Topic For Boys

Guest paawan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru....

Mod Note: Due to the nature of the topic and the probability of immature and insensitive remarks......this topic will be moderated....To the original poster if u do a search on the board, there have been many discussions about this subject..

Waheguru....

What is the Sikh attitude towards masturbation?

Lust or uncontrolled sexual desire is one of the five evils that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji warns us about time and time again. Masturbation, also referred to as Self-Sex, involves lustful thoughts that inspires or encourages more sexual thoughts and acts, and is therefore not appropriate for a Sikh to engage in. This is mostly seen in adolescence period as they want to satisfy their sexual needs. It is for self pleasure (sexual pleasure using with own or others hands or objects).

In the Sikh way of life masturbation is not considered an acceptable option for quenching physical desire. The Sikh of the Guru has the best option to search for and find the TRUE source of satisfaction and fulfilment in life. Master your mind at this age and you will master the world while quite young.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji says:

ਖਾਲਸਾ ਸੋਇ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਤ ਜੰਗ ।

"The Khalsa is the one who daily engages in battle (with their internal enemies, i.e. the five vices)"

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says:

ਇਸੁ ਤਨ ਮਨ ਮਧੇ ਮਦਨ ਚੋਰ ॥ ਜਿਨਿ ਗਿਆਨ ਰਤਨੁ ਹਿਰਿ ਲੀਨ ਮੋਰ ॥

ਮੈ ਅਨਾਥੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਹਉ ਕਾਹਿ ॥ ਕੋ ਕੋ ਨ ਬਿਗੂਤੋ ਮੈ ਕੋ ਆਹਿ ॥੧॥

"(As a consequence of my fickle mind, now) within the body and mind are thieves like sexual desire, which has stolen my jewel of spiritual wisdom. I am a poor orphan, O God; unto whom should I complain? Who has not been ruined by sexual desire? What am I? ||1||"

(Ang 1194)

No matter what your age or situation, a good way to control your sexual energy is by doing a lot of physical exercise. You need to sweat, sweat, sweat. Run, play soccer, basketball, cricket - what ever sport you like. Long cold showers are also good for transmitting sexual energy, and they are great for the nervous system. Do something creative, like painting, writing, or cycling - what ever you like! The important thing is to use some discipline. Do the above things on a regular basis and if you are spontaneously hit with sexual desires, instead of reaching for the computer, go do something I mentioned above. If you are serious about wanting to control this energy, then you will have to discipline yourself into helping yourself.

MEDICAL SIDE-EFFECTS

According to science, practising masturbation makes one weak and can lead to both psychological and physiological imbalances. Frequent masturbation and ejaculation stimulate acetylcholine/ parasympathetic nervous functions excessively, resulting in the over production of sex hormones and neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin. Abundant and unusually amount of these hormones and neurotransmitters can cause the brain and adrenal glands to perform excessive dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine conversion and turn the brain and body functions to be extremely sympathetic. In other words, there is a big change of body chemistry when one excessively practices masturbation.

The side effects of such changes to the body include:

* Fatigue

* Feeling tired all the time

* Lower back pain

* Stress / Anxiety

* Thinning hair / Hair Loss

* Soft / Weak Erection

* Premature Ejaculation

* Eye floaters or fuzzy vision

* Groin / Testicular Pain

* Peyronie's disease

* Pain or cramp in the pelvic cavity or/and tail bone

Through constant Ardaas (prayer) asking for God's help & blessings along with Japping Naam (meditating on God's Name) and keeping company of the Saadh Sangat (the company of the Holy) the five thieves (lust, anger, greed, attachment and ego) run away. In addition cold showers, heavy exercise, altering one's diet, and limiting the sources of your visual stimulation help to control Kaam (sexual desires).

Gurbani says:

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

ਰਾਖੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮੇਰੇ ॥

ਮੋਹਿ ਨਿਰਗੁਨੁ ਸਭ ਗੁਨ ਤੇਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

ਪੰਚ ਬਿਖਾਦੀ ਏਕੁ ਗਰੀਬਾ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਰਾਖਨਹਾਰੇ ॥

ਖੇਦੁ ਕਰਹਿ ਅਰੁ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਸੰਤਾਵਹਿ ਆਇਓ ਸਰਨਿ ਤੁਹਾਰੇ ॥੧॥

ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਹਾਰਿਓ ਅਨਿਕ ਬਹੁ ਭਾਤੀ ਛੋਡਹਿ ਕਤਹੂੰ ਨਾਹੀ ॥

ਏਕ ਬਾਤ ਸੁਨਿ ਤਾਕੀ ਓਟਾ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਟਿ ਜਾਹੀ ॥੨॥

ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਸੰਤ ਮਿਲੇ ਮੋਹਿ ਤਿਨ ਤੇ ਧੀਰਜੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥

ਸੰਤੀ ਮੰਤੁ ਦੀਓ ਮੋਹਿ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥੩॥

ਜੀਤਿ ਲਏ ਓਇ ਮਹਾ ਬਿਖਾਦੀ ਸਹਜ ਸੁਹੇਲੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਨਿ ਭਇਆ ਪਰਗਾਸਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਪਦੁ ਨਿਰਬਾਣੀ ॥੪॥੪॥੧੨੫॥

"Gauree, Fifth Mehl: Save me, O My Father God. I am worthless and without virtue; all virtues are Yours. ||1||Pause|| The five vicious thieves (lust, anger, greed, attachment and ego) are assaulting my poor being; save me, O Savior Lord! They are tormenting and torturing me. I have come, seeking Your Sanctuary. ||1|| Trying all sorts of things (to save myself from these five vicious thieves), I have grown weary, but still, they will not leave me alone. But I have heard that they can be rooted out, in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; and so I seek their Shelter. ||2|| In their Mercy, I have met Your Saints, and from them I have obtained satisfaction. The Saints have given me the Mantra which makes one Fearless (against the five vicious thieves), and now I practice the Word of the Guru's Shabad in my life. ||3|| (As a result of the spiritual peace giving Bani) I have now conquered those terrible evil-doers, and my speech is now sweet and sublime. Says Nanak! (now) the Divine Light has dawned within my mind; I have obtained that state of Nirvaanaa where no desire can effect me. ||4||4||125||"

(Ang 205)

http://www.sikhism101.com/node/139

WJKK WJKF Ji

just me its a valid topic the reason so many kids are messed up is bcoz our elders dnt talk about stuff like this with us. give teh guy a break good topic and so what if its been mentioned b4 there a alwys new people /posts!!

MASTURBATION

The men who masturbate do not realize the physical difference between ejaculations. The difference is that ejaculation through masturbation pressurizes the gray matter. It is heavy on the brain. It creates more problems than any sexual activity. To be very frank with you, homosexual interplay is better than masturbation.

Masturbation causes a triple action on the pituitary gland which takes away your power to concentrate. Running is a good substitute for masturbation.

In masturbation the glandular system is over-pressurized. The nervous system is drained to death. It is a forced situation. But in intercourse, it is normal. In one masturbation, the pressure on your body is more than you can ever consider handling. But even when you ejaculate one time after the other in intercourse, there’s no pressure on the nervous system, and so that makes a lot of difference. In intercourse the woman’s energy is there, and that’s what intercourse is.

In masturbation, the woman’s energy is right there (in your mind), but you are doing it to yourself. It means you are forcing your system to go into a space where there is no orderliness. It is a solo, and it is a very painful solo. It’s not very normal.

Sometimes the atmosphere and the weather itself can trigger masturbation. You become sensual, sexual, you cannot find a partner and you end up masturbating. Fortunately, for women there is no such thing as masturbation so she has nothing to worry about (see Women’s chapter), but for men it is really a problem.

--- Harbhajan singh yogi

and if ur in it then start playing some sport and go for targets in ur in it and if u set a target like Not any more ... u will not be able to control it for 2 days ... set a target ... No more faping in current month of oct ... then go for 15 days then 20 and so on ...

I can't recall the exact tuk but there's one particular line in Maharaj which states that a saint does not waste even a drop of his seed. I think the shabad was about self-control.

Essentially, masturbation is like an animal desire that we need to control. You need to master the desires of the body.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID=G&PageNo=&ShabadID=4136

Bhagat Kabeer Ji in Raag Bhairao on Ang 1159

so mulW jo mn isau lrY ]

so mulaa(n) jo man sio larai ||

He alone is a Mullah, who struggles with his mind,

gur aupdyis kwl isau jurY ]

gur oupadhaes kaal sio jurai ||

and through the Guru's Teachings, fights with death.

kwl purK kw mrdY mwnu ]

kaal purakh kaa maradhai maan ||

He crushes the pride of the Messenger of Death.

iqsu mulw kau sdw slwmu ]1]

this mulaa ko sadhaa salaam ||1||

Unto that Mullah, I ever offer greetings of respect. ||1||

hY hjUir kq dUir bqwvhu ]

hai hajoor kath dhoor bathaavahu ||

God is present, right here at hand; why do you say that He is far away?

duMdr bwDhu suMdr pwvhu ]1] rhwau ]

dhu(n)dhar baadhhahu su(n)dhar paavahu ||1|| rehaao ||

Tie up your disturbing passions, and find the Beauteous Lord. ||1||Pause||

kwjI so ju kwieAw bIcwrY ]

kaajee so j kaaeiaa beechaarai ||

He alone is a Qazi, who contemplates the human body,

kwieAw kI Agin bRhmu prjwrY ]

kaaeiaa kee agan breham parajaarai ||

and through the fire of the body, is illumined by God.

supnY ibMdu n dyeI Jrnw ]

supanai bi(n)dh n dhaeee jharanaa ||

He does not lose his semen, even in his dreams;

iqsu kwjI kau jrw n mrnw ]2]

this kaajee ko jaraa n maranaa ||2||

for such a Qazi, there is no old age or death. ||2||

so surqwnu ju duie sr qwnY ]

so surathaan j dhue sar thaanai ||

He alone is a sultan and a king, who shoots the two arrows,

bwhir jwqw BIqir AwnY ]

baahar jaathaa bheethar aanai ||

gathers in his outgoing mind,

ggn mMfl mih lskru krY ]

gagan ma(n)ddal mehi lasakar karai ||

and assembles his army in the realm of the mind's sky, the Tenth Gate.

so surqwnu CqRü isir DrY ]3]

so surathaan shhathra sir dhharai ||3||

The canopy of royalty waves over such a sultan. ||3||

jogI gorKu gorKu krY ]

jogee gorakh gorakh karai ||

The Yogi cries out, ""Gorakh, Gorakh"".

ihMdU rwm nwmu aucrY ]

hi(n)dhoo raam naam oucharai ||

The Hindu utters the Name of Raam.

muslmwn kw eyku Kudwie ]

musalamaan kaa eaek khudhaae ||

The Muslim has only One God.

kbIr kw suAwmI rihAw smwie ]4]3]11]

kabeer kaa suaamee rehiaa samaae ||4||3||11||

The Lord and Master of Kabeer is all-pervading. ||4||3||11||

There's some very strong postings above. It's essential to discuss this topic particularly as western society and SE taught at school seems to be encouraging masterbation more and more. We need to get a Gurmat take on this and understand the impact of masterbation on our jeevans. Please keep this topic mature as well as moderated.

Guest Singhji

MASTURBATION

The men who masturbate do not realize the physical difference between ejaculations. The difference is that ejaculation through masturbation pressurizes the gray matter. It is heavy on the brain. It creates more problems than any sexual activity. To be very frank with you, homosexual interplay is better than masturbation.

Masturbation causes a triple action on the pituitary gland which takes away your power to concentrate. Running is a good substitute for masturbation.

In masturbation the glandular system is over-pressurized. The nervous system is drained to death. It is a forced situation. But in intercourse, it is normal. In one masturbation, the pressure on your body is more than you can ever consider handling. But even when you ejaculate one time after the other in intercourse, there’s no pressure on the nervous system, and so that makes a lot of difference. In intercourse the woman’s energy is there, and that’s what intercourse is.

In masturbation, the woman’s energy is right there (in your mind), but you are doing it to yourself. It means you are forcing your system to go into a space where there is no orderliness. It is a solo, and it is a very painful solo. It’s not very normal.

Sometimes the atmosphere and the weather itself can trigger masturbation. You become sensual, sexual, you cannot find a partner and you end up masturbating. Fortunately, for women there is no such thing as masturbation so she has nothing to worry about (see Women’s chapter), but for men it is really a problem.

--- Harbhajan singh yogi

Vah va dhan harbhajan singh khalsa jogi ji

:D :D Great Understanding :sleep: