Whats The Point Of A Big Turban ?

Amrit79

Who said anything bad about the man in the picture? So, if you saw him walking down the street, are you telling me you wouldn't stare and be curious about it?

That's all I see here. People are just wondering why he wears such an extraaaaaaaaaaa large turban.

"Servant of the Khalsa", before you give a tongue lashing next time, please check if there is something obstructing your view between you, and the masses.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said anything bad about the man in the picture? So, if you saw him walking down the street, are you telling me you wouldn't stare and be curious about it?

That's all I see here. People are just wondering why he wears such an extraaaaaaaaaaa large turban.

"Servant of the Khalsa", before you give a tongue lashing next time, please check if there is something obstructing your view between you, and the masses.

o thank god some one who dose not flame...

back to topic ....

did guru say bigger the turban the better ??

a turban is a turban size not mattering

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

i dont thnk size matters, you see mahapursh with a very small turban and then you see some with a tall turban, but it doesnt mean one is a better sikh etc...

i think in the end it really comes down to your own decision.. i guess many things factor into it.

i like what sukhmani kaur said tho, im sure some ppl tie big ones for those reasons too,

me personally, i also feel that a dastaar shouldnt be something small and like it should stand out with pride, but that's for me, it doesnt mean anyone wearing a small one i think less of or something.. again it doesnt mean someone with a smaller dastaar has less pride either.. so i think it really just depends on you, what your liking is... some dont like the look of a small dastaar ( like me), some dont like the look of a big dastaar... i think it's just personal. Some dont liek the look of a nok style ( like me) some dont like the look of a gol dastaar, etc etc...i think its personal preference..at the end of the day, any dastaar or pag is good because it is our gurus dastaar, it serves the purpose that it is supposed to serve then i think its sufficient, rest is just personal physical preferences.

the size of your dastaar, as we can see from puratan or even present gursikhs, doesnt measure the strength of your sikhi.

o thank god some one who dose not flame...

back to topic ....

did guru say bigger the turban the better ??

a turban is a turban size not mattering

that question has been answered by the very first post in this topic after yours. but you refered to that person as a flamer. so u prolly didnt read wat they said, but yes, guru did mention bigger turban the better.

ang 74, "Ho Gosai Dha Pehlvalara, Main Gur Mil Uch Dhumallara"

here is a link to katha of that shabad, its file number 150, the file says "ang 73" but it runs onto ang 74. the pankti mentioned above comes in about 26:30 mintues into the file. towards the end.

http://www.gurbaniup...Ang0019-0077%29

From what ive heard....the nihangs used to wear big dumalleh to intimidate the people they were fighting AND for PROTECTION. Now wearing a large dumalla with the iron wire wrapped around i ( dno the name for it sorry) would impact blows from kirpans better than helmets and were very practical. Now what ive been wondering and if any1 can answer...did the nihangs wear big dumalleh generally too when they were not in battle too?