Mr Singh

harmandeal

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so typical and sad to read the views on Mr Singh, i think you guys rather have mona Sikhs drinking in bars than to have a competition that promotes the identatity of a saab sutar Singh.

I think its a great way to bring pride to many Singhs ,

You just got a negative attitude, we can't do anything about that. Think long term and you'll get out of the negative attitude.

If you put the competition in context of Indian society, it's actually doing a lot of good. Of course nothing in this world is perfect. It's easy for us to sit on a forum and bad mouth it, but we need to look inside ourselves, what have we done to promote anything related to Sikhi on a mass scale as this? I'm sure most of us will have no answer to this question, I know I don't.

If you put the competition in context of Indian society, it's actually doing a lot of good. Of course nothing in this world is perfect. It's easy for us to sit on a forum and bad mouth it, but we need to look inside ourselves, what have we done to promote anything related to Sikhi on a mass scale as this? I'm sure most of us will have no answer to this question, I know I don't.

I can't help anyone into reality when the person has built a fort and locked himself inside and is hold a gernade. People become desperate and don't use there heads in this moment. Consulting Guru Sahib doesn't even come to their minds. Yet they believe what they are up to is true.

Promoting Sikhi as a ritual is not promotion at all. It is called going against Sikhi. India problem and western problem is the same. Both groups refuse to wear Khalsa identity. Promoting it as fashion is promoting a ritual.

Like I said before a person who cut's his hair and practices bhagti is better than these dolls.

I can't help anyone into reality when the person has built a fort and locked himself inside and is hold a gernade. People become desperate and don't use there heads in this moment. Consulting Guru Sahib doesn't even come to their minds. Yet they believe what they are up to is true.

Promoting Sikhi as a ritual is not promotion at all. It is called going against Sikhi. India problem and western problem is the same. Both groups refuse to wear Khalsa identity. Promoting it as fashion is promoting a ritual.

Like I said before a person who cut's his hair and practices bhagti is better than these dolls.

Great post by only five. That is the real problem sikhs are facing. Sikhi without essence on Naam is no sikhi.

Did you watched the competition? I never have, but perhaps there is a element of Gurbani in it?

A little something that has happened to me in the past. People have tried to force me to wear a kurta pajama or a chola or wear my kirpan outside etc. Will wearing any of those things make me a better sikh? not really. Wouldn't this be promoting Sikhis as a ritual? No one has EVER asked me about how my nitnem was going...In fact, I always hear people asking others "oh man when are you going to tie a pugh? I'll help you tie one" but never ever anyone ask someone how their nitnem/simran was going, if they needed some inspiration/help etc. Obviously, just because I have not seen it, doesn't mean it does not happen, but still, one can only speak about what one has experienced. (I have received amrit, as per hukam of Guru Gobind Singh Jee, but I guess that is not enough anymore)

The amount of love i received when I went to India and Pakistan a few years ago by Sikhs who wear only pants/shirt and who tie their dhari was immense, I was simply blown away. I have yet to see such love by chola wearing, dumalla wearing, kirpan displaying amritdhari Sikhs in the Western world.

Did you watched the competition? I never have, but perhaps there is a element of Gurbani in it?

A little something that has happened to me in the past. People have tried to force me to wear a kurta pajama or a chola or wear my kirpan outside etc. Will wearing any of those things make me a better sikh? not really. Wouldn't this be promoting Sikhis as a ritual? No one has EVER asked me about how my nitnem was going...In fact, I always hear people asking others "oh man when are you going to tie a pugh? I'll help you tie one" but never ever anyone ask someone how their nitnem/simran was going, if they needed some inspiration/help etc. Obviously, just because I have not seen it, doesn't mean it does not happen, but still, one can only speak about what one has experienced. (I have received amrit, as per hukam of Guru Gobind Singh Jee, but I guess that is not enough anymore)

The amount of love i received when I went to India and Pakistan a few years ago by Sikhs who wear only pants/shirt and who tie their dhari was immense, I was simply blown away. I have yet to see such love by chola wearing, dumalla wearing, kirpan displaying amritdhari Sikhs in the Western world.

Here have a view for yourself. http://apkf.net/msi.html

I am not going to comment on your life example because very easily I'll turn the tables on you. I wear jeans, shirts, dress pants and never had a Amritdhari that wears a Chola nag at me or not say Fateh. It takes courage to wear the Chola everywhere you go. Sikhs that do wear it have courage and love for Guru Sahib(don't get it twisted by giving example of Brahmins) It's that simple.

Back to the dolls

Look at the awards they hand out here is the list

The winners will be conferred the following titles.

1. Mr. Singh International.2. Mr. Singh International 1st runners up.3. Mr. Singh international 2nd runners up.

In addition to the above, some more titles will also be awarded

1. Gurmat Awareness award. (one out of 14)2. Mr. Impressive Turban.3. Mr. Best costume. (groom dress)4. Mr. Photogenic face.5. Mr. Best Sikh traditional dress.6. Mr. Best performing art.7. Mr. Best Physique.8. Mr. Best Behaviour.9. Mr. Best Smile.10. Mr. Best Eyes.11. Mr. Popular (By Voting)

You got one award being handed out for Gurmat where rest of the 13 awards are handed out for being a doll. Just watch the Promo, you'll have a good laugh at watching dolls. One guy flexed so hard he almost broke a finger nail, it would have cost him the titlelaugh.gif

Mr. Best eyes. Now that's completely related to Sikhi. If you don't have nice eyes then your not going to realize God. For the ones with only one eye, I am sorry to say God doesn't like you and you will be born again and again till your get another eye.tongue.gif