Marrying A Girl Of Different Religion

Guest gupt

ask your parents what they think about Bhanda Singh Bahadur or Bhagat Puran Singh...etc, who were not from Sikh families. Then ask your parents if they were somehow unworthy of marriage with a Sikh? Of course, to what extent you canvass this or ask them directly depends on your relationship with them.

By the way, don't kid yourself, she is not in love with you. She is in love with her illusion. She will only be able to determine a true liking well after many heated arguments or passive aggressive moments of silence and seeing that you leave your socks everywhere.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vjkk vjkf

no not at all ji my parents wont allow my marriage with a girl hu is not amritdhari they seek an amritdhari singhni for me

veerjee actually she has stopped head hair she says she still shaves armpits but she has stopped cuttin head hair since 2 3 yrs

Are we right in thinking then that you are also Amritdhari then...?

If you are an Amritdhari - hopefuly your path is that of Sikhi and your goal to merge with God, is she going to be able to help you with that?

Lavan signify 2 souls from 2 bodies coming together as 1. As one, you can only walk one path. Do you both want to walk the same path and have the same goals?

Does she truly want to follow Sikhi?

i like a girl she is hindu and she is in love with me this girl use to b in my school i know her since those days she is nice by character and is ready to convert in sikhi [singhni] but my family is very conservative and strict my mom says if u hav to marry then it should b a girl from sikh family

Ok first off... Please make sure you're not making her become a Sikh just to marry you. Changing religions unwillingly for a partner is really not worth it.

By the way you put it, it doesn't seem like she wants to become a Sikh.

i like a girl she is hindu

and the point is shes ready to take up sikhi

She is a Hindu. She's ready to take up Sikhi... She IS a Hindu. She IS ready to take up Sikhi.... She IS A HINDU. She IS READY to TAKE up SIKHI....... Ok so the reason I kinda put that down like 3 times is because SHE IS A HINDU, therefore SHE IS NOT A SIKH, therefore SHE IS NOT READY TO BECOME A SIKH, because if she was ready to become a Sikh, she would have done so by now.

What I'm tryin to say is that... If she isn't a Sikh right now, she isn't committed to Sikhi man... She really would have become a Sikh already if she was fully ok with it...and that's why I have come to believe that there is some sort of pressure on her to become Sikh..in order to marry you, I mean.

but my family is very conservative and strict my mom says if u hav to marry then it should b a girl from sikh family

LOL!!.. Even very liberal parents who are very lenient don't want their kids to marry someone from another faith. It would be very wrong for one to think that this is something that exists only in the south Asian cultures. I live where most people are either Christian or Catholic, and I'm just letting you know that most of them are liberal and very lenient, but will not accept someone who follows a different sect...not even religion, but sect.. The Christian parents don't want Catholic in-laws.

my mom i think is right in her views she says today if u marry a girl of diff religion tomorrow ur kids will do the same and may b they can end being non sikhs too i agree to this coz kids do follow there parent to some extent

It doesn't seem like you need much help from anyone regarding this marriage issue, since you've already stated that you agree/believe there will be a problem with the kids in the future, and you even gave your own reason for it.

I'm just going to be honest and say that you don't want to marry her. From your post, it's very, VERY easy to tell that you do NOT wish to marry this girl you speak of. You're worried about the kids following a certain (or having no) religion, which means that you are doubting your future relationship with this girl. You're obviously unsure about your future so there really is not much other people can suggest/offer. If you, yourself, are unsure about such important and personal matters that only you and your family would be able to figure out, then there's really nothing that the people on the forum can do.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but I believe that I had to tell you like it is......and that's just how it is........ You aint ready to marry (her) yet.

Guest jaskaran

the biggest religoin is love ..love is the most beautiful form of GOD...plzzzzz....if its true luv....go ahead .....kyunki asi kes tan rakh de haan par saade karm kheje hunde nee oh sanu pata ne.....sikh real meanin is a true human so try to make tat girl a true human ...its ur deeds which decide ur fate

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware alot of Hindus have intermarried into Sikh families, and most sikhs descend from Hindu ancestory bloodlines hence why the caste system exists in our people when it shouldnt, so intermarriages have happened.

Your a grownup dude respect your parents but its your choice who you wana get married to, its your future no one can judge you for who you are and what you do only God can do that. You have already implyed you 2 wana get married

and for her to say she ready to convert that comming from a girl is alot, its hard for people to find someone like that in there life she is ready to make a sacrfice for you, so your going to have to make one, perhaps with disagreeing with your parents

Bruv if you listen to your parents and go for another girl from Sikh backrgound it might be one of the biggest mistakes you make ever, most Sikh background girls are more Hindu like then Hindus themselves, "hindunisation" of Sikh faith plays a role in that,

Its your spirtual path aswell, but if your amritdhari then by rehat you can only marry another amritdhari she going to have to take amrit first, if your a sehajdhari veer then the only thing stopping you is what other people think, instead of what you think.

Hope everything goes good

Is it just me, but does it sound like the op has doubts? To the OP, who u trying to convince about this marriage? Yourself, her? U already said that shes willing to give up her religion for U and goes to the gurdwara cuz of U? So not for guru ji. U want to marry a women that thinks about u before GOD? U want a woman of God, not a woman after a creation of God!! Big mistake!!

Ur amritdhari, whats wrong with the amritdhari ladies??

The way I look at it, if u are confident in this relationship, u wud not need to post on here, u wud know the answer. U obviously have doubts...i didnt hear u were in love with her, u mentioned shes in love with u. I am sure i read u like her. That says it all. If ur worried that u dont want to hurt her feelings, cuz i guess if a girl says she loves u and will change her religion for u, its hard to say no, but like ur doing urself and her a favour if u just tell her how u really feel.

I could be wrong and u cud love her..but i am no sure who u are trying to convince!!

Think about it..or actually dont think to much about it and see what ur answer is and tell her!!

Guest Ract2or

Its really simple , you must have discussed all this with your wife, if she is ok with marrying you then you should talk to the parents and see what happens next. if you take the advice of the other people here on this forum of children you will live your life regretting not taking this forward. dont marry someone just because they are sikh or because they are amritdharii. maryy them because they are the person you want to marry and spend your life with.

Please do not make the mistake of getting advice from those with no worldly experience. talk to your elderrs and wisers. Love conqueors all. all the best in your lifes

Singh Ji - first be sure, if u love her not -

If i was in love with a girl from diff culture/religion - Then i would marry her and i wont even ask her to change her faith, sikhi does not bring hate but love. Every day in Ardas we read "nanak naam chardi kala tere pane sarvat da pala"

Please if ur not sure about the girl, be faithful and let her know -If she loves u and rdy to change her self then show ur love and dont play with her!

About ur future kids, given a right education will fix it. looking at current situtions we have lots of ppl who are punjabi, but have no clue on what sikhi is, but they love to use a term "I AM A SINGH/KAUR and SIKHI is in our heart" - and the caste system which Guru ji stop, has came back, So it all about teaching of our Religin rather then Culture.

• 9 months later...
Guest desperate1961

im having a problem.......i love this girl...she's a sindhi hindu.....we both love each other very much....bt her parents wont approve of our relationship because we are frm a diff religion and diff race....plzzz help me...anyone....im lost...