Haunted

Guest YesWeCan

Guest YesWeCan

Recently i have been having a few problems at night, i am terrified to sleep alone and i'm in my 20's it started off by me researching into the paranormal as i have some interest in finding out about the spirit world.it started off my me wanting to find out why i always wake up at 3am every morning feeling scared for no reason at all.

I can't sleep at night i feel like something is watching me, i wake up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding and scared for no reason at all. sometimes i am woken up by my parents and im screaming and i don't even know why im always muttering something in my sleep and often sleep walk. i have to sleep with the lights on and often wake up sweating i do chaupai sahib and repeat it until i can sleep again but this fear does not seem to go away.

i don't know what it is but its scaring me i do my bani all the time but sometimes i feel like there is something inside me telling me not to read bani i have not slept in my room for a few weeks as i am now even scared when the lights are on. my parents think that i have some kind of veham inside me but i really don't know why i feel like this.

is there anyone i can speak to? or any recomended bani, anything anyone can say to help me would be greatful as it is ruining my life.

do you do ardas and kirtan sohila at night? also rakeyah deh shabad would be recommended

It might help if u put sukhmani sahib at night as you will have bani on da mind before sleeping!

an c it as a blessing ur waking up at 3, try n use that fear urself to scare urself into japin naam, sum gursikhs die for the chance to wake up at amritvela and jap naam!

kp urself surounded with as much naam and bani as u can

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

i think you should definitely read kirtan sohila and really concentrate..if you do NOTHING CAN COME NEAR U while u sleep, even if u were to die in ur sleep no jamdoot will come to you, you can consider yourself protected.. and i agree with your parents it is vehm.. why? because you seem to be having panic attacks in the middle of the night.. ie nightmares etc..i highly HIGHLY suggest that you go to see your doctor and then your psychiatrist..this really sounds like a psychological issue which can be fixed, so please do go as soon as you possibly can because youdont want to get worse

also, being that this is a problem with the psyche of the mind, i suggest that you try relaxing techniques before you sleep as well as do some simran... you have to explain to your mind that you are a guru da sikh, nothing can touch you, any spirit or anything is AFRAID of YOU! why should you be scared? do you think that these spirits which were also created by god can do anything to akal purakhs sikh? no way! thats crazy thinking, right?

so you really have to explain to your mind that you know even if something is there that i feel or i have that fear, it actually is just a fabrication of my own mind and the fears that i have built inside of me, i have to become fearless because i am protected with guru ji's naam.

again, do go see a psychiatrist and i suggest u stop looking at paranormal things, those are all just make believe things and ppl trying to make money..if something doesnt sit well with you why would u watch it, right? like if you dont drink spoiled milk cus it doesnt sit well with u, then why watch paranormal things if they dont suit u?

so relax, it's all in the minds imagination, nothing really exists there:)

but guaranteed kirtan sohila done with concentration, you wont get nightmares and you shouldhave NO REASON to be scared whatsoever

Recently i have been having a few problems at night, i am terrified to sleep alone and i'm in my 20's it started off by me researching into the paranormal as i have some interest in finding out about the spirit world.it started off my me wanting to find out why i always wake up at 3am every morning feeling scared for no reason at all.

I can't sleep at night i feel like something is watching me, i wake up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding and scared for no reason at all. sometimes i am woken up by my parents and im screaming and i don't even know why im always muttering something in my sleep and often sleep walk. i have to sleep with the lights on and often wake up sweating i do chaupai sahib and repeat it until i can sleep again but this fear does not seem to go away.

i don't know what it is but its scaring me i do my bani all the time but sometimes i feel like there is something inside me telling me not to read bani i have not slept in my room for a few weeks as i am now even scared when the lights are on. my parents think that i have some kind of veham inside me but i really don't know why i feel like this.

is there anyone i can speak to? or any recomended bani, anything anyone can say to help me would be greatful as it is ruining my life.

Bro not good news at all

Gurjant singh, has stated some really good suggestions!

Hardkaurwarriors - This girl obviously has no experience of paranormal activity, not everyone is blessed to experience it so dont listen to her. :cool:

Right, how can i start, my whole life up to the age well nearly 30 years of my life, I have had all types of experiences with paranormal activity.

The feeling of being watched, this 6th sense you pick up is actually very true indeed. Your spirit knows it and feels it. You may even probably have a shivering kind of feeling (happens to me) , but the body, mind and egos try to ignore it, but its all very true.

Most spirits try to make people scared in many ways, they use fear to break you down, lessen your aura light (energy) around your body, when this energy goes really low, then they can really harm you.

Not to fear singh, do what Gurjant singh has said, put on Sukhmani sahib and leave it playin in the room that gives you trouble. Depending on how strong this Rooh is, it probably will not leave without a fight. It may just leave after playing sukhmani sahab for say a week. All cases like these are unique so i cannot say if it will go or stay. Its best to get some Giani's over and do a sahaj paath and do ardas.

Other tips to help you. (not sure if ur amrithari)

Wear a sarbloh kara

Put a kirpan, under your pillow

get a steel glass full of water and put it next to your bed and clean and change it daily. (spirits dont like water)

Another very good tip is go to the gurdwara and get, Jhot, tell the Giani that you want some of the quo (The gee thing) used at akhand paths to keep the fire running, and setup one of them at home! You ned that white thread thingy to make the fire. Make sure it has some of the quo in it that you got from the gurdwara (as it is holy and pure). This 100% works and you will feel shanti in the room and peace. I am talkin from experience and i now others that have done it and its worked for them :)

Do paat for protection when you feel scared.

Balavan mahala panjua - Thati vou na lagi, parbharam surnai, chougird hamarai ram kaar (around my I am protected by sri rams circle), dukh lagay na bhai (no pain or suffering will come to me while in their protection).

Its small repeat it when you are scared and keep doing it. I cannot find this on gurbani search, maybe ask your parents or uncle.

Or do Benti Chaupai.

Bro this is all too real, but dont freak out!!! I have this crap going on in my life, and Im kinda used to it now, theres nothing i can do to stop it, other than do paath for protection and lessen it.

Best thing to do is, Avoid it , try not to sleep in the room with trouble. Now this can be a experiment you can do, get someone else to sleep in that room for a few days and see if they get the same feeling of being watched. :lol: I know im laughing but serioulsy this is not a laughing matter. I hope my advice helps you in some way. Please reply back and I may be able to help you further.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Bro not good news at all

Hardkaurwarriors - This girl obviously has no experience of paranormal activity, not everyone is blessed to experience it so dont listen to her. :cool:

Right, how can i start, my whole life up to the age well nearly 30 years of my life, I have had all types of experiences with paranormal activity.

The feeling of being watched, this 6th sense you pick up is actually very true indeed. Your spirit knows it and feels it. You may even probably have a shivering kind of feeling (happens to me) , but the body, mind and egos try to ignore it, but its all very true.

Most spirits try to make people scared in many ways, they use fear to break you down, lessen your aura light (energy) around your body, when this energy goes really low, then they can really harm you.

Not to fear singh, do what Gurjant singh has said, put on Sukhmani sahib and leave it playin in the room that gives you trouble. Depending on how strong this Rooh is, it probably will not leave without a fight. It may just leave after playing sukhmani sahab for say a week. All cases like these are unique so i cannot say if it will go or stay. Its best to get some Giani's over and do a sahaj paath and do ardas.

Wear a sarbloh kara

get a steel glass full of water and put it next to your bed and clean and change it daily. (spirits dont like water)

Another very good tip is go to the gurdwara and get, Jhot, tell the Giani that you want some of the quo (The gee thing) used at akhand paths to keep the fire running, and setup one of them at home! You ned that white thread thingy to make the fire. Make sure it has some of the quo in it that you got from the gurdwara (as it is holy and pure). This 100% works and you will feel shanti in the room and peace. I am talkin from experience and i now others that have done it and its worked for them :)

Balavan mahala panjua - Thati vou na lagi, parbharam surnai, chougird hamarai ram kaar (around my I am protected by sri rams circle), dukh lagay na bhai (no pain or suffering will come to me while in their protection).

Its small repeat it when you are scared and keep doing it. I cannot find this on gurbani search, maybe ask your parents or uncle.

Or do Benti Chaupai.

Bro this is all too real, but dont freak out!!! I have this crap going on in my life, and Im kinda used to it now, theres nothing i can do to stop it, other than do paath for protection and lessen it.

Best thing to do is, Avoid it , try not to sleep in the room with trouble. Now this can be a experiment you can do, get someone else to sleep in that room for a few days and see if they get the same feeling of being watched. :lol: I know im laughing but serioulsy this is not a laughing matter. I hope my advice helps you in some way. Please reply back and I may be able to help you further.

" the soldier" if you heard the things i or my family experience you'd prolly sh** ur pants but unlike you i dont tell ppl im blessed cus this and this happens to me, so way w.e u want.

but because im aware of psychological things i dont want him to have this engrained in his mind.. he can fight it in diff ways, this might be a fabrication of his mind and he is displaying specific symptoms that would be of concern to a psychiatrist.

what does really exist i am fully aware of, but the illusions of the mind that also exist in terms of psychology i am also fully aware of. Both things exist and measures can be taken to deal with both.

Some amazing tips in the posts above.

- Wear a sarbloh Kara at all times.

- Do Kirtan Sohila, Rakhea De Shabad and Bilaval Mohalla 5.

- Get some Chardikalla Rehitvaan Singhs to come to your house and conduct an Akhand Paath Sahib.

ਬਿਲਾਵਲੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

Bilāval mėhlā 5.

Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:

ਤਾਤੀ ਵਾਉ ਨ ਲਗਈ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਸਰਣਾਈ ॥

Ŧāṯī vā▫o na lag▫ī pārbarahm sarṇā▫ī.

The hot wind does not even touch one who is under the Protection of the Supreme Lord God.

ਚਉਗਿਰਦ ਹਮਾਰੈ ਰਾਮ ਕਾਰ ਦੁਖੁ ਲਗੈ ਨ ਭਾਈ ॥੧॥

Cẖa▫ugiraḏ hamārai rām kār ḏukẖ lagai na bẖā▫ī. ||1||

On all four sides I am surrounded by the Lord's Circle of Protection; pain does not afflict me, O Siblings of Destiny. ||1||

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਭੇਟਿਆ ਜਿਨਿ ਬਣਤ ਬਣਾਈ ॥

Saṯgur pūrā bẖeti▫ā jin baṇaṯ baṇā▫ī.

I have met the Perfect True Guru, who has done this deed.

ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਉਖਧੁ ਦੀਆ ਏਕਾ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Rām nām a▫ukẖaḏẖ ḏī▫ā ekā liv lā▫ī. ||1|| rahā▫o.

He has given me the medicine of the Lord's Name, and I enshrine love for the One Lord. ||1||Pause||

ਰਾਖਿ ਲੀਏ ਤਿਨਿ ਰਖਨਹਾਰਿ ਸਭ ਬਿਆਧਿ ਮਿਟਾਈ ॥

Rākẖ lī▫e ṯin rakẖaṇhār sabẖ bi▫āḏẖ mitā▫ī.

The Savior Lord has saved me, and eradicated all my sickness.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਭਈ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਏ ਸਹਾਈ ॥੨॥੧੫॥੭੯॥

Kaho Nānak kirpā bẖa▫ī parabẖ bẖa▫e sahā▫ī. ||2||15||79||

Says Nanak, God has showered me with His Mercy; He has become my help and support. ||2||15||79||

There is an amazing kirtan of this shabad by Bhai Harjinder Singh Sri Nagar Wale.

WJKK WJKF Ji

Bro not good news at all

Wear a sarbloh kara

Or do Benti Chaupai.

" the soldier" if you heard the things i or my family experience you'd prolly sh** ur pants but unlike you i dont tell ppl im blessed cus this and this happens to me, so way w.e u want.

but because im aware of psychological things i dont want him to have this engrained in his mind.. he can fight it in diff ways, this might be a fabrication of his mind and he is displaying specific symptoms that would be of concern to a psychiatrist.

what does really exist i am fully aware of, but the illusions of the mind that also exist in terms of psychology i am also fully aware of. Both things exist and measures can be taken to deal with both.

Let the YesWeCan decide who he chooses to listen to. Your seriously causing offense and insult to the thread creator by calling him mentally retarded, well done. He does not need to waste time and money in seeing a psychiatrist.

Its a shame you call ur self Hardkaurwarriorz and then go about not telling him the truth abt things that go "bump in the night" and have to give him other random garbage.

Then on top of that you say you have experience in this matter :D Btw have u studied psychology Hmmm

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

re read my post smart @@@ i wasnt saying that paranormal things dont exist at all i clearly sed that yes they do EXIST but psychological thins also exist, does that mean hes crazy?? no

does someone with insomnia mean that theyre mental now? no. but do they fall under a psychological realm? yes.

i was saying BOTH exist and you have to rule out BOTH in order to solve ur problem. didnt you read the part where i said that me and my family have experienced things that would make you sh** ur pants?? so doesnt that mean i acknowledge they exist? that link isnt that hard to make..

it's better for ex to solve a problem of tics before it progresses to hardcore OCD, which if a person waited until they developed OCD they would experience worse symptoms..

and whether i know about psychology? well i didnt want to say it but you're making me say it now, yes i DO know about psychology, most of my electives in undergrad were on psychology and not only that im in medicine and in medicine you learn about psychology AS WELL i have done dealth with patients in PSYCHIATRIC WARDS where the most psychotic of patients are.. now you tell me whether i know anything about psychology

If I was the thread starter I wouldn't take advice from either of you ... would you? At one point you both come across as understanding and the next you on at each other for no reason. Soldier you say that the thread start can choose who he listens to, then what was the need to negatively comment on hardkaurwarriorz comments?

anything anyone can say to help me would be greatful as it is ruining my life
This person is having trouble - he/she turned to SANGAT for help - and this is what they get, a show of Ego.

@ 'theSoldier' - do Naam Simran before you sleep, from experience I have felt that 15 mins of Simran before I sleep continues within me while I am sleeping, whenever I turn or awake for even a second my mind is still absorbed in Simran. Nothing disturbs you in this state, no thoughts, no spirits, no fear. I have not yet been blessed with Guru Gobind Singh Ji's 5 kakar or Amrit but Guru Ji is kind to us all regardless so please do not think that you have to be at a certain 'level' to benefit from Naam Simran.

It may be worth investing in this: http://www.soundasleeppillow.co.uk/ - hook up an mp3 player to it and listen to Simran/Gurbani all night long. Find Simran on youtube and convert to mp3:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=waheguru+simran&search_type=&aq=0&oq=waheguru+sim

The ones that I personally listen to are:

Convert to mp3 here: http://www.vidtomp3.com/ (I warn you in advance that sometimes the advertising on this sight includes nude photos, just adjust the size of the browser so you ain't looking at it or use another site http://www.video2mp3.net/# but it's not as good.

I hope this has helped you. May Waheguru Ji keep you in his shelter always.