A Dating Situation...

Guest ImStuck

hey kiddo,

this guy sounds like a typical guy from a bigg city :) most of my friends are players and i can tell you right now from experience this guy is playing you, the reason hes not committin to you is because either he has a girlfriend and your just on the side or he doesnt think that your worth the trouble of a relationship...dont waste your time and move on...cuz your just an option in his life and he knows that...he knows all he has to do is tell you that he loves and he'll change and then you will melt and things go back to the way they were....been there done that...take my advice leave him

if your into dating atleast date a guy that respects you for who you are and not what you look like...i kno physical attraction is the first form of attraction but you gotta move on from that and the relationship has to have depth...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In My Opinion,

Dating Advice on a Sikhi Site?!?!?!?

Dating is NOT ACCEPTED in Sikhi!! Certain Karmas Can Change the ENTIRE course of Your Life!!!! NO DATING!!!

Learn about Gurmat and Make your Way to RehitVaan Panj Pyareh, Khande-Pahul Amrit and Khalsa Rehit! Live for Gurmat Your ENTIRE Life. Start Now. Not Later.

Chardi Kala!!!

Only one advise from one sister to another "Leave Him" you deserve a lot better, you will only realize this after you leave him when the best will come to you. Just concentrate on sikhi and try to go in sanget as much as possible,that will only help you. Please don't let anybody spoil your soul! By reading your article I feel that your heart is against this guy, so please go ahead and take this step!!!

Guest londonerjatt

listen young girl :)

you shouldn't fall into the trap of being controlled by a man you aren;t married to. You shouldn;t even consider yourself a partner if you aren;t married, not if you consider yourself traditional. MAny traditonal families are not that religious.

It is just not very honourable to be someone's partner without marriage, do not put yourself into this vulnerability. A man that respects you shall marry you first before making claims of partnership!

Guest forgetfull

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

read you post as someone else

you have your answer

you just need the strengh

god is the only way

focus on waheguru

dont look in mirrors,

you will only see youself

focus on waheguru

and know your true self

waheguru is in all beings

there is nothing but waheguru

what do you have to fear

if you know this

and experience it

life will adjust itself

when you lose yourself

WJKK WJKF

So I have read everyones post and thank you so much for all the advice...i have stopped meeting him and talking to him on the phone and aim....but after like 3 or 4 days we text back and forth and its nothing more than its going to snow...times square is gorgeous tonight...basically small talk and I want to stop that but whenever his text comes i cant stop myself from replying to him...and i feel sad all the time that he betrayed me and used me like that...he knew how much i was putting into this relationship...i need help getting over this and moving on....

the semester at uni just ended..so now i have tons of free time (i work but its an office job so its easy) and whenever im alone or just free all i can do is think about him and thats when i start thinking that mayb mayb he can change and all i have to do is believe in him and give this another chance...but how many chances can i give a man? and how do i know that im not making a mistake by leaving him?

WJKK WJKF

So I have read everyones post and thank you so much for all the advice...i have stopped meeting him and talking to him on the phone and aim....but after like 3 or 4 days we text back and forth and its nothing more than its going to snow...times square is gorgeous tonight...basically small talk and I want to stop that but whenever his text comes i cant stop myself from replying to him...and i feel sad all the time that he betrayed me and used me like that...he knew how much i was putting into this relationship...i need help getting over this and moving on....

the semester at uni just ended..so now i have tons of free time (i work but its an office job so its easy) and whenever im alone or just free all i can do is think about him and thats when i start thinking that mayb mayb he can change and all i have to do is believe in him and give this another chance...but how many chances can i give a man? and how do i know that im not making a mistake by leaving him?

Good for you that you have attempted to stop contact with this person, however, much work needs to be done by you yet. You have been given good SIKHI advice in this thread by various people. However, that is all others can do, it is your battle, your decision, and in the end only you will have to bear the consequences. Harsh words by Bhagat Fareed Sahib Jee:

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5225

PrIdw kUkyidAw cWgyidAw mqI dyidAw inq ]

fareedhaa kookaedhiaa chaa(n)gaedhiaa mathee dhaedhiaa nith ||

Fareed, they shouted and yelled, and constantly gave good advice.

jo sYqwin vM\wieAw sy ikq Pyrih icq ]15]

jo saithaan va(n)n(j)aaeiaa sae kith faerehi chith ||15||

But those whom the devil has spoiled - how can they turn their consciousness towards God? ||15||

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5231

PrIdw rwqI vfIAW DuiK DuiK auTin pws ]

fareedhaa raathee vaddeeaaa(n) dhhukh dhhukh out(h)an paas ||

Fareed, the nights are long, and my sides are aching in pain.

iDgu iqn@w dw jIivAw ijnw ivfwxI Aws ]21]

dhhig thinhaa dhaa jeeviaa jinaa viddaanee aas ||21||

Cursed are the lives of those who place their hopes in others. ||21||

Perhaps you are not into Sikhi much and have a hard time relating to Gurbani, even so, there are other things you can do to keep yourself busy and thereby distract the mind from going toward this boy. For example, when it happens, try to simply focus on the breath, notice it going in through the nostrils, then follow it down to your belly, then notice it come back up. Slow the breath down...that may prove helpful to you (especially if you are unable to find solace in Gurbani).

I can relate to you as I have gone through very similar situation not too long ago, any advice given to me fell on deaf ears. I can only hope that you do not make the same mistake as I did.

Guest forgetfull

that pain inside that you reminds you

is not good

how do i know

because it pains you

focus on god

dont wait for someone to change

accept them for what they are

and accept what you must do

over time everything changes

what we liked once before means nothing to us anymore