The Ingredients That Go In The Coal Dhoof In Gurdwaras

alias

i dont want the sticks... im looking for the thing that you use a spoon to put the granules ontop of the coal then the smoke comes out...

The ingredients are the same, whether stick form or loose. Are you in the UK /Canada? If so, there are some Nihang Singhs that know how to make it.

uk

ok, ill see if i can find some :)

thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its called DHOOP not dhoof haha

If so, there are some Nihang Singhs that know how to make it.

I dont know if you should use their ways because theyll probably just throw some hash on the fire and claim that as puratan incense.

Just buy some from a store and support a maker that does it for a living(no need to be so cheap just to save a dollar)

the so called "stuff" is all bamun vad....... read the asa di // ......what bamun used to do is these "agar vas ba " they used these incents to make there meals, there mundars , and where they sat to eat by swinging them around them selfs...

nonthing but bamun vad....guru gobind say" jab e ga biprun ki reet ma na karo inn ki preet"

"Gaagan meh thhal rave chand deepak bane, Tarika mandal janak moti.

Dhoop malyanlo pawan chavaro kare, sagal banrai phoolant joti."

( Keertan sohela at ang 13 in Guru granth sahib)

Here Guru Nanak Dev JI tell us that to worship AKAL PURAKH we

do not need thaal, deepak, dhoop, phul etc. And at another place

Gurbani teaches us:-

"Har ki pooja dulambh he santaho,kehna kachhoo na jaee.

Santaho gurmukh poora paee,Namohu pooj karaee,

Har bin sabh kichh mela santoho, kya hao pooj charhaee."

( in Guru granth sahib ang-910)

However dhoop or agarbatti was used in old times to make the

environment pleasant. Any dhhop which we use should not be smokey

one as the smokes released some times cause irritation in throat and

suffocation etc. For the same purpose we can use room fresheners or

some spray with scents to make the environment pleasant.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Its called DHOOP not dhoof haha

If so, there are some Nihang Singhs that know how to make it.

I dont know if you should use their ways because theyll probably just throw some hash on the fire and claim that as puratan incense.

Just buy some from a store and support a maker that does it for a living(no need to be so cheap just to save a dollar)

its only dhoop if your a bahman!:lol:

naa bro i just sa dhoo(n)f cus thats how all the sikhs say it...

either way, its al the same.

c ya

please culd ppl only post if they actualy know what the inggeients is?? and post what im looking for?

mayb it was a mistake to post this up on here...

i would like to know the ingredients, thats it.

and i dont think that it is the samt 'formulation' of the standars dhoof as it gets made into a totaly different substance! (morphologically speaking).

gurfateh.

Mahan Kosh Encyclopediaਸੰ. धूप्. ਧਾ- ਗਰਮ ਕਰਨਾ, ਚਮਕਣਾ, ਬੋਲਣਾ। (2) ਸੰ. {ਸੰਗ੍ਯਾ}. ਗੁੱਗਲ ਚੰਦਨ ਕੁਠ ਕੇਸਰ ਮੋਥਾ ਕਪੂਰ ਅਗੁਰ ਜਾਤੀਫਲ ਆਦਿ ਸੁਗੰਧ ਵਾਲੇ ਪਦਾਰਥਾਂ ਦਾ ਧੂਆਂ. "ਧੂਪ ਮਲਆਨਲੋ ਪਵਣ ਚਵਰੋ ਕਰੈ". (ਸੋਹਿਲਾ) ਦੇਵਮੰਦਿਰ ਅਤੇ ਸਮਾਜਾਂ ਵਿੱਚ ਧੂਪ ਧੁਖਾਉਣ ਦੀ ਰੀਤਿ ਬਹੁਤ ਪੁਰਾਣੀ ਹੈ. ਇਸ ਨੂੰ ਲਾਭਦਾਇਕ ਜਾਣਕੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਰੂਪ ਵਿਚ ਸਾਰੇ ਹੀ ਮਤਾਂ ਨੇ ਅੰਗੀਕਾਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੈ. ਦੇਖੋ, ਬਾਈਬਲ EX ਕਾਂਡ ੩੦ ਆਯਤ ੭. ਅਤੇ ੮। (3) ਉਹ ਵਸਤੁ, ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਜਲਾਉਣ ਤੋਂ ਸੁਗੰਧ ਵਾਲਾ ਧੂਆਂ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋਵੇ। (4) ਸੂਰਜ ਦਾ ਤਾਪ. ਆਤਪ. ਧੁੱਪ। (5) ਚਮਕ. ਪ੍ਰਭਾ. ਸ਼ੋਭਾ. "ਕੁਲ ਰੂਪ ਧੂਪ ਗਿਆਨ ਹੀਨੀ". (ਆਸਾ ਛੰਤ ਮਃ ੫).

Mahan Kosh data provided by Bhai Baljinder Singh (RaraSahib Wale); See http://www.ik13.com

WJKK WJKF

Whats this Dhoop/Dhoof stuff ?? Have heard bout different practices in different Gurdwaras but seriously hearing about Dhoof for the 1st time .

Can someone put photos here to help me understand. .

WJKK WJKF