Depression- Can't Find Work

Guest Pappi

Basically I have a really good degree and a postgraduate qualification. But I still can’t find work; I also have plenty of work experience in the past. I am in desperate need of work but I can’t find anything and this is really depressing me. I have tried to find work in so many different areas and still nothing. My motivation has fell so much that I find it hard to even read bani or listen to kirtan anymore. I don’t know what to do anymore.

Please note that next time if you are going to want to remain gupt, please dont use existing memeber's names.

As far as your issue is concerned. What is your degree? Most people i find have gone to uni with no planning for the future. They end up doing totally different things than their degree. This should be a lesson to anyone going to degree. If you are thinking of going to university then make sure your degree reflects your planned career because otherwise you might as well not bother.

Degrees are only first step into getting you that graduate job. After that no one ever asks for degree. Its all about experience in the subject matter.

Guest bla bla

i am in the exact same position. i suppose we just have to wait till things pick up. i know of a qualified solicitor after having been made redundant over a year ago has still not been able to find a job. i dont think its to do with experience, its jus the way things are at the moment. but whent things do pick up with a good degree and postgraduate qualification you should find yourself at the forefront

Few suggestions

1. Don't sit idle, it will add to the problem, keep yourself busy.

2. Best way to utilise this time is to do Seva or community service.

3. Go for whatever work which is available at hand. This way you can meet your day-to-day expense & learn a new skill.

4. Think about being Self Employed, Trading or starting a Business.

5. Moving to a different city or country where you can find work of your choice.

6. Opt for higher studies

7. Become an apprentice, learn something technical.

8. If you have a Non-Indian passport then get married to an Indian girl-whose father will assist you financially to start some work.

Where there is will, there is way !

Few suggestions

8. If you have a Non-Indian passport then get married to an Indian girl-whose father will assist you financially to start some work.

WHAT??????????

when did that start happening, boys look towards girl and her family to let them be financially get rolling??

Never ever take this advice. You wanna suffer for rest of your life for your temporary phase of your life?

Singh ji, rather than looking towards anybody else, how about praying to babaji to make this frustrating time to be short and give you strength and patience to go through this hurdle in life.

Believe me, almost everybody goes through this phase in life. Once you get rolling, things will be better. First job is almost always hard to get. Instead of worrying (which doesn't help anybody), why not get some Naam collected in your basket. Recite some banis daily,and better yet, start Sehaj Path. Remember, all the dhan we collect here, stays here. But Naam dhan helps us in lok and parlok. As nobody can take education away from you, similarly Naam cann't be taken away from you not even by jamdoots. So I would say best time to invest in collecting Naam Dhan.

Keep hard work in looking for job going on at the same time. Just don't let the worrying/frustratation get you, and Reciting Gurbani would keep you away from these and help you get job too.

Just remember no work is big or small now go and find work with that state of mind keeping aside your degress and have faith in God faith will give u confidence and confidence will get u job ... best of luck bro ... may u get a good job ... and remember be after an year help me finding a job ... :p

Now keep deperssion aside ... u have got to do a lot of work ... just get up and start working ...

I agree with Amarjit bhenji. I am not too sure what exact situation you are in, where you are located, how educated you are, what kind of job you are looking for, etc. You might want to let us know a bit (you don't have to tell us your name or the name of the college/university you went to) so that someone could advice you a bit better.

And yes, make use of this time. Do as much Naam Bani as you can. Once you get a job, you will miss these days when you had time for Gurujee. So start planning time for Him from now on itself.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Basically I have a really good degree and a postgraduate qualification. But I still can’t find work; I also have plenty of work experience in the past. I am in desperate need of work but I can’t find anything and this is really depressing me. I have tried to find work in so many different areas and still nothing. My motivation has fell so much that I find it hard to even read bani or listen to kirtan anymore. I don’t know what to do anymore.

just keep faith in god, he has all of your affairs in His hands. I know that might be pretty stressful, but we've gotta look at the bright side, ONE DAY you will find work, maybe you might have to relocate to a different country even, idk wat type of degree you did and so that really makes ur options variable.

we are still lucky that in our culture our parents keep us in their house and provide us food and things we need, i knwo they want us to be on our own two feet but im sure your parents see how much you are working towards that, keep faith, maybe get in touch with your old contacts ( professors, school alumni etc) and see where they are and if they can offer any jobs for your position.

go to gurdwara often and do seva, your ardaas will be answered one day for sure right:) you cant forever be without a job so just hold on tight and keep doing what you need to do on your end, no point in getting depressed, we are all gona die one day anyway and no job will be up there waiting for us, we will leave all of it behind.

sometimes god does things to simmer down our ego ( speaking from experience-not job related im still stuyding lol), i am not judging you and i dont know what kind of person you are, but just take it as a blessing in dsiguise.

:6 In the 5 or so years I have been visiting this forum, stupidity of some posts still amazes me. Someone should smack you for saying that!