Raagmala Steek In English

kam1825

Forgive me for this but it is a quick post to make the sangat aware of a book DTF have published for me

A small book on the basic and intricate meanings of the Sri Raagmala has been released in the UK and is now available from DTF book store in Birmingham for £2.99.

Just thought i would let the sangat know in case anyone is interested

Bhai Sahib since you have taken the liberty to translate these writings please do give us a brief explanation on the following questions

1. Who wrote Rag Mala?

2. Why is the numbering system so different compared to the Gurbani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji?

3. Most importantly what is the Gurmat principle behind Rag Mala? Meaning what is the Hukum of Raag Mala?

thanks in advance

Preface

This small book is about a small prayer known as the ‘Raagmala’. This can be found on the final two angs of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Over the past century this prayer has become the issue of a major dispute between fractions of the Sikh community. There are those who believe this to be a scripture written under the guidance of the Guru’s (spiritual masters) of the Sikhs and there are also those who believe this to be written by a Sufi saint.

I have written this book from my personal viewpoint on this issue. I accept every ang of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as the authentic works under the guidance of the Guru’s. I regard not believing in the Raagmala as a work of the Guru as finding a fault in the spiritual master. It is like stating that Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji is the perfect and complete spiritual master however he had a crooked nose. I deem the individual who is a sceptic over the small composition of the Raagmala as an individual who finds fault within their spiritual master. One who does not have complete faith in the spiritual master cannot gain peace and become liberated. In this small book you will find the commentary of the ‘Sri Raagmala’ with both the basic and spiritual meanings. I hope this book will assist those who cast a doubt over this scripture and help them understand that this is the authentic work of the Guru and no other.

I should also make all of the readers aware that this book is merely a translation of a number of commentaries which I have edited. I do not have the level of spirituality to create such works. Before I start to write this book and before you begin to read it I would like to thank those knowledgeable individuals who have created works that assisted me in this translation. I would like to pay my respects and thanks to the following people, Sant Giani Sundar Singh Ji Bhindrawalae, Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawalae, Sant Giani Amir Singh Ji Sato Gali Walae, Sant Giani Kirpal Singh Ji Sato Gali Walae, Sant Giani Pooran Singh Ji Delhi Walae, Giani Thakur Singh Ji Patiala Walae, Sant Giani Hari Singh Ji Randhawae Walae, Bhai Harjinder Singh Ji Damdami Taksal and Sant Jagjeet Singh Ji Harkhowalae. These are the individuals who have provided great works and sermons on this great scripture and its value towards the Sikh faith. Above all I would like to thank the Almighty Lord and the Guru’s of the Sikh faith who have blessed me with the opportunity to learn in accordance to their will.

I wish to pay my personal respects to Sant Giani Hari Singh Ji Randhawae Walae who have given me the support to complete this project in order for those who do not have a complete grasp of the written Gurmukhi language to understand the deep and moving composition of the Guru. A number of other individuals have assisted me in this task namely Sant Tirath Singh Nirmala who has blessed this book with a beautiful foreword. Sant Sher Singh Ji Nirmala has providing some constructive feedback prior to the release of the book and Bhai Daljeet Singh Ji Nirmala has also supported this task from the start to completion. Last but not least I wish to thank DTF books for their assistance in publishing this small book so the general public who have an interest in this field of Gurbani can gain the foundation of faith for the Sri Raagmala as I did through the numerous books I researched and read. If any faults are found within this book then please accept my apologies as these are not the fault of these great beings that I have listed but of the translator. For this reason all of the faults found within this book lay with me.

Servant of the Guru

Kamalpreet Singh Pardeshi

Veerji,

You have said 2 things in your post which seem to condradict one another:

1. I have written this book from my personal viewpoint on this issue.

2. I should also make all of the readers aware that this book is merely a translation of a number of commentaries which I have edited. I do not have the level of spirituality to create such works.

In my mind this it should be one or the other.

Furthermore, you say that "I accept every ang of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as the authentic works under the guidance of the Guru’s. I regard not believing in the Raagmala as a work of the Guru as finding a fault in the spiritual master. It is like stating that Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji is the perfect and complete spiritual master however he had a crooked nose. I deem the individual who is a sceptic over the small composition of the Raagmala as an individual who finds fault within their spiritual master. One who does not have complete faith in the spiritual master cannot gain peace and become liberated. In this small book you will find the commentary of the ‘Sri Raagmala’ with both the basic and spiritual meanings. I hope this book will assist those who cast a doubt over this scripture and help them understand that this is the authentic work of the Guru and no other."

No one is doubting that the work of our beloved tenth master Guru Gobind Singh is complete. The concern that the people who having the differing view is that, it was something included afterwards and not by Guru Gobind Singh. I would urge you to read the book 'Mundavane' written by Giani Gurgit Singh, to get a balanced view to make up you own mind. One can only make a judgement by looking at both sides of the story. I will indeed get a copy of your book and read it to learn what the said Gurmukhs have said about Raagmala.

WJKK WJKF!

Preface

This small book is about a small prayer known as the ‘Raagmala’. This can be found on the final two angs of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Over the past century this prayer has become the issue of a major dispute between fractions of the Sikh community. There are those who believe this to be a scripture written under the guidance of the Guru’s (spiritual masters) of the Sikhs and there are also those who believe this to be written by a Sufi saint.

I have written this book from my personal viewpoint on this issue. I accept every ang of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as the authentic works under the guidance of the Guru’s. I regard not believing in the Raagmala as a work of the Guru as finding a fault in the spiritual master. It is like stating that Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji is the perfect and complete spiritual master however he had a crooked nose. I deem the individual who is a sceptic over the small composition of the Raagmala as an individual who finds fault within their spiritual master. One who does not have complete faith in the spiritual master cannot gain peace and become liberated. In this small book you will find the commentary of the ‘Sri Raagmala’ with both the basic and spiritual meanings. I hope this book will assist those who cast a doubt over this scripture and help them understand that this is the authentic work of the Guru and no other.

I should also make all of the readers aware that this book is merely a translation of a number of commentaries which I have edited. I do not have the level of spirituality to create such works. Before I start to write this book and before you begin to read it I would like to thank those knowledgeable individuals who have created works that assisted me in this translation. I would like to pay my respects and thanks to the following people, Sant Giani Sundar Singh Ji Bhindrawalae, Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawalae, Sant Giani Amir Singh Ji Sato Gali Walae, Sant Giani Kirpal Singh Ji Sato Gali Walae, Sant Giani Pooran Singh Ji Delhi Walae, Giani Thakur Singh Ji Patiala Walae, Sant Giani Hari Singh Ji Randhawae Walae, Bhai Harjinder Singh Ji Damdami Taksal and Sant Jagjeet Singh Ji Harkhowalae. These are the individuals who have provided great works and sermons on this great scripture and its value towards the Sikh faith. Above all I would like to thank the Almighty Lord and the Guru’s of the Sikh faith who have blessed me with the opportunity to learn in accordance to their will.

I wish to pay my personal respects to Sant Giani Hari Singh Ji Randhawae Walae who have given me the support to complete this project in order for those who do not have a complete grasp of the written Gurmukhi language to understand the deep and moving composition of the Guru. A number of other individuals have assisted me in this task namely Sant Tirath Singh Nirmala who has blessed this book with a beautiful foreword. Sant Sher Singh Ji Nirmala has providing some constructive feedback prior to the release of the book and Bhai Daljeet Singh Ji Nirmala has also supported this task from the start to completion. Last but not least I wish to thank DTF books for their assistance in publishing this small book so the general public who have an interest in this field of Gurbani can gain the foundation of faith for the Sri Raagmala as I did through the numerous books I researched and read. If any faults are found within this book then please accept my apologies as these are not the fault of these great beings that I have listed but of the translator. For this reason all of the faults found within this book lay with me.

Servant of the Guru

The points from giani Gurdit Singh Jees book have been counteracted in this book, im not bhai kamalpreet singh pardheshi, just a friend of his.

Thank You Gurvah, its been a while since you posted, hope everything is well.

Benti, can we not turn into raagmala pro con thread and concentrate on the panthic issues at hand, the reason the book was posted as its just been released and will be on sale soon and not to get into debates.

Veerji,

You have said 2 things in your post which seem to condradict one another:

1. I have written this book from my personal viewpoint on this issue.

2. I should also make all of the readers aware that this book is merely a translation of a number of commentaries which I have edited. I do not have the level of spirituality to create such works.

In my mind this it should be one or the other.

Furthermore, you say that "I accept every ang of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as the authentic works under the guidance of the Guru’s. I regard not believing in the Raagmala as a work of the Guru as finding a fault in the spiritual master. It is like stating that Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji is the perfect and complete spiritual master however he had a crooked nose. I deem the individual who is a sceptic over the small composition of the Raagmala as an individual who finds fault within their spiritual master. One who does not have complete faith in the spiritual master cannot gain peace and become liberated. In this small book you will find the commentary of the ‘Sri Raagmala’ with both the basic and spiritual meanings. I hope this book will assist those who cast a doubt over this scripture and help them understand that this is the authentic work of the Guru and no other."

No one is doubting that the work of our beloved tenth master Guru Gobind Singh is complete. The concern that the people who having the differing view is that, it was something included afterwards and not by Guru Gobind Singh. I would urge you to read the book 'Mundavane' written by Giani Gurgit Singh, to get a balanced view to make up you own mind. One can only make a judgement by looking at both sides of the story. I will indeed get a copy of your book and read it to learn what the said Gurmukhs have said about Raagmala.

WJKK WJKF!

Preface

Servant of the Guru

Vjkk vjkf

I have looked through this book bhai sahib has translated and it is brilliant. I think before anyone makes an opinion on any issue with raagmala, both sides of the argument should be looked at in great detail. It is a bigger paap rejecting something because of just looking at a counter argument on an issue. As if we havent even explored the argument for the topic theres a strong chance we could be wrong. And to reject gurbani is the biggest sin a sikh can commit.

Benti to anyone who has issues with raagmala, please do sufficient research and take this oppertunity of reading the new released book, and then form an opinion after looking at both sides of the argument.

I see so many youngsters nowadays getting sucked into forming an opinion because of the influence of others views, or by reading a 1 sided argument on the issue. And do maha beadbi by rejecting something they have no clue about.

Alot of singhs read 1 book as gurvah has stated called mundavani, and base their whole view on what ever has been told to them by giani Gurgit Singh. im afraid if thats the limit of your research, then the opinion isnt yours, it is giani gurgit singhs. the book bhai sahib has translated and given the view points of numerous mahapurakhs, brahm gianis of the khalsa panth. im not saying read the book and form an opinion, im saying consider all arguements before making an opinion.

In reply to the points about the contradiction bhai sahib has made, i dont see a contradiction. I dont personally know bhai sahib, but from what i understand from looking at their preface is;

They have written the book on their opinion, that is that raagmala is bani. That is the basis on why he has translated the texts of other gursikhs on raagmala. thats how iv understood the preface, i could be wrong though.

Well done khalsa ji in translating Satguru ji's Gurbani.

bhul chuk maaf karni ji

Vjkk vjkf

I have looked through this book bhai sahib has translated and it is brilliant. I think before anyone makes an opinion on any issue with raagmala, both sides of the argument should be looked at in great detail. It is a bigger paap rejecting something because of just looking at a counter argument on an issue. As if we havent even explored the argument for the topic theres a strong chance we could be wrong. And to reject gurbani is the biggest sin a sikh can commit.

Agreed. S. Bhindrawale did not get sucked into debates on meat, Ragmala, etc. during the morchas because it would have been a distraction at the time.

Read the book. Argue at a later time.

Yes I am well thanks.

I agree with your comments and I am in no way trying to turn this in to debate and hope that no one else does. But I hope, as you say people with make up their own minds by researching both sides of the argument, and not following a specific jatha just because you have alliance with them, without doing thier own research. That's why I will read the book bhai sahib has written, as there have been Mahapurkhs in history both pro and anti-raagmala, which is why the panth has not come to a decision.

At the end we will all have our own lekha, so make up your own minds by doinfg your own research!

WJKK WJKF!

Vjkk vjkf

Benti to anyone who has issues with raagmala, please do sufficient research and take this oppertunity of reading the new released book, and then form an opinion after looking at both sides of the argument.

I see so many youngsters nowadays getting sucked into forming an opinion because of the influence of others views, or by reading a 1 sided argument on the issue. And do maha beadbi by rejecting something they have no clue about.

bhul chuk maaf karni ji

Yes I am well thanks.

I agree with your comments and I am in no way trying to turn this in to debate and hope that no one else does. But I hope, as you say people with make up their own minds by researching both sides of the argument, and not following a specific jatha just because you have alliance with them, without doing thier own research. That's why I will read the book bhai sahib has written, as there have been Mahapurkhs in history both pro and anti-raagmala, which is why the panth has not come to a decision.

At the end we will all have our own lekha, so make up your own minds by doinfg your own research!

WJKK WJKF!

Vjkk vjkf

bhul chuk maaf karni ji