Dayummn Babbu Got Rolled

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

I completely agree with what S1ngh has said.

Is this the kind of language/tone we expect a Sikh to use while they are on a stage?!!! This is no way to talk!

"Kanjar, Kanjarpauna, Kanjari " are used quite commonly in language. The term speaks for itself. In this context the parcharak's put it into perspective and I actually agree with him. However, I also now realise that this parcharak, Tarsem Singh, has collabarated with promoters of Kanjarpauna like Jazzie B in the past, which only makes his comments a bit hypocritical

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with what S1ngh has said.

Is this the kind of language/tone we expect a Sikh to use while they are on a stage?!!! This is no way to talk!

"Kanjar, Kanjarpauna, Kanjari " are used quite commonly in language. The term speaks for itself. In this context the parcharak's put it into perspective and I actually agree with him. However, I also now realise that this parcharak, Tarsem Singh, has collabarated with promoters of Kanjarpauna like Jazzie B in the past, which only makes his comments a bit hypocritical

If you ask me Mala jee, I don't even like to put these words on my tongue. They just seem very derogatory to me.

I come to the conclusion ke koi dhudh dhota nahi hai. so lets just

rwmu ismir rwmu ismir iehY qyrY kwij hY ]

and

BeI prwpiq mwnuK dyhurIAw ]

This human body has been given to you.

goibMd imlx kI ieh qyrI brIAw ]

This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.

Avir kwj qyrY ikqY n kwm ]

Nothing else will work.

imlu swDsMgiq Bju kyvl nwm ]1]

Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1||

Nahi papi jee, tusin idealistic nahi ho, Parcharaks should know what they are sitting there for at Guru's stage. If they get their anger out on people who get their and public's emotions out in the form of songs, then they should deal with the director, composer, writer singer of the song or whatever took place or better yet improve on what they are lacking. Remember " BhulaNhar sabhko, abhul Guru kartar" (I couldn't find exact line on sikhitothmax, so subject to erro)

Guru's stage is given to you to talk about Gurbani, Gurmat and Guritihaas. Don't misuse it.

Please don't comment that I am having a go on moranwali now. Just speaking against wrong practice, or misuse of the right given by sangat.

Agreed in general it's not the best term to use, but in context it does get used on Gurdwara stages quite often. The instance of when Massa Ranghar put "kanjariya" to dance in Harmandir Sahib is a common example where Dhadi's use the term on stages. Tarsem Singh Moranwali is essentially a Dhadi Vaar parcharak which usually involves communicating in a dramatic way, be it over dramatic in some instances.

Terms like Kanjar, Haramkhor, Haramee, Kutee are used and have been used in parchaar (particular Dhaadi Vaars) to get points accross.

I have been following this fight for a long time now (on this site, youtube, other Punjabi sites, etc).

I think none of them is right. Babbu Mann could have been more specific (because I felt he wanted to say about Gurmeet Ram Rahim, but then he added the ' dholkian chimtey' bit, and I was confused).

But Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwala isn't right either. Theek, he is doing nice parchaar, but doesn't make his opinion THE truth. Monna's aren't part of the 'wider' Sikh Panth? If not, then why are Udasis, etc considered Sikh by the oldest Jathebandis in Sikhi? Why can't a Monna speak up against issues? I respect a monna (not Babbu, just a monna who has sharda for Sikhi) more than these so-called Sikh like Sukhbir Badal (ohhh he is amritdhari...), and pakhandi saadhs, nangs etc.

Has anyone tried to understand what Babbu Mann tried to say? He meant that today we are giving more importance to PAKHAND rather than doing the REAL PARCHAR. 'Baba Nanak Ne Turke Duniya Gaahti' is not to be taken literally. Guru Nanak Sahib also used boats etc during their udasis, so it isn't bad to use something for transport. BUT how is having several cars justified to do PARCHAR? 1 or 2 cars are enough... And WHY in gods name have they to be one of the latest models?

But lets implement in our lives what Guru Nanak Sahib Maharaj Ji said;

~~ Ham Nahi Changae, Bura Nahi Koe ~~ ( I am not good, no one is bad )

WJKK WJKF Ji

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

ok... didnt expect some of the narrow minded " know it all views" presented here... what have we become where we just jump on the bandwagon and when loki (people) say dhadrianwale etc are good then we say oh yea yayyyyy theyre so goood and when loki say the same person is bad then we say nayyy!! Get some guts people and stand up and decide for yourself what is right, sikhs dont jump on bandwagons they are their own individuals

and no this isnt directed to everyone , but definitely a number of ppl who i have seen being double faced, i can see these same people in 84 were probably saying nayy to sant bhinderanwale when government propaganda was doing everything in their power to degrade their name..again the sign of a bandwaggoner, dependent, "tell me what i should think" individual..

and it is very common to say kanjari, because thats what the person is, at gurdwara when they talk about masa rangr they say kanjari too, what do you think when they went to take down masa rangr they said " oh no the woman who should not be named , the you know what, is dancing there, this must not happen" what is this harry potter or something ( he who must not be named) LOL

a kanjari is a kanjari, thats a word, just liek a kutha is a kutha , its a word, some ppl use it to swear but it's also a word, now do you expect kathavachiks to say" i have a he who must not be named, who is furry and four legged, do you guys knwo what im talking about?"

like COME ON ppl, come up with some real claims, like these are just sorry excuses.

we as sikhs sit here and do nindya of people who are actually doing something for the panth, who are doing the STRONGEST parchaar against ram rahim and suckers like him and putting their own lives at stake while we sit here sipping on chai latte and eating timbits ( canadians atleast)

admin please close the topic, i do not want to be responsible for paying off the heavy burden of nindya created against those who do parchaar about sikhi and the right parchaar at that.. that is a very risky chance and i do not want to suffer blows to my head in my after life because of that