Mr Singh

harmandeal

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

i think this shud be called mr sardaar and not mr singh

i think sikhsangat shud have an online mr singh and miss kaur and show what a singh and kaur really shud portray

i will volunteer to participate too

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

THis contest is amazing and this foundation is Remarkable

they have done so much great mahan seva for SIkhi

before kacha sauda ram rahim was in the guiness book of world records

than Akal Purakh Ki Fauj took him out by holding a massive blood camp

they told the government please dont take the blood of innocent Gursikh youth (1984 reference) because we need our blood to help the sick

this contest really helps young men with Sikhi saroop

you should support them this group is Mahan :)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

im not aware of their impact or anything so i guess you may be right in saying that they made a huge ( positive) difference in some aspect, which is always great

but just from seeing the poster ( which , i know, isnt a fair judgment) , it seems that you know the word singh doesnt come to mind when you see those faces, more like sardaar comes to my mind atleast

but again, dont know mcuh about this organization to say good or bad in the end

oh and harmandeal, why not miss kaur?? are u saying it cus of the identities etc? those can be kept secret... although i doubt we are gona come up with the initiative to start such a thing lol

Sadly we have started measuring Sikhs 'Sikhi level' by the size of their dumallas and their cholas.

I have seen many Amritdhari Sikhs - Singhs - with 5 k's - wearing suits etc. It is not wrong, as it is not condemned anywhere in Rehit Maryada. So there is nothing wrong with that poster. Don't think all amritdharis in world wear Dumallas and wear cholas.

Sardar is just a title given by people who respect us. Our real title, that was given by our father Guru Gobind Singh ji is SINGH and KAUR for women.

Coming back to the original poster, it is a very good initiation as it boosts the confidence of many Sikh boys/men all over the world.

WJKK WJKF Ji

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

one thing we have to think about is, will a singh who has a long dhara thats open and wears a gol pag wearing even a kurta pajama lets say liek these guys or w.e it is that theyre wearing, will he ever win? has he ever won? what msg does this give to singhs who have their dharas open everyday and tie a gol pag? what about singhs who have been blessed with a lot of kesh and long long dharas? covering almost their whole lower face? will they ever win?

last time i even saw some mr singh who won and he spoke in HINDI? what kind of singh is that? you should be speaking punjabi, representing the singhs..

something to think about...

yes a singh doesnt have to have a gol pag, he can have a nok style pag and be a bhagat... look at bhai jasbir singh ji khanne wale, they had a nok style type too and they were a great sikh

but it extends to something further than that, what msg is it sending to an everyday singh wiht a long dhara who wears a gol pag ...do you have to tie it and plaster it to ur face and have a small nok style pag to be considered mr singh? in my eyes i dont think thats true i thikn quite the opposite infact, so where are they representing this group?? of course hold these things, but make sure u cater to all of the different styles of ppl out there,thats all im saying, rest inside i dont know what goes on, like the above poster sed some very interesting things about someone and if theyre true thats very very disturbing indeed.

This contest is organized by so called akal purakh di fauj. It is a missionary group with links to kala afghana supporter Giani kewal singh.

These contests are an eye wash to fool us.

Read below

http://www.tribunein...329/punjab1.htm

The jathedar has summoned SGPC member Jaswinder Singh Advocate, convener of Akal Purakh ki Fauj (APF), by taking suo moto action on the report that its Jammu and Kashmir unit had burnt the effigies of Parkash Singh Badal, Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti, Avtar Singh Makkar, Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma, chief, Damdami Taksal, and a section of Sant Samaj following controversy over the Dasam Granth in November last year

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/view/3495/38/

Akal Takht summons SGPC member Jaswinder Singh on March 29

GURPREET SINGH MEHAK Wednesday, 28 March 2007

FATEHGARH SAHIB: Akal Takht Jathedar has summoned Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee member Jaswinder Singh Advocate(39), to appear before five high priests on March 29.

According to sources , Jaswinder Singh, who is SGPC member from Amritsar West is heading an organization 'Akal Purk Ki Fouz' and the organization had burnt the effigy of Punjab Chief Minister and SAD president Parkash Singh Badal by terming him Ravan and showed total five head of this effigy, which showed of Akal Takht Jathedar Joginder Singh Vedanti, SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar, Damdami Taksal chief Baba Harnam Singh Dhuma.

Sources said that these effigies were burnt on December 22, 2006 when some youth organizations and 'Akal Phurk Ki Fouz' protested in Jammu and burnt the effigy of Badal.

During the World Sikh Samelan in 1995, the then Akal Takht Jathedar has assigned the duty to Jaswinder Singh to publish literature of sikh religion in various languages. According to a book published by SGPC giving details of life of SGPC members, " When Jaswinder Singh was only 28 year old, SAD president Parkash Singh Badal has fielded him from Amritsar West." He has developed 'Smart Turban Software' and one 'Turban Tutor' CD.

Sources said that Akal Takht has also summoned Sikh scholar Sukhpreet Singh Udoke, Bhai Saroop Singh of Chandigarh When contacted SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar he said that he has no information about summoning of Jaswinder Singh and others on Akal Takht. He said that it was prerogative of Akal Takht. Efforts to contact Jaswinder Singh and Akal Takht Jathedar proved futile. But Vedanti PA Jagbir Singh confirmed that development that Jaswinder Singh and others has summoned on Akal Takht on March 29.