Anger

Guest Jas

i'm having really bad anger issues now, to the point i hate myself as a person. i seem to get really anger at litte things and seem to be giving attitude for no reason, after i do i feel bad because i know its wrong, i just really hate what kind of person i'm turning in to,from someone that used to be strong in their prayers, go gurdwara everyday , i feel i've fallen so low , i can't seem to pray, when i do i can't concentrate, i don't even know even where all this negative energy is coming from. this last week alone i've had a couple of fights all which could have been nothing if i only just walked away. last night i cried to sleep and asked God for help, i mean is there something seriously wrong with me? do i need help? Why am i such an angry person?

Bhai Sahib this is becoming a common issue in people from other beliefs aswell, I think it might be due to the lack of meditation in one's life.

As this calms not only the mind but your whole body and once you meditate you feel at one with yourself and analyse things a lot more and stay away from trouble as you know this will not benefit you in any way (then again if it is more than a comment and an attack then you have to stand up for urself, but am sure you know this ).

Coming back to overcoming the situation try and do more meditation like you said you have stopped doing things relating to Sikhi, try and go back to earlier but do it slowly ease your way back into attending gurdwara regular programs etc...

Then try and do more meditation recommend Sukhmani Sahib Bani it is great. You could also listen to bani on phone, MP3 etc...

And Bhai Sahib don't worry cos this causes more pressure on urself andmind and you don't have total control over ur actions.

Hope I helped sorry if i said anything wrong to anyone.

Stay in Chardikala

I would like add that check your diet.

Spicy, fried and non-vegetarian food can make a person angry.

Also get a health exam (blood pressure and hypertension) this could also be the problem.

Try to avoid any unpleasant situation, don't visit places of trouble clubs, pubs etc.

Keep or wear a "Simarna". Make a habbit of doing Simran (complete atleast one circle of 27 beads) when you are feeling angry. This will improve your condition.

from someone that used to be strong in their prayers, go gurdwara everyday , i feel i've fallen so low , i can't seem to pray, when i do i can't concentrate, i don't even know even where all this negative energy is coming from. this last week alone i've had a couple of fights all which could have been nothing if i only just walked away. last night i cried to sleep and asked God for help, i mean is there something seriously wrong with me? do i need help? Why am i such an angry person?

Why you are such an angry person? You have answered that above yourself...

from someone that used to be strong in their prayers, go gurdwara everyday.

The prayers keep us happy. That's one of the gifts of NAAM. It keeps you in a bliss. When you go to the Guru Ghar, Maharaj Ji actually blesses you like a mother does. He places the palm of his divine hand on our head. You cannot see it but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Your soul actually felt the love and bliss when it used to go the Guru Ghar and did prayers. It felt his blessings. And now since it's away from its beloved, it's angry with your mind. And this is how this anger comes out. You are experiencing it. Aren't you? =)

Don't worry about the concentration part yet. The key is to keep on doing the prayers. Concentration comes if you don't give up. Set a time to do the prayers, and live the commitment. This is to start you off again. The mind's job is to stop you. I see that it is succeeding. This is the time to choose: the mind or the soul. I hope you make a decision which will give you inner peace and happiness.

Blessings...