karae dhaathaar ||

People beg and pray, ""Give to us, give to us"", and the Great Giver gives His Gifts.

So why not in ardas, all the time, beg beg and beg like beggers. Guru de ghar na der hai na andher hai, bus sharda (faith) honi chahidee hai

dear guest couldnt help but add my two bits of info, you would find it very helpful to read a chapter in a book called "say Kinehiya". it is the autobiography of Sant Harnam singh ji rampur khera. the chapter in question is regarding a chap called Gian singh who found it hard to give up alcohol and how he overcame his weakness . the chapter is called "Abandon liquor and poverty will leave You". You can download the book from www.Gurdwarakhera.net or maybe one of the forum members already has a downloaded version they can e mail.The point is when one becomes powerless to control their own mind then we should resort to ardaas infront of our guruji. go on give your self a mission to try and read something that will take you on spiritual quest and give you direction.what have you got to lose !! a few words of gurbani spring to mind that jee ki birtha ho-ay so gur peh ardaas kar tyaagay man ki matri man tan arap dhar, youll find a good translation from the forum members

VEER JI

DONT WORRY MAN

just relax, dont expect too much from yourself, be who you are, respect yourself, theres no competition going on. understand that life isnt about qualifications, it not about being inteligent. seriously just take a step back and live life in each moment as it comes.

realise that the light of God is in you, the truth is within you, connect with your soul, be concious of your actions. become a better person , be helpful and kind to people, do that extra bit to be a better person, go to the gurdwara whenever you can and say a small ardas, do some seva, even if its a little thing like tidying the shoes of sangat, or washing up. and most importanly go and sit in the sangat during divans.

keep up you paath, give yourself to Maharaaj, he will be so pleased if you stop trimming, thats your step toward Maharaj. remember that Maharaj is standing with his arms open, to take us in.

infact you do something like keep the roop of khalsa and Guru ji will be so happy , your whole destiny will change.

stop drinking alcohol, and make it a habit that no matter how down you are you wont resort to drinking. things like this will change your life. it will bring positive changes.

you dont need to expext changes instantly, but when you face tough times in life, its normally a time when you need to take a step towards Maharaj. normally this is your soul crying out, you soul needs feeding, with Naam, with spiritual progress....

take a glance at your sangat, the people you hang around with, and delete all the songs from your mp3/cd player and replace it with kirtan. regardless of what i said, the very least is that you create a relationship with Guru Ji , this is a very personal relationship, and you are in control of it, your connection, its all about the divinity and grace you bring to it, thats what will build the relationship.

dont worry or think to much , jus take them steps in sikhi. its the way forward. there is no doubt about it. the path has been laid for you, the panj piyare followed it, Mahapurash and Bramgiani followed it....shaheeds of the panth followed it, and its a guaranteed path, its been tried and tested, we are the luckiest people, we got it all laid out for us, its like a free ride home....... knowledge,facts, evidence , Marayada, Rehit, To cut your hair or not, to drink alcohol or not, the answers are there, we need to make these decisions, decisions of our spiritual life, then the whole world the universe will serve us.everything is here to serve our life.

Guru ji is our guide, our light, our ship to carry us across this trecherous journey.......... Guru Ji is Ang Sang, everywhere, call upon him, we are never alone. you have the greatest gift of human life, use it wisely, dont get lost in the illusions of the world, tv/films/ going out to pubs and clubs is going to distract you from the truer path.

this isnt advice only for you personally, im not criticising anyone, but jus think about it. the time to act is now, not tomorow, not once we leave school, or leave college, or leave uni, or get a job, or get married, or get to 30, 40 , 50, 60...... we need to sort it out, because its a precious life, time is short, and its running out.......................... its time to wake up

Guest --gupt--

Guru fateh!

1st thing is that be in a good company.

2nd thing if u really want that u start believing god then read stories about our guru's,listen katha,read the meaning of patha & just don't read it....try to follow it....if unable to follow then when u do ardaas ask god that plz save me........read the below shabad............

ik ardaas bhaat keerat kee gur raamdaas raakho sarnaa-ee

sveIey mhly cauQy ky 4, bl´ (1406-8)

sava-ee-ay mahlay cha-uthay kay 4,bal

Swaiyas In Praise Of The Fourth Mehl, Bal

hm Avguix Bry eyku guxu nwhI AMimRqu Cwif ibKY ibKu KweI ]

ham avgun bharay ayk gun naahee amrit chhaad bikhai bikh khaa-ee.

I am overflowing with sins and demerits; I have no merits or virtues at all. I abandoned the Ambrosial Nectar, and I drank poison instead.

mwXw moh Brm pY BUly suq dwrw isau pRIiq lgweI ]

maa-yaa moh bharam pai bhoolay sut daaraa si-o pareet lagaa-ee.

I am attached to Maya, and deluded by doubt; I have fallen in love with my children and spouse.

ieku auqm pMQu suinE gur sMgiq iqh imlµq jm qRws imtweI ]

ik utam panth suni-o gur sangat tih milant jam taraas mitaa-ee.

I have heard that the most exalted Path of all is the Sangat, the Guru's Congregation. Joining it, the fear of death is taken away.

iek Ardwis Bwt kIriq kI gur rwmdws rwKhu srxweI ]4]58]

ik ardaas bhaat keerat kee gur raamdaas raakho sarnaa-ee. ||4||58||

Keerat the poet offers this one prayer: O Guru Raam Daas, save me! Take me into Your Sanctuary! ||4||58||

once upon a time i have listen one katha...........

1) ik jaga alag alag dharam da log bate si.....ik bande na hindu sa puchaya agar koi galti ho jaye toha tavahnu kini bar mafi mildi hai usne bola 2........phir usna sikh sa pucha tavahnu kinni bar mafi mildi toha sikh na kaha guru ji kafi dayalu hai oh bolda jinni bar koi sache dil toha mafi mangne ahanda unni bar mafa karna padada............

par is da matalab ya nahi ki asi ik galti bar bar kare......saja bhi mildi woha bhi itha hi......jikan koi bacha mata pita da kehana nahi manda toha usnu data padhadi us hi tarah guru ji sade mata pita hai galti karange toha data/mar toha padhagi.

2) ik banda nu guru ji toha milna si toha us nu kaha gaya itha batho guru ji da wait karo..........oh wait karda raha 2 din,3din nikal gaye.....guru ji nahi ahaye.....par uska vishawas guru ji na bola hai toha jarur ahayege........bata raha.....guru ji da darshan ho gaye.

Uski avastha bahut uchi si bahut patha karda si......karam changa karda si........or oda naal vishawas si usnu guru ji da utha exam bhi pass kar gaya........is vaste vishawas rakho gurbani vicha gurbani jo kehandi oh sacha hai.....paka vishawas rakho ga toha waheguru ji di kirpa hogi.

Read encouraging stories about guru ji& listen katha........

4th thing plz plz don't spoil u'r life by taking drink,cutting hairs etc.

U have to take efforts to save u'r self from these.Aur guru ji toha satha hai hi.......

Jo kuda di madad nahi karda god usdi nahi karde............

Plz plz don't spoil u'r life.

Life is very kimati.

"ik ik saas amolak jaye hatha na ahave lakhi"-

Our one breadth costs lakhs.

"Avadha ghata dinsa ranare mann gur mil kaga savare"-Dhira dhira life da din ghata rahe hai,guru ji ka satha mil ka apne sare kaaza savarlo"

Once i was also like u don't like studies only take tension.Then waheguru ji di kirpa naal i start reading gurbani......phir dhira dhira samaja ahaya......have to do efforts.......nothing happen by taking lots of tensions......So read gurbani believe in each & every word..........u will gain confidence from it & also read guru ji's stories.

5th thing Plz enroll u'rself to appropriate course which is of u'r interest & which will help u get good job.Work hard to get it.Guru ji is always with all of us.So don't take tension & stop drinking alcohol.

Plz plz plz plz..................

Work hard,don'i spoil u'r life.

Bul chuk mafa!

God bless u.

Guru fateh!