Singh Better Than King - Babbu Mann

SaRpAnCh

This is an example of classic divide and rule that Sikhs let happen all so often.

I agree and accept that Babbu Maan is not a Gursikh. But at the same time he represents what Punjab's youth is like. The youth have love, respect and care for Sikhi in their heart whether they are keshdhari/amritdhari or not. Maan's songs reflect the voice and thoughts of every day Punjab's youth and the genuine Panthic concern they have.

I think this whole S. Dhandrianvala vs. Mann issue is useless. Maan hasn't mentioned S. Dhadrianvala in the song. The song should apply just as easily to Raam Rahim or Bhaniara vala. I think everyone with knowledge of Sikh issues recognizes that Baba-ism is a big problem that is a corrupting influence. It doesn't mean that genuine parcharaks are bad but at the same time, we can't turn a blind eye to Babas running personality cults.

Babbu Maan's songs are pro-Sikh (and also, importantly, anti-Indian establishment), whether he fits our ideal of a Sikh or not is not the issue. S. Dhadrianvalay also has a huge following and is doing good work. Maan's latest record was a good opportunity to use his very popular persona to educate and bring awareness to the youth in Punjab but instead, it's being used as a tool to split Sikhs into pro-Maan and pro-Dhadrianvala groups, when the two don't have opposite interests here. We let this sort of splitting happen all the time, be it on the lines of Jathebandis, or keshdhari/mona or even amritdhari vs. the rest. All of us who call ourselves Sikh have a lot more in common than we realize and we accomplish nothing by being divided against each other. I'll let you all think who IS gaining though. Doesn't take a genius.

Exactly what I have been saying all along - the grasroots Youth/People can relate to Babbu Mann - just because they are non Gursikh does not mean they do not have Panthic Dardh,Babbu Manns new album is the talk of the town in every Sikh Community across the World.Check on Youtube the videos users have made to his songs all are related to the Sikh Freedom Movememnt.Where Sants/Baba's play a part in our community so do other parts such as people like Babbu Mann - non Gursikh but storngly patriotic with Panthic Dardh - and Anti Govt.Even our Shaheeds like Jinda Sukha were moneh at one time - that did not stop them from having Panthic Dardh and killing the Dushts - having that dardh bought them closer to Sikhi,and so will the songs in this album to those youth on drugs alcohol and those non gursikh grass roots people - the average member of the community - who knows nothing will learn a LOT from this album.

I agree with you that the song in itself does not name Baba Dandrianwale . In some videos posted on UTube his pictures and also the pictures of Saude-baz Sadh are posted. I interpret the song about what many babas are doing.

S. Simaranjit Singh Mann has come solidly in support of Babbu Mann. Read the link

https://akalidalamritsar.sslpowered.com/akalidalamritsar.net/Home%20News%20Web%20Pages/2009/Novem2009/press%20note%20babu%20mann%209%20nov.htm

Mahapurkhs like Sant Ishar Singh Ji also fall into the same group that Babu Mann, the great bleeding heart :rolleyes:, is attacking.

I guess he feels parchariks should live off air, wear patched worn-out cholas, and travel the highways by foot. Obvioulsy nice things are only meant for famous punjabi singers.

Guru Maharaj showered parchariks (dhadis, kirtanias, kaveeshars) with material and divine wealth, fact of our history.

Greatly mischevious tactic of bringing in Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji maharaj's name into his song to slander those whom Guruji would likely bless.

Sad thing is the vast majority of our people will idiotically nod in agreement with Babbu Mann's song and also throw in some tradtional expletives for good measure for those "evil corrupt babay".

BREAKING NEWS:

JUST GOT NEWS THAT BABBU MAANS ALBUM HAS BEEN BANNED IN INDIA,THANKS TO ALL YOU SANT BABA FOLLOWERS + INDIAN GOVT. BOTH WHO THINK THEY CAN WEILD POWER -

On the bright side by complaining and getting it banned you (the haters)lot have just given free publicity which will craete more interest in the album and will hopefully wake up more people

The album getting banned shows how the '2' Govt & Sant /Babas - fakes (not the real 1's) work together against anyone speaking out against them - as this album speaks out agaisnt Fake Sants the list is endless - from Pakhandis to Ram Ramhim ,Radhaswami to Namdhri Jagjit - it speaks out against the Govt - injustices false promises and genocide - it talks about nationalism Panthic Dardh - when any govt or Dera guys see anyone speaking out against them they work to shut them down - this will only increase the demand for it!

He did not mention Baba dhadrianwalle.

I seen alot of replies against babbu maan, but the theme of the song has not been mentioned at all.

The corruption of some modern day babbeh needs to be adressed, since its not being adressed anywhere else.

Its a good song and it does not mention any specific babeh.

But one feels he was hinting towards ram rahim

This is an example of classic divide and rule that Sikhs let happen all so often.

I agree and accept that Babbu Maan is not a Gursikh. But at the same time he represents what Punjab's youth is like. The youth have love, respect and care for Sikhi in their heart whether they are keshdhari/amritdhari or not. Maan's songs reflect the voice and thoughts of every day Punjab's youth and the genuine Panthic concern they have.

I think this whole S. Dhandrianvala vs. Mann issue is useless. Maan hasn't mentioned S. Dhadrianvala in the song. The song should apply just as easily to Raam Rahim or Bhaniara vala. I think everyone with knowledge of Sikh issues recognizes that Baba-ism is a big problem that is a corrupting influence. It doesn't mean that genuine parcharaks are bad but at the same time, we can't turn a blind eye to Babas running personality cults.

Babbu Maan's songs are pro-Sikh (and also, importantly, anti-Indian establishment), whether he fits our ideal of a Sikh or not is not the issue. S. Dhadrianvalay also has a huge following and is doing good work. Maan's latest record was a good opportunity to use his very popular persona to educate and bring awareness to the youth in Punjab but instead, it's being used as a tool to split Sikhs into pro-Maan and pro-Dhadrianvala groups, when the two don't have opposite interests here. We let this sort of splitting happen all the time, be it on the lines of Jathebandis, or keshdhari/mona or even amritdhari vs. the rest. All of us who call ourselves Sikh have a lot more in common than we realize and we accomplish nothing by being divided against each other. I'll let you all think who IS gaining though. Doesn't take a genius.

Thank you!! Thank you profusely! Finally, someone with a brain. Stop hating on a positive movement just to feel better about yourself or to promote your own self interest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMhm6N66PXc

Look. Tarsem Singh MORANWALI jumped on the bandwaggon aswell now.
He disses Babbu Maan in this video speech.
They've made it into Babeh vs babbu maan now.

And the amazing thing is that no names were mentioned in the song. It could just as easily be against Ram rahim or Namdhari jagjit or radhaswami guru. But despite the fact that no names were mentioned, Popular sikh figures have gone ahead and decided to mock babbu maan and his song regardless.

Its escallated out of control. Maybe he shud of mentioned names like ram rahim, then maybe our own people would chill out.

How useless. Sikhs manage to get a popular song/album banned in punjab, yet dont seem to care about the countless bollywood films mocking the very sikh image. how bout putting collective sikh efforts together to try and get those banned? That would be time much better spent.

just goes to show. Nowadays no1 cares about real sikh issues which we can come together to sort out. But as soon as something is said about a baba, all hell breaks loose and political links are used to get the album banned. Yet no names were mentioned. These political links can be used for more panthic affairs. (but rarely are)

Unnecessary publicity