Manpreet Singh Stopped From Reciting Dasam Granth!

Ajinder Singh

I just read this from akj.org about this...

http://www.akj.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5293

Approximately a month back, at kirtan of Bhai Manpreet Singh kanpuri, some one offered a book to Bhai Manpreet Singh ji Kanpuri on Jaap Sahib, when Veerji asked about content of that book, the person responded that it is about Jaap Sahib as "NOT A BAANI" and “ASHLEEL KAVITA”. At this, Manpreet Singh immediately responded aggressively and torn off the book and said that do not create a controversy, this Baani is a part of Nitnem & Amrit Sanchar and Khalsa and including my birth, whole Khalsa Panth’s birth took place out of this AMRIT SANCHAR and hence you don't have any right to publish and distribute such material which question AMRIT SANCHAR VIDHI and Baanis which are part and parcel of AMRIT SANCHAR. The book provider also had support of some other people and they tried to corner Veerji and also threatened him with life and responded like you come to Faridabad and we will see you.

A day after Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) held a meeting where in they all supported Veerji and his stand (Basically PANTH’s stand)

Veerji dared those people as he already had a kirtan booking in coming days at Faridabad and here comes the real pain.

Tension was brewing even before Kirtan. Rival faction persons who in 15-20 numbers were sitting close to stage. Manpreet Singh Veerji came to his elements and gave a PARMANN (Tuk) of Dasam Granth as below:

Admin please convert following into Gurmukhi language, i was unable to do the same:

as kripaan khanddo kharrag thupak thabar ar theer |

sY& srohI sYQI XhY hmwrY pIr ]3]

saif sarohee saithee yehai hamaarai peer |3|

qIr quhI sYQI quhI quhI qbr qrvwr ]

theer thuhee saithee thuhee thuhee thabar tharavaar |

nwm iqhwro jo jpY BXy isMD Bv pwr ]4]

naam thihaaro jo japai bhayae sindh bhav paar |4|

kwl quhI kwlI quhI quhI qyg Ar qIr ]

kaal thuhee kaalee thuhee thuhee thaeg ar theer |

quhI inswnI jIq kI Awj quhI jg bIr ]5]

thuhee nisaanee jeeth kee aaj thuhee jag beer |5|

(In Amrit Kirtan – Refer Section of Bir Rass – Ist Shabad - Dohra) (I don’t think any problem with this Shabad)

Rival Group responded immediately and started shouting of stopping the kirtan in the hazoori of Shri Guru Granth Sahib. Veerji continued with Simran and didn’t pay heed to them though his kirtan speakers were made off. Now whole rival group and veerji supporting sikh sangat was standing and shouting at each other in presence of Shri Guru Granth Sahib. Organisers tried to contain the tension but when nobody was respecting Guru Sahib’s presence, who will listen to organizers. Kirtan simran was still going , rest all was happening except sword and punches.

(Imagine the plight of a non sikh person or a sikh person, someone who even don’t know about Dasam granth, leave aside its controversy, came to have peace via Kirtan)

Now seeing circumstance going out of control, Manpreet Singh Veerji stopped simran and said following things (not his exact words, presenting here the crux)

-if you people don’t want me to read Jaap Sahib Baani, I will not do kirtan here, same he said for Choupayee and Swayeeae, these Baanis are the one which I got from seniors, see Hazoori Ragi Bhai Nirmal Singh, Bhai Harjinder Singh Srinagar Wale, go, catch them, why you are behind me, when celebrations were made at Takhat Shri Hazoor Sahib, Dasam Granth Baani were widely read, where were you people then, why didn’t you stood out there and be counted. You have some objection, go to Akal Takhat Sahib and have your say. When Panth will take decision on your say, it will be binding on me along with whole panth. But until panth will not take decision on your say, I will recite Jaap Sahib, Choupayee and Swayeeae and other Baani’s which have been sung in the past by Gurmukhs and are established as our part and parcel of literature and history-

After listening to Manpreet Singh Veerji on Dasam Granth Baani, Sikh Sangat and organizers decided to support Manpreet Veerji and started rooting out those rival group who were responsible for whole problem.

(Manpreet Singh Veerji didn’t quoted above Akal Takhat Hukamnama, probably he was not aware)

Next day, Manpreet Singh Veerji met Jathedar Shri Akal Takhat Sahib and briefed him on whole happening. Jathedar Bhai Sahib responded positively and promised to be there on upcoming 28 Nov kirtan of Manpreet Singh Veerji at Faridabad.

DSGMC also promised to be in full support of Manpreet Singh Veerji (I should say that everybody has committed to be in full support of Akal Takhat Hukamnama and Banni’s which are part and parcel of Nitnem and Amrit Sanchar)

That Rival group has now not stopped here, they had tried to extend this controversy by putting a video clip on youtube which is not providing any clear cut picture on whole controversy created by them. Instead they tried to use the video for his use. It shows only Kirtan stopped, everybody shouting and etc etc, it didn’t show what Manpreet Singh Veerji said. Had they shown the same, everything would have become clear. Kindly note that adding comment to that video has been disabled so that sikh sangat will watch the video with heading in mind “Manpreet Singh Kanpuri distorting Rehat Maryada.” Please do not watch this video with preconditioned mind.

Now, sikh sangat and organizers of Faridabad committee had decided to clear the air on this issue. A video showing all circumstances and probably a one to one personal speech by Manpreet Singh will be uploaded on all possible multimedia channels so that controversy can be put down to minimum level if not possible to kill. Dass will provide the link of that video soon as the same will be available.

Admin please convert following into Gurmukhi language, i was unable to do the same:

The shabad is from shashtar nam mala, Dasam granth. Punjabi version is given. Only a stupid who has no knowledge fo Gurbani will obejct this shabad.Faridabad missioanries are goondas. But have no courage to stand .

ਅਸ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ਖੰਡੋ ਖੜਗ ਤੁਪਕ ਤਬਰ ਅਰੁ ਤੀਰ ॥ ਸੈਫ ਸਰੋਹੀ ਸੈਹਥੀ ਯਹੈ ਹਮਾਰੈ ਪੀਰ ॥੩॥

अस क्रिपान खंडो खड़ग तुपक तबर अरु तीर ॥ सैफ सरोही सैहथी यहै हमारै पीर ॥३॥

As, Kripan (sword), Khanda, Khadag (sword), Tupak (gun), Tabar (hatched), Teer (arrow), Saif (sword), Sarohi and Saihathi, all these are our adorable seniors.3.

ਤੀਰ ਤੁਹੀ ਸੈਹਥੀ ਤੁਹੀ ਤੁਹੀ ਤਬਰ ਤਲਵਾਰ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਤਿਹਾਰੋ ਜੋ ਜਪੈ ਭਏ ਸਿੰਧ ਭਵ ਪਾਰ ॥੪॥

तीर तुही सैहथी तुही तुही तबर तलवार ॥ नाम तिहारो जो जपै भए सिंध भव पार ॥४॥

Thou are the Teer (arrow), Thou are Saihathi, Thou art Tabar (hatchet), and Talwaar (sword); he, who remembers Thy Name crosses the dreadful ocean of existence.4.

ਕਾਲ ਤੁਹੀ ਕਾਲੀ ਤੁਹੀ ਤੁਹੀ ਤੇਗ ਅਰੁ ਤੀਰ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨੀ ਜੀਤ ਕੀ ਆਜੁ ਤੁਹੀ ਜਗਬੀਰ ॥੫॥

काल तुही काली तुही तुही तेग अरु तीर ॥ तुही निशानी जीत की आजु तुही जगबीर ॥५॥

Thou art the KAL (death), thou art the goddess Kali, Thou art the saber and arrow, Thou art the sign of victory today and Thou art the Hero of the world.5.

ਤੁਹੀ ਸੂਲ ਸੈਹਥੀ ਤਬਰ ਤੂੰ ਨਿਖੰਗ ਅਰੁ ਬਾਨ ॥ ਤੁਹੀ ਕਟਾਰੀ ਸੇਲ ਸਭ ਤੁਮਹੀ ਕਰਦ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ॥੬॥

तुही सूल सैहथी तबर तूं निखंग अरु बान ॥ तुही कटारी सेल सभ तुमही करद क्रिपान ॥६॥

Thou art the Sool (spike), Saihathi and Tabar (hatched), Thou art the Nikhang and Baan (arrow), Thou art the Kataari, Sel, and all and Thou art the Kard (knife), and Kripaan