Teenage Girl, 14, Goes Missing After Converting To Islam

Jeevan

Mail Online

Thursday, Oct 29 2009

Teenage girl, 14, goes missing after converting to Islam

By Daily Mail Reporter

Convert: Sarah Dunn has gone missing from home after becoming 'obsessed' with Islam

Police are searching for a 14-year-old girl who went missing after converting to Islam, it emerged today.

Sarah Dunn was last seen on a shopping trip in Bridgnorth, Shropshire, on September 28 after an argument with her parents over her decision to study the Koran.

CCTV footage from later that day shows her in the town of Wellington, around 20 miles away.

Sarah, who was in the care of social services, was seen buying a Muslim prayer mat shortly before she disappeared.

A friend said: ‘No one has heard anything from her. She was really into Islam and was really interested in the Koran.

‘I think it became a bit of an obsession but whenever anyone tried to talk to her about it she would get very defensive. We're really worried about her.’

Detective Inspector Jon Roberts, of West Mercia Police, added: ‘Sarah is known to have taken an interest in Islam prior to going missing and she has contacts in the Smethwick and Dudley areas.

‘We are particularly appealing to the Asian community who may have a white female associating with them.

‘Sarah is quite streetwise, but at the age of 14 she should not be out there on her own.

‘It is just a question of trying to find her and putting things right.’

Her distraught mother Christine, 40, today made an emotional appeal for her to come home.

Mrs Dunn said: ‘I would like to make a simple appeal to my daughter, Sarah, and it's this: please get in touch with me to let me know that you are OK.

‘Just give me a ring or make contact in whatever way you can.

‘There are lots of people out there with your best interests at heart, looking for you to make sure that you are safe and well. ‘

Detective Roberts said: 'We know Sarah was looking at converting to Islam and was reading the Qur'an and had purchased a prayer mat and was praying.

But there is no evidence that she has come to harm and is under the influence of anything apart from her own free will.'

Here's what readers have had to say so far. Why not add your thoughts below, or debate this issue live on our message boards.

I hope they find this girl soon...

Also I think the police should be appealing to the muslim community and not the asian community....I don't see how Sikhs and Hindus can help them?!

- Jagdeep Singh, Ilford, UK, 29/10/2009 12:36

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223789/Teenage-girl-14-goes-missing-converting-Islam.html#

Dam white people won't just say Muslims ( they want to be raciest ) brings down Sikhism because Most muslims don't were turbans and the Taliban does soo like 75% of people just point that Sikhs are the Taliban

Yes 75% of the educated world is stupid ..... they may be layer but if they don't have common sense there more useless then a person who is .......

My grade 9 teacher fking asked my why do your people blow them self's up..