Wolverhampton Sikhs So Dry ?

squuid

SAT SHRI AKAAL , Sangat ji 

A very nice  Frnd  of  mine  on internet  from   Wolverhampton , He is White Skin . who  want to know  more abt Sikhi and loves Guru Granth Sahib  ji  from heart  , visted  Gurudwara Sahib twice ,  told  me that   no one   talked  to  him   and he only got    strange looks  from few . 

is there  anyone  from  this City who can introduce Him to  Sangat ,when  he  visit Gurdwara sahib again ?

wahe guru ji ki fateh 

Same thing happened to me too when i visited the local Gurdwara sahib for the first few times.. slowly people started talking to me though and asking questions. I was also too shy to talk to anyone, partly because everyone was speaking punjabi. For some time i didn't even feel like going to the Gurdwara because of feeling left out and getting stares (though i know it was just curiousity but i wished they had said hello or something instead of just staring).

But really, this is something we should address... if someone is coming to the Gurdwara for the first time or seems new/confused/lost/alone, then we should approach them and make them feel more at home.. just a smile and a fateh would make a difference.

Otherwise we might be unconsciously driving people away from Guru Sahib's door.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ki fateh

There is always the idiots that will try to chase off curious potential Sikhs because they are insecure about themselves not following Sikhi, they only have bad attitudes because they dont follow Guru Sahibs Shabad and they forfeit their Sikhi.

Dont be discouraged because then the derelicts think they win. If someone tries to scare you off then battle them with kindness and they will shrivel up like the wicked witch of the west in The Wizard of Oz. The thing they hate the most is to be smiled at when they are trying to shadow you with bad attitutdes.

Just learn Sikhi and if some people contradict Gur Sikhi then let them fall off the cliff(cause you can never help someone drink milk who is lactos intolerant)

I used to have iidiots try to lie to me all the time, Ive even been tested big time by a baba radosuami from india that saw me in my nieghborhood and wanted to come to my house. He was trying to teach me that I need a spiritual teacher to learn about God, I said I have one come to my house and then he saw I had Guru Granth Sahib Saroop :lol: but at least he matha teked so he wasnt "too arrogant" :p

Im thinking about writing a book for people that are thinking about converting??????

There is always the idiots that will try to chase off curious potential Sikhs because they are insecure about themselves not following Sikhi, they only have bad attitudes because they dont follow Guru Sahibs Shabad and they forfeit their Sikhi.

Dont be discouraged because then the derelicts think they win. If someone tries to scare you off then battle them with kindness and they will shrivel up like the wicked witch of the west in The Wizard of Oz. The thing they hate the most is to be smiled at when they are trying to shadow you with bad attitutdes.

Just learn Sikhi and if some people contradict Gur Sikhi then let them fall off the cliff(cause you can never help someone drink milk who is lactos intolerant)

I used to have iidiots try to lie to me all the time, Ive even been tested big time by a baba radosuami from india that saw me in my nieghborhood and wanted to come to my house. He was trying to teach me that I need a spiritual teacher to learn about God, I said I have one come to my house and then he saw I had Guru Granth Sahib Saroop laugh.gif but at least he matha teked so he wasnt "too arrogant" tongue.gif

Im thinking about writing a book for people that are thinking about converting??????

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru ji Ki Fateh.

Ask your friend to come to Aldersley stadium on Saturday the 31st October, there will be sikhs and non sikhs from all over the country taking part in the SeeQ annual football tournament. There will be Langar served and lots of information on Sikhi on posters, leaflets stands etc. Plus its all for charity....!

Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Which gurdwara in wolves did he/she go?

Nanaksar Taath in wolves on Saturdays 5pm-ish has quite a few youth around. Santhiya by Bhai Baldip Singh is at 5:30 and theres tabla classes as well.

If they like reading gurbani might be good idea to come santhiya. Loads of young people (8-9 year olds up to 30ish) are just starting now so might be a good idea to join group. They have a bit of a laugh in the classes and are starting from basics of alphabet...might be good to get to know the sangat.

Ill be there and im quite friendly...ish.