Sikhs Should Boycott Amitabh And His Families Films,shows Etc

hawk13

I also have my doubts about his role in 1984 anti Sikh pogroms.I dont think he was involved although one thing is clear he was close to Rajiv Gandhi at that time.But one must remember that later on he became disallusioned with Congress party and since then he has distanced himself from congress .It could be because he did not agree with Congress role in 1984 anti Sikh pogroms.

His mother was a Sikh(even if not a proper Sikh)Moreover I think the protest against him are more politically motivated than anything else.If some one has solid proof then please share it here.

what i know after rajiv died this dude did not pass over the money allegdly he held for rajiv from bofors deal. this caused the strife. also he was rumoured to have owned farms in switzerland at one time, big as he was back in the day he wasnt really that big to buy for himself!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, who the hell said Teji Bachan was a Sikh? If she was from a Sikh family that doesnt make her a Sikh! She married a Hindu so how the hell can we call her a Sikh?

Heres a link I found regarding the affair between Teji Bachan and Nehru.

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Soc/soc.culture.indian/2005-08/msg00512.html

Also, it seems like the only people getting defensive of the involvement of Amitabh Bachan are our brothers from India. If Sikhs in India were to boycott Amitabh and Bollywood then how would they live??? The majority of Sikhs in india are bloody obsessed with bollywood. Every househould you go to and they've got some stupid bollywood film on!

Finally, I know its only a picture but we can assume that they were definitely very close and claims of his involvement are not far fetched:

http://www.timescontent.com/tss/showcase/preview-buy/160914/News/Rajiv-Gandhi-Amitabh-Bachchan.html

(Amitabh can be seen stood on the left hand side)

Guest PunjabSingh

Firstly, who the hell said Teji Bachan was a Sikh? If she was from a Sikh family that doesnt make her a Sikh! She married a Hindu so how the hell can we call her a Sikh?

Heres a link I found regarding the affair between Teji Bachan and Nehru.

http://newsgroups.de...8/msg00512.html

Also, it seems like the only people getting defensive of the involvement of Amitabh Bachan are our brothers from India. If Sikhs in India were to boycott Amitabh and Bollywood then how would they live??? The majority of Sikhs in india are bloody obsessed with bollywood. Every househould you go to and they've got some stupid bollywood film on!

Finally, I know its only a picture but we can assume that they were definitely very close and claims of his involvement are not far fetched:

http://www.timescont...h-Bachchan.html

(Amitabh can be seen stood on the left hand side)

I dont know how much truth there is in the first link but it was interesting indeed to read what was written in the article and I must confess I heard all this for the very first time.

As regards the second link I don't know what you want to prove.As far as Im concerned Ive already mentioned that Amitabh was very close to Rajiv Gandhi and secondly I wrote if Amitabh was involved in the anti Sikh genocide of 1984 he should meet the same fate as that of Lalit Maken and others.

The picture does not prove his involvement in the anti Sikh genocide.

By the way Im not obsessed with bollywood but can't say about others in this forum from Punjab.May be those living outside India are obsessed with Hollywood.As regards bollywood I am totally against the negative potrayal of Sikhs in bollywood hence my hate for bollywood.

Yesterday I saw an English movie "Partition" from Canada or Hollywood.I was very thrilled to see the positive potrayal of the Sikh characters in a foreign movie.On the other hand bollywood recently had a movie "Singh is King" which had nothing to do with Sikhi but Sikhs all over were moving around with their "chaurri chhati" as if bollywood had done a big favour for the Sikh panth.One foolish Sikh even booked a full theatre to watch the first show of this movie !Similarly we have similar sardarji who is obsessed with Madhuri Dikshit somewhere in MP.

I dont care a damn about the maskhara's of bollywood whoever he may be.Bollywood has always remained anti Sikh.Even if a character is shown as a proper Sikh in any bollywood movie he would be potrayed as following baahmanvaadi traditions or even married to or falling for a hindu lady.I have still to see a proper potrayal of a true Sikh in a bollywood movie.

Please take a look at the following link, the blogger has blogged a few news cuttings regarding amitabh bachan and his crimes against the sikh community, some of you might find it interesting. scroll down about half way to view the clippings.

http://originalspuk.blogspot.com/2009/10/2nd-edition-25-years-after-genocide.html

In my view, lets not keep on bringing the 1984 episode everytime....I agree that it was one of the crueliest thing against sikhs, but then lets move on now. Lets just learn from this and be careful and more stronger in future. Please lets not keep on bringing this or having special programes to mark the day. Lets just join together and do something for the sikhs rather than just bringing up this everytime.

I am sure people are going to pounce me on this, but sincerely if we dont forget the past, we will never move on. We should forgive the sinners. This is humanity.

If ATROCITES AND POGROMS LIKE 1984 ARE NOT BROUGHT TO BOOK, THEN YOU ARE LAYING THE PATH FOR MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT KIND OF BLOODY HUMANITY IS THAT!!!!?!!!!!!!?!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!

In my view, lets not keep on bringing the 1984 episode everytime....I agree that it was one of the crueliest thing against sikhs, but then lets move on now. Lets just learn from this and be careful and more stronger in future. Please lets not keep on bringing this or having special programes to mark the day. Lets just join together and do something for the sikhs rather than just bringing up this everytime.

I am sure people are going to pounce me on this, but sincerely if we dont forget the past, we will never move on. We should forgive the sinners. This is humanity.

U r speaking like congress members who want to skip the issue tell me how can we stop this happening only 2 ways r for it punishing the culprit through law or killing by themselves and for avoiding this is one way that is arming each gursikh which would u like , It was a brutality which can never be forgotten ask the victims to forget it they may give u better answer.Amitabh and his family how ashwarya humilated the sikh sangat in britain is welknown during the shooting about 2 years back.

May you NEVER EVER have to see your family killed, raped and burnt alive in front of you.

God forbid, but if you did, I want to know if you'd say the same thing.

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

I fully seconded and feel the pain in our hearts for 1984 genocides and many such unjustified acts. Its rather more painful that even after 25 years of such heinous crime still no justice. But, Guru Pyareyo, we should also think deeper into the reasons of these crimes e.g. the supportive internal and external factors for such issues, the ill treatment to the victims by our own ppl/organization. We need to analyse all the reasons and make sure such things not happen again in future with us again.

To draw a bigger line opposite to another line, one can also draw a bigger line than other rather focusing on erasing the other line. Education, Health, effective sikhi parchar (baani attey baanaa), sports encouragement etc. are the some of the areas we need to work. Just my personal views, apology if hurt anyone _/\_.

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

Fateh parwaan karro jiyo,

I understand that Bachchan will be in London in December. Why don't London Sikhs petition the UK Government that Bachchan should not be allowed into Britain on the grounds that he incited mobs to avenge I Gandhi being shot by Sikhs?

Sikhs should not get taken in by this 'his Mom is a Sikh talk'.

Guru Rakha