Going To Beauty Parlour Is Ok For Sikh?

Guest --gupt--

Guest --gupt--

Waheguru ji ka khalsa!Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Guru pyari sadha sangat ji

What u all think whether going to beauty parlour is fine for a sikh?

Now-a-days all over improvement is necessary to become successful in life.

I don't go to beauty parlour.But those who go they have glow in there personality.They look fair.

I feel like i am nothing.I get underestimated by many peoples.I also don't have much good qualities.

I have one good quality that i am religious.

I want to follow all the rehat of guru ji.In future i want to be amritdari.I am a girl.I feel bad that when we chant the name of waheguru anywhere our head is not covered.So i want to wear turbon so that my head will be cover all the time.

Waheguru ji di kirpa naal i have good face cut but glow in my face doesn't come up.

Is there is any home remedies for that?

Also i wanna say that how in these fashionable world i would wear turbon?

everyone see over religious peoples as low-caste.

Shall i ignore them?

But what about when i get marry my husband will also want that her wife look beautiful & should be modern no matter he will be an amritdari.

I wanna follow guru ji's rehat as well as i wanna make my personality glow.Plz advice..............

Bul chuk mafa!

Guru fateh!

What u all think whether going to beauty parlour is fine for a sikh?
If we say "NO", will you stop going? :)
I don't go to beauty parlour.But those who go they have glow in there personality.They look fair.
So fake beauty makes their personality glow? How does that happen?
I feel like i am nothing.I get underestimated by many peoples.I also don't have much good qualities.

I have one good quality that i am religious.

What else do you need then?
Waheguru ji di kirpa naal i have good face cut but glow in my face doesn't come up.

Is there is any home remedies for that?

Yes. Do as much naam simran as you can, with full love and concentration. Also, washing face number of times a day with cold water also helps.
Also i wanna say that how in these fashionable world i would wear turbon?
Like everyone else.
everyone see over religious peoples as low-caste.

Shall i ignore them?

totally
But what about when i get marry my husband will also want that her wife look beautiful & should be modern no matter he will be an amritdari.
Then don't marry any fool who is like that in the first place.
I wanna follow guru ji's rehat as well as i wanna make my personality glow.Plz advice..............
Follow the Rehit and it will glow.

Beauty parlour is a defiantly 'no'. Reason being, to use unnatural chemicals to make yourself look/feel great. (It's not only directed at you) Having a glow is not important, having a truthful glow is.

It's great you consider yourself 'the lowest of the low', but don't let it haunt you. It's about learning the concept of considering 'nothing' as your own. Quite a hard thing to do in life.

A good face cut.....guru jee's kirpa....I too suggest what mehtab bhaji has said about this.

Making a huge step from keeping your kesh uncovered for a long time then switching to wearing a dastaar takes confidence. If you are serious about covering your kesh, ask your parents and see what they would consider. Saying vaheguru with kesh uncovered doesn't make a difference.....you must remember Vaheguru is always in and around you. Keeping kesh covered in the gurudwara is another thing.

I agree with ignoring them....stay safe too.

What makes a wife beautiful is the way she does her work(kam). By work I mean the way she talks, always humble, not swearing, not screwing(by screwing I mean alot of things, so don't ask) all the time, being honest with husband, etc. Trying to look good for anyone isn't beautiful.

Try to follow as much of the rehit you can.

vjkk vjkf

Allow me to put in my 2 cents from female point of view.

Beauty Parlours are absolutely unneccessary. I could actually never understood why they even exist. Don't we have enough time on our hands and enough wisdom to decorate ourselves if we want to (not that I recommend to overrule the GOD given beauty).

There is no need to go anywhere to make yourself look more beautiful than you aleady are. Babaji made you perfect the way he did.

I say it again and again, its the focus of the energy that matters. If you keep paying attention to people who like to do all the ashne bashne, you will notice tons. But instead if you start paying attention, how all the people that you see are so much out of touch with their own souls, then you will see that what are they trying to hide under all that hollowness.

Be content with yourself, whether its beauty, money, happiness, clothes, any other materilistic things in life.

Remember, the richest person in the world is the one who needs/desires least and poorest is who needs/desires the most.

The time you would spend on decorating yourself, could be devoted to do one Japuji Sahib. The money you would spend going to beauty parlour, could be spent to educate some poor child. And then happiness/satisfaction you will get out of doing these things will automatically put a glow on your face.

Try it and tell me after a month, if you still think why one should go to beauty parlours.

Guest --gupt--

What makes a wife beautiful is the way she does her work(kam). By work I mean the way she talks, always humble, not swearing, not screwing(by screwing I mean alot of things, so don't ask) all the time, being honest with husband, etc. Trying to look good for anyone isn't beautiful.

vjkk vjkf

Someone had said me that in these Materialism world along with these things u have to be beautiful from outside like money is imp. with good qualities.

Bul chuk mafa!

This whole beauty thing has been driven into society by many sources; easpecially the media. Everyone has to look a certain way and this is considered being beautiful. Talk about being narrow minded, and judgemental. Especially women are targeted to be objects in this world. They have to dress up for guys, dress half naked to get attention and to be heard. More than ever women are slaves to a mans eye. Then women complain why men don't respect them and why they don't have higher positions in government and in companies. How can these men respect you when your just a peice of meat to them and you behave in that way. Only time they will go to respect you is if they know forsure they will get something in return. And we all know what that is. It's like the dominial effect on both sides. Couple of women start(cuz of the men) the trend and men being perverts like it and even the good men that will say it is wrong fall for it because more women continue to dress inappropriately, become dolls and it just becomes the norm.

The women that do stand up to these men they get labeled as female dogs(you know the word here), stuck up, etc, etc. The men that try to do the same get labeled as homo's, queer, etc, etc. In other words these are the bad people in society and they should be avoided at all times and be cut from a (all) groups. The men and women that are slaves to men by the norm get pushed to not affiliate with the so called stuck up and homo's. It's a vicious cycle of society and the only way to not to be a victim is to stick to Sikhi.

What these perverts see as beautiful is their own insecurities they have in themselves. They are not confident in who they are. So they find ways to hide this and to feel much better about themselves they subject others to the same self-disrespect because it makes them feel better. But truly they are never happy because they move on to other methods to disrespect themselves, which they end up calling the 'new trend'.

People have different definitions of beautiful. And to please each and everyone would be impossible and the person would be described as just an object. If you goal in life is just to be an object then sure do as the norm expects of you.

If your a Sikh of Guru Sahib then you shouldn't be looking at what others think or what society as a norm expects of you. Your attention should be what would Guru Sahib think of me. Guru Sahib said to us to decorate ourselves with his love. To decorate ourselves with Gurbani. A Sikh of the Guru maitains the body, but does not alter it.

And if you look at the Khalsa, Guru Gobind Sahib ji himself defined beautiful. Anyone decorated with the 5 k's and Dastaar that practices Sikhi is beautiful to Guru Sahib. This is the Guru's way.

Guru Sahib has given us the beauty that no one could ever match. The shine that comes off this identity is not describable.

To go to a parlor and alter this beauty is foolish. All the make up, trimming, plucking etc will only push you away from the one that matters.

The choice is yours