A discussion/deabte on whether God does indead exist

Guest MiltAthiest

It's faith.laugh.gif

haha. Well then im glad my faith is different. Im free from a supervisor in the sky.

yeah God just doesn't exist in the sky. We ain't Christain.

Write your responses and I'll answer them later on. You already have enoug to think about, don't want you to get confusedlaugh.gif

to the atheist guy, the points you make would work well against a christian. But not for a Sikh. We are not suppose to have blind faith. And we don't just pray so we will not have a "bad afterlife". God cannot be proven by intelligence, he is far beyond this. But God is proven by love. We can't find him, he comes to us. But it is easy. What is more, you don't hope for any good afterlife. You are suppose to acheive "salvation" here, now and forever. If you don't get it whilst you alive now, you don't get it in the after life either. And Sikhi is the only dharam, which does not contradict science, infact science supports sikhi, and our Guru, who is NOT just a "holy book" has got many scientific things in it. Which most of the world didn't even know till recently. And this was from 500 years ago. There are website about it, im sure you can google it. But the point is we don't rely on hope. We are here to prove it now. Our Guru says, in the midst of hope remain untouched by hope.

Its not about restricting yourself and being bored. Its about opening yourself up, to God, and experience something unimaginable, indescribable, finding the real you. You have to prove it to yourself. We are not like other religions, where you just have blind faith. But sikhi is about building your relationship with God. It is faith, because God proves to you he exists. But it is from love. You can't figure out God. Because if you could that would mean you are cleverer than God. But you are not. We are only limited to 5 senses, you haven't got a clue whats going on for real. For example our eyes makes objects appear solid. But in reality solids do not exist, it is just our bodies ways of decoding the universe. To percieve things from your body won't get you anywhere. You have to do it from the heart. Because God resides within. You are on a quest to search answers on the outside. But let me tell you, you won't find anything there, and you havent that is why you are an atheist. Love God, focus upon his name, and he will come to you. You could have the most IQ in the world, be a great mathematician, scientist, but even then you can't still work out how the universe was made. But the love of God can.

Your body is like a computer, it decodes whatever you choose to view. So if you went on a certain website, your computer would decode that, so you can see it, read it, study it play on it whatever. But in the same way, if we "go on God" with our body and conscience. Which is done by love, by focusing on God within your mind. Our own decoder will start to decode God. But you have to set your attention and love on him. He gave us freewill, nobody is forced to do anything. The universe is all made up of strings and vibrations, if we vibrate God which is beyond all this, you will be in ecstasy. If you do not vibrate God, you don't love him, so he is not leaving you, you are leaving him. Thats how people end up as atheists, they go astray from God. You need to get rid yourself of your ego. Being a sikh about selfless love. To love God is selfless love, because God in within everything. He is all pervading. If you can't see God in all, You can't see God at all.

Sure you have faith. You have faith that God doesn't exist.

You can call it that if you like. As far as im convinvced, the evidence for god is lacking, and is non existant. Label me as you like, but my definition is pretty clear.

A few years ago evidence for dark matter did not exist. But now we have sme highly limited evidence for it. We don't even know how to detect this dark matter yet we claim it exists. I'm sure in a few years scientists will discover a way to directly detect dark matter. Science is a process of discovery, spirituality is the same. Why then do we not give an equal chance to both?

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Funny, how genius scientists such as Newton and Einstein had full faith in the existence of God. Athiests can say wahtever they want, but go talk to spiritually enlightened people who experience and feel God and go convince them first. What will you say to them?

Athiest: "There is no God".

Spiritual: "Sure there is, I have felt it".

Tell me, where would this conversation go? What could you possibly offer such a person who had experienced something? What...schizophrenia, paranoia, delusions? Go ahead, try your best.

Scientists and theologians were so convinced of a geocentric solar system before that they murdered those sho spoke of a sun at the center. And look at us now, all edumacuated to the truth. Just because something has not been scientifically proven does not mean it does not exist. A few hundred years ago, if you spoke of sub-atomic particles, people would have burned you at the stake for being a witch. And here we are...with nuclear reactors and whatnot. Can the athiest community beyond a doubt prove that there is no God? They may make allegations that the religious ones cannot prove there is one, but they are no better with their arugement that there isn't one.

There is evidence and there is experience. Evidence is a process, experience is a state. People of faith crave the experience and ride on their faith to achieve it, and the rare ones do. Evidence and science is a very slow process, but if you take the scientists above for reference, they firmly believed that science would at least in part help to explain a small part of that wonder of the Ultimate and its creation. They did not dismiss the existence of that higher being, but rather were driven towards it through their work, must as an attentive listener tries to figure out the genius behind a master composition of music. The Creator has a vast array of such music (universe, atoms, creatures, planets, galaxies, matter, anti-matter etc.) - science is the slow process to slowly understand the mysteries of that music. It would be as if to Beethoven's compositions - some feel its genius, and some actually marvel at its mathematical complexity and agnoize over the numbers. The religious one are relishing the music, the scientists are agonizing over hos such genius was created.

I am not here to convince you there is a God...I could not care less. You have your path, I have mine. But if you think for a minute that the athiests of this world have some great evidentiary body of work that can prove that God does not exist, I challenge you to print a theological dissertation and present it to the world - and subsequently see if it is not torn limb from limb. Many have tried, none have succeeded in convincing the world of otherwise.

One such experience: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F97796323E33144B&search_query=vasu+bhardwaj

Go ahead, convince him otherwise and see his reaction.