38,000 Indian Homeless “students” In England

Guest fordcapri

Guest fordcapri

Anyone else heard bout report of maybe 38k Indian students are in the U.K without accommodation.

Des Padres. Punjab Radio has reported these students have been allowed to stay in Gurdwara for max 2 nights and given Langar.

They apply at any college for any course i.e. any low level vocational, or any course they can get on.

The student’s only intention is to find work i.e. Low paid jobs in chip shops restraints or wherever and to bring partners and families.

They college accepts them as they will get high amounts of money from international students fees.

I have also heard that some of these students have been sleeping in parks under trees in London.

Help lines have been set up for girls which is good, but girls wondering about homeless is dangerous, what are they parents doing sending there kids and daughters to a foreigner country with no where to stay.

this is true, iceland in southall the car is packed with them they sleep there at night. they all pack the gurdwaras for langar and now singh sabha park avenue have put up a sign saying they will only be serving langar for a few hours of the day due the students coming their throught the day for food as survival and the gurdwara cannot keep up with the demand.......situation is bad. the gurdwara also has a sign saying dont send ur daughters abroad.....as alot of them in southall r becoming prostitues to get money.

I got a cousin who's one of these "students" who came to UK this year. But he supposedly has a place to stay for the mean time. They paid 7lakh and the kid can barely speak any english. He's one of those pro-congress pro hindustan matha ritual doing "sikh" who calls Sant Bhindranwale Khalsa Ji atvaad. For some reason like someone mentioned in another thread alot of these freshies are of the same mentality. It's that RSS propaganda going to their heads I don't know what to make of it.

I think the 38,000 mentioned are a mixture of Indians, punjabi's maybe a small number. I met some marahati students who were doing pandya di sewa at the Gurdwara and muslim students from banglore taking langar on a regular basis .

India knows the Sikh hospitality and what should be noted is that the mandirs or mosques are NOT providing food or shelter for them....it only the Guru's door which is helping and ironically these Indians know that...

My take on this is that with the advent of satellite TV, the Internet - this I(I for Indian)Pod generation think the streets of the West are paved with gold and everyone gets to drive around in a Mercedes. Now say to become a doctor you will need 11 years of schooling, 2 years at college, 5 years at University and a further 2 years training at a Hospital and then possibly you might qualify. You and I living in the West realise by sheer hard work and an element of luck you may get to be the Doctor. The Ipod generation think a basic understanding of English, some hard graft at a takeaway they will get to be the next millionaire and then get their own kin in the West.

What is really happening in India is that State for e.g. Badals Punjab and Central government has failed to provide, schooling, training, jobs and an infrastructure to cater for the population. Instead of people 'rising' against the status quo they seek opportunities elsewhere. Money Lenders are only too glad to sell them a dream of living in the West by buying their land (usually cheap) or offering to borrow money at 'high interest rates'. It always surprises me the rich Indians i.e. Politicians, Actors, Industrialist always tend to stay in India and the poor move out. This is nothing but a financial scam perpetrated by the rich whether it is Sikh, Hindu etc.

What the people of India has to realise is that India is 'their' nation and not for the benefit of the rich. When our Sikh Gurus first came on the scene India was in a far worse state but with the calibre of Guru Gobind Singh, Banda Bhadar, Maharaj Ranjit Singh the Sikhs did very well and India prospered. Whilst I have sympathy for the Indians wishing to come over to the West they have to realise they are being 'scammed' by others selling a false dream. The USA has 15 million unemployed how is a 'Desi' with no English or skills got to offer against a skilled American?

The Indians suffer from 'Affluenza', go to a wedding and it is a straight forward competition who's got the best attire, most expensive jewellery, Mercedes V BMW, how many trips to India recently, and I haven't even got on to the Bride and Groom yet. Go to an Indian house it is Satellite TV, DVDs, Games Consoles but no books on Sikhism! When is the last time you had a conversation with your friends and family and talked about the last thing you did as an act of charity?

Our Gurus preached humbleness and a simple way of life with a direct connection to Waheguru. Sikhism was there to protect us against 'overspend' (look at our dress code, steel not gold bangle), Guru Ka Langar (healthy, affordable, vegetarian food) to engage in honest labour, get educated lead a disciplined life. I do not measure my wealth against others I am always going to loose so why bother. Live within your means don't believe the Hype! I have come across so many people who flashed money and goods around, turned out they had nothing apart from huge mortgages and loans, now with the recession Bailiffs are knocking on their doors.

There exists a mentality in Punjab that people who go abroad live a very comfortable life, drive multiple cars, live in big houses, etc...You can blame the NRIs for this attitude, we are to blame. When NRIs go back to India, they show of their jewellery, pictures of their cars and big houses to people without telling them how hard they have to work to be able to afford all that. I have seen people work 3 jobs to afford expensive cars and houses, that part is oh so conveniently left out of the conversation however.

So you decide who's to blame for all the false hype.